Playstation Home

Faisal

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lulz.Home is finally going to be released tommorow.
the full ting?
open beta, so shops, previously sealed-off areas, clubhouses, game launching etc will all be active
ok koolso whens the FULL ting coming lool
its ever-evolving innit so there's never gonna be a "full thing"(Feb '09 is when the beta ends)

lol I didn't explain it wellCos there's always gonna be developments in HOME there's never gonna be a full thing if you get what I meanTomorrow open beta begins, then the open beta ends in Feb.Then Beta gets taken off the name and it just becomes HOMEI wouldn't get your hopes up about it being sick tho, cos from when TedTheDog tells people "remember its a beta" its bait somethings flopped or isn't up to standard :lol:

lol I didn't explain it wellCos there's always gonna be developments in HOME there's never gonna be a full thing if you get what I meanTomorrow open beta begins, then the open beta ends in Feb.Then Beta gets taken off the name and it just becomes HOMEI wouldn't get your hopes up about it being sick tho, cos from when TedTheDog tells people "remember its a beta" its bait somethings flopped or isn't up to standard :lol:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/news/...hes-11th-Dec/p1

PlayStation Home Theatre will provide lifestyle technology programming from Hexus TV, gaming content from Eurogamer and exclusive film content from Paramount Pictures. Starting with the release of the highly anticipated film, Watchmen, Paramount Pictures International will use PlayStation®Home to promote its latest films. Initially, PlayStation®Home residents will be able to view an exclusive video greeting from Watchmen Director Zack Snyder as well as the latest Watchmen trailer. A selection of virtual Watchmen merchandise e.g. T-Shirts with the smiley face logo, Doomsday clocks and character statues, will also be available in the New Year, ahead of an exclusive Q & A event where cast and filmmakers will meet selected press and competition winners fans within the Watchmen themed environment.

Microsoft: "[Home] feels like 2005 tech in 2008"Posted on December 11th, 2008 at 05:14 EDTSpeaking with Kotaku, Microsoft's Group Product Manager for Xbox 360 Aaron Greenberg shared his opinion on PlayStation Home, expressing that it feels outdated and there is a "huge gap" in the quality of Home when compared to Microsofts Xbox Live service."I think we have seen people are willing to pay for the premium experience," Greenberg said. "When they compare Live, even to Home, there is still a huge gap.""What Home to me feels like is Second Life for hardcore gamers," he said, "it doesnt feel like it broadens the experience and invites people in. When they unveiled it, it seemed innovative. I think what's happened is now here we are a couple of years later and we feel beyond that.""It feels like 2005 tech in 2008. I'm not sure thats what people want."Needless to say, we certainly dont share Greenbergs views on the matter, but with PlayStation Home now entering its public beta phase, well finally be able to see how punters react to the online social platform and whether or not Sony can deliver on its promises in the coming months.Stay tuned.