any1 know about the secret

Ismooth

I've no problem with positivity, perseverence and using your initiative to engineer good things into your lifeBut the idea that you can manipulate physical, external reality with positive thoughts is emphatic, pungent bullshit.
rather than just spout grammar, its wiser to state why you feel such thing's are bullshit. and who says its new age when they are merely talking about things that have been said over thousands of years, time and time again in different books and from different men and women. its far easier to claim stuff like this is bullshit than to actually understand what is being talked about. its actually more worrying that so many young people in British culture are so quick to dismiss things even though the path is right
I did state why I think it's bullshit. And I'm not just dismissing it out of hand. I'm not denying that a positive outlook, optimistic patterns of thought, hard work, mantras, gratitude, focus and proactive approaches are useful tools for any person's success. If it were ONLY a self-help book about that: about improving your mindset, overcoming circumstances, eliminating doubt, and internally-negotiating your skills and efforts into success - I would have no problem with it. sh*t, I would welcome it.But "The Secret" is that you can attract good things to you, by positive patterns of thought. It says you can manipulate the external, material universe with your mind. This is the thrust of the argument. Sorry. I call bullshit. Unsubstantiated, unscientific nonsense. The attempts at evidence are feeble. It goes on and on about 'vibrations' and 'frequencies' and 'absorbing it into your cells' with a horrendously superficial grasp of biology, string theory, and the numerous other branches of science that it casually stomps on. It namedrops a heap of historical figures and grossly distorts their work (was disgusted to see Socrates, Newton, Einstein etc in the mix), painting it as some sort of Da Vinci Code conspiracy which the powerful have kept from us throughout history. It's just bollocks.I don't object to spirituality, and I don't object to the quest for humans to find deeper meaning, to push the boundaries of what we can understand and to clarify exactly where we fit in the universe. But sh*t like this subtracts from that effort. There's just far too much worthwhile, enlightening, probing philosophy out there... far too much insight and wisdom, from towering men of vision and truth, for anybody's attention to be distracted by this trashBut if anyone feels to cop the hardback edition, audio book, DVD, special edition mousemat and board game, I hear it's very reasonably priced at £34.95

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People buying into this pseudo-scientific hollowness must be overly-desperate for something to clutch ontoI find it sad that so many in our culture are so deeply lost and devoid of spiritual fulfilment that they'll turn to bollocks like this so readilyPerhaps a reaction to the slow, unspoken realisation that despite what they've been taught from birth, buying more and more sh*t won't fill that empty hole inside themI've no problem with positivity, perseverence and using your initiative to engineer good things into your lifeBut the idea that you can manipulate physical, external reality with positive thoughts is emphatic, pungent bullshit.Pure fantasyDisappointed that so many people here subscribe to this new-age nonsense
rather than just spout grammar, its wiser to state why you feel such thing's are bullshit. and who says its new age when they are merely talking about things that have been said over thousands of years, time and time again in different books and from different men and women. its far easier to claim stuff like this is bullshit than to actually understand what is being talked about. the most successful people, some i know personally SUBSCRIBE to this bullshit you claim.. read ANY book about successful people and they either subscribe to the same mentality naturally, or were taught it. such people also read similar books like this. its actually more worrying that so many young people in British culture are so quick to dismiss things even though the path is right in front of them. perhaps the thought that one book is supposed to immediately change your life is too high an expectation for most people, because they set their sights too low. i don't see how believing you can change your circumstance regardless of your circumstance is "new age". of course some people have read 500 hundred 'self development' books and are still in the same place they were when they bought the 1st one, while others have used 1 or a few books to make immense progress. just cos the shoe doesnt fit you doesnt mean its not gonna fit someone else, or is not worth wearing at all. .. about new ageand yes you need something to clutch on to in life or you will drift along with the wind to where ever the winds of life blows.
emotional @ Superstitionc/s @ carpe

I've no problem with positivity, perseverence and using your initiative to engineer good things into your lifeBut the idea that you can manipulate physical, external reality with positive thoughts is emphatic, pungent bullshit.
rather than just spout grammar, its wiser to state why you feel such thing's are bullshit. and who says its new age when they are merely talking about things that have been said over thousands of years, time and time again in different books and from different men and women. its far easier to claim stuff like this is bullshit than to actually understand what is being talked about. its actually more worrying that so many young people in British culture are so quick to dismiss things even though the path is right
I did state why I think it's bullshit. And I'm not just dismissing it out of hand. I'm not denying that a positive outlook, optimistic patterns of thought, hard work, mantras, gratitude, focus and proactive approaches are useful tools for any person's success. If it were ONLY a self-help book about that: about improving your mindset, overcoming circumstances, eliminating doubt, and internally-negotiating your skills and efforts into success - I would have no problem with it. sh*t, I would welcome it.But "The Secret" is that you can attract good things to you, by positive patterns of thought. It says you can manipulate the external, material universe with your mind. This is the thrust of the argument. Sorry. I call bullshit. Unsubstantiated, unscientific nonsense. The attempts at evidence are feeble. It goes on and on about 'vibrations' and 'frequencies' and 'absorbing it into your cells' with a horrendously superficial grasp of biology, string theory, and the numerous other branches of science that it casually stomps on. It namedrops a heap of historical figures and grossly distorts their work (was disgusted to see Socrates, Newton, Einstein etc in the mix), painting it as some sort of Da Vinci Code conspiracy which the powerful have kept from us throughout history. It's just bollocks.I don't object to spirituality, and I don't object to the quest for humans to find deeper meaning, to push the boundaries of what we can understand and to clarify exactly where we fit in the universe. But sh*t like this subtracts from that effort. There's just far too much worthwhile, enlightening, probing philosophy out there... far too much insight and wisdom, from towering men of vision and truth, for anybody's attention to be distracted by this trashBut if anyone feels to cop the hardback edition, audio book, DVD, special edition mousemat and board game, I hear it's very reasonably priced at £34.95
drop linx fam

its at that point i see that if you cant beleive in that.. then there's no point in continuing this discussion. yet, every book about similar things and people has also said the same in many variety of ways. its this reason why the top 10% in every country earn more than the rest 90% on avg, yet this is not just about finance, but it includes alot more. you await 'proven' facts and science yet those who have used the things mentioned in the book in sports, creativity, personal development etc all say the same thing. there is nothing new or surreal that the book is talking about. you'll find that we do things without knowing whats really behind it. all it is doing is explaining what that is for those who already have an idea.. and to those that dont, how to begin to.there are in fact scientific truths and on going research into many of the things mentioned in the book. but good luck in sticking to your more probing philosophy.

certian peeps getting emotional tryna say this stuff is bullshit. lol my aunt has read da think and grow rich and its similar to the secret. look at her now shes whippin hard wid a nice car and good job. anyways if you dont like it dont post negative reply on this thread. im talking to super i respect your oppinion but why be so bitter about it. i think its good dvd

if you want to be successfull >>>> meditate. it's real deep. visualize how you want your life to become, opening up your melanine (sp)? which is bascially your third eye. You feel your soul pop out and you start thinking crazy. Most man will think im chattin sh*t but try it and you feel good about yourself. It's what us blacks used to do back in the day before the whites came and f*cked up our sh*t.

if you want to be successfull >>>> meditate. it's real deep. visualize how you want your life to become, opening up your melanine (sp)? which is bascially your third eye. You feel your soul pop out and you start thinking crazy. Most man will think im chattin sh*t but try it and you feel good about yourself. It's what us blacks used to do back in the day before the whites came and f*cked up our sh*t.
da hell u talking about nyiguh

type in open your third eye on google.once you mastered this. the possibilites is endless.

type in open your third eye on google.once you mastered this. the possibilites is endless.
Lol @ talking to this faggot about third eye. This faggot will PM you thinking you meant something else.

Lol @ talking to this faggot about third eye. This faggot will PM you thinking you meant something else.
Got locked up but I'm free now.Lost bare weight in the can and look bare scruffy now. Hol tight anyone who backed man and put 3.Parrist in their sig, fully appreciated.But on topic, How well do you take care of yourself?Do you clean out your ears every morning?Cut or do your hair every week?Trim your nails every week?What do you do to take care of yourself? Any special diets? Swear them Destiny Child whores are not allowed to consume dairy products to preserve their voices?But yeah, tell the forum your routine
UR THE BIGGEST FAGGOT ON HERE. SHUT UR WASTE MOUTH AND f*ck OUT MY THREAD

People buying into this pseudo-scientific hollowness must be overly-desperate for something to clutch ontoI find it sad that so many in our culture are so deeply lost and devoid of spiritual fulfilment that they'll turn to bollocks like this so readilyPerhaps a reaction to the slow, unspoken realisation that despite what they've been taught from birth, buying more and more sh*t won't fill that empty hole inside themI've no problem with positivity, perseverence and using your initiative to engineer good things into your lifeBut the idea that you can manipulate physical, external reality with positive thoughts is emphatic, pungent bullshitPure fantasyDisappointed that so many people here subscribe to this new-age nonsense.
:lol: I can not even begin to fathom you of all people making such statements.What do you think gives birth to such notions? Is it not thoughts? Desires to be like that which was cemented by physical, emotional & spiritual entities around you? And lets be honest, such things were planted by other individuals who grapsed the same idea long before mum & dad decided your existance.Let's take music for example, in particular Jazz. Pick your favourite jazz artist.Are you going to tell me he or she (the artist) didn't manipulate YOU and millions of others physically & emotionally with THEIR thoughts? Which evolved into the jazz music you hear regardless of if it was forged by positive or negative thoughts.The same idea of thought manipulation (positive or negative or both) is transferable to many other things in life. To say its 'pungent bullshit' & 'pure fantasy' is beyond comprehension to me.Lol @ 'new-age nonsense' when its been happening for so long.

not even into the whole read a book and change ur life flex but that stuff superstition posted about not being able to change ur situation by positive thinking is bullshit. thats not even a secretend of the day i doubt richard branson read this book b4 doing his thing, or billgates. i doubt the mother that has a wonderful marriage and family read this book before she was able to know how to go about life.i doubt P brisco read this book before ruling the roads etc.. if u got it.. u got it tbhthe writer of this book jus making money by claiming its a secret when its not but shes baiding now.

I don't think anyone is arguing that its a secret. I'm just putting it to Superstition that thoughts positive or negative manipulate people physically, emotionally, spiritually & in other ways too & that its not a new concept.I also don't think its just a matter of if you've got it or not. It's a matter of how strong your desire is to be whatever it is you want to be consistantly backing it up with hard work, persistence etc. Are you familar with the concept of auto-suggestion venom?Strong desires (thoughts negative or positive) is what drives people to do certain things. If its lacking, your reward & rewards from others will be of similar proportion or vice versa. In short if you want to build a empire like Richard Branson, you take all the measures that will enable you to get to that goal. If you don't, you'll fail. In that journey, you will attract others of similar mindsets (law of attraction) and those will make or break you.

I can not even begin to fathom you of all people making such statements.What do you think gives birth to such notions? Is it not thoughts? Desires to be like that which was cemented by physical, emotional & spiritual entities around you? And lets be honest, such things were planted by other individuals who grapsed the same idea long before mum & dad decided your existance.Let's take music for example, in particular Jazz. Pick your favourite jazz artist.Are you going to tell me he or she (the artist) didn't manipulate YOU and millions of others physically & emotionally with THEIR thoughts? Which evolved into the jazz music you hear regardless of if it was forged by positive or negative thoughts.The same idea of thought manipulation (positive or negative or both) is transferable to many other things in life. To say its 'pungent bullshit' & 'pure fantasy' is beyond comprehension to me.Lol @ 'new-age nonsense' when its been happening for so long.
You've misunderstood me quite dramaticallyA jazz musician effects others through the action of playing music. It starts with a thought, but it's the enactment, the expression of the thought through plucking the strings/blowing the horn, which transfers it to exterior reality and into others. If John Coltrane sat on stage thinking about beautiful tunes, it wouldn't mean sh*t. His ideas aren't manipulating anything when they're sitting in his head. He had to translate them into enactment for it to have any effect in the external universe.Thinking positive thoughts won't improve your circumstances. Teaching yourself to think positively, and re-making your actions to reflect that change is what improves your circumstance. The thoughts themselves aren't sh*t, unless you're moulding your character to enact the positive focus in your life. The Secret claims that you can suck good things towards you with your mind. On some "there is no spoon" sh*t. It explicitly states this, many times. Sorry, no sale. Self-improvement isn't some David Copperfield trick. To change your circumstances you have to reconstruct your character and change the things you do: the steps you take in search of success, the way you interact with people, the effort you put in, the choices you make. Amending your outlook is just loading the gun: pulling the trigger requires changing your conduct. People who swear by this have done both, and attributed it to the former, without realising that it's the latter which brought the improvement. External circumstances change because you change them, not because success was "sucked" towards you by your positive vibrations.

I can not even begin to fathom you of all people making such statements.What do you think gives birth to such notions? Is it not thoughts? Desires to be like that which was cemented by physical, emotional & spiritual entities around you? And lets be honest, such things were planted by other individuals who grapsed the same idea long before mum & dad decided your existance.Let's take music for example, in particular Jazz. Pick your favourite jazz artist.Are you going to tell me he or she (the artist) didn't manipulate YOU and millions of others physically & emotionally with THEIR thoughts? Which evolved into the jazz music you hear regardless of if it was forged by positive or negative thoughts.The same idea of thought manipulation (positive or negative or both) is transferable to many other things in life. To say its 'pungent bullshit' & 'pure fantasy' is beyond comprehension to me.Lol @ 'new-age nonsense' when its been happening for so long.
You've misunderstood me quite dramaticallyA jazz musician effects others through the action of playing music. It starts with a thought, but it's the enactment, the expression of the thought through plucking the strings/blowing the horn, which transfers it to exterior reality and into others. If John Coltrane sat on stage thinking about beautiful tunes, it wouldn't mean sh*t. His ideas aren't manipulating anything when they're sitting in his head. He had to translate them into enactment for it to have any effect in the external universe.Thinking positive thoughts won't improve your circumstances. Teaching yourself to think positively, and re-making your actions to reflect that change is what improves your circumstance. The thoughts themselves aren't sh*t, unless you're moulding your character to enact the positive focus in your life. The Secret claims that you can suck good things towards you with your mind. On some "there is no spoon" sh*t. It explicitly states this, many times. Sorry, no sale. Self-improvement isn't some David Copperfield trick. To change your circumstances you have to reconstruct your character and change the things you do: the steps you take in search of success, the way you interact with people, the effort you put in, the choices you make. Amending your outlook is just loading the gun: pulling the trigger requires changing your conduct. People who swear by this have done both, and attributed it to the former, without realising that it's the latter which brought the improvement. External circumstances change because you change them, not because success was "sucked" towards you by your positive vibrations.
people say ur smart but just accept that this time around just admit you failed to show ur smartness. from when you get petty and say its not the thought but the action that changes the circumstance ..u already failed cosFOR f*ck SAKE ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE OR A SECRET TO KNOW THAT EVERY ACTION BEGINS WITH A THOUGHTIF YOU DONT HAVE THAT THOUGHT PROCESS YOU CANNOT HAVE THE CREATIVE ACTION PROCESSA COMPUTER BUILT TO DO AMAZING THINGS CANNOT WORK IF YOU DONT SWITCH IT ON. HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF DARE TO DREAM? IF YOU THINK IT CAN BE IT? YOUR MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE ? ALL DEM SAYINGS THERETHINKING IS SWITCHING YOURSELF ON... NOW ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG AND WE CAN ALL ENJOY THE REST OFTHE EVENING

:lol: @ big red letters. Attention seeking much?I'm not being petty or pedantic for the sake of it. The Secret spends a long time asserting that you can manipulate external reality with the magical powers of your mind. It's irresponsible antiscience.
it gets attention yes. btu i havent read the book just picked up on you saying its action that makes the difference not thought. my friend's dad is a retired sports psychologist, thats nto even the name of his work but its like that. he got paid sh*t loads of money to help clubs, and athletes change their mental ability of thinking in order to improve their game. control the mind and the rest will follow/ thread

Superstition,My point is everything starts with thought, the mind, positive or negative. Enactment/manipulation/effects/things outside the mind comes after. I'm only going to address your first sentence, the rest is common sense to me, pointless & adds no weight to your arguement.Of course thoughts imprisioned in ones mind alone can not affect or manipulate anything in the real world. Surely that is not the foundation of your resistance in refusing to accept positive/negative thoughts manipulate is it? We are debating thoughts that are free of the mind & in the real physical world. I thought I clearly explained that with your favourite jazz artist. I knew you'd pick one of the greats WHO HAS ALREADY MANIPULATED the real world with his music via live shows, releases, videos etc. You & millions have danced to it, clicked your fingers, zoned out thinking about something while enjoying the mood his put you in, felt pure joy, sadness etc. In those moments, John Coltrane did that to you. To say otherwise is laughable.Admit defeat this time Superstition, I will still deem you an intelligent individual 'ol chap lol