FL STUDIO tricks and cheats?

Benjamin Disraeli

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dats bullshit
Man like Ryan Leslie done alrightSticky too in the early days..Its definately about how you use it...Rewiring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FT BIG W
ryan leslie is MUSICALLY hard he plays live instruments ect y wud he do that in fruityloopsu c what gets me wid fruity is its soooo limited, but it is how i learnt how to structure beats i cant lieif u use fruity ,the way i see it is, you either cant afford a mac and logic pro or u just do da music ting as a hobbyive never been in a profesh studio that has fruityloops, frm time they dnt even make it 4 mac its a par
How is FL limited? What can you do in Logic that you cant in FL?The reason you hardly see FL in a pro studio is that they can afford more expensive equipment so they choose it. But that doesn't mean its lilmited.The lastest FL comes with ALOT of plugins which you can play with and use. There is nothing wrong with EQ, compressors or other plugins you find in FL.

I'm a mac + logic guy still, but really it is a preference. 90% of people that run down fruity n go on about cubase and logic actually only use them for the same sh*t u would/could use fruity for so are jus jumping on bandwaggon hype cos it makes them feel more "professional" and therefore think they will be more credible or make better beats.

is man havin a laugh, dnt confuse me for a bedroom producer please Please keep in mind that logic is primarily an audio editor while FL is primarily a senquecerLogic, Protools, and Cubase all do essentially do the same things. The "industry standards" are both Protools and Logic (while the NG standard is FL). Protools is used much more in professional studio production and recording while Logic is used more by the professional home musician, which is almost every single electronica producer you can think of. Of course, this isn't black and white there is some cross over in everything. (most professional sound engineers run both Logic and Protools so they can work with everyone)If you are new to computer music production and are leaning more towards electronica or hiphop, go with FL. It is cheaper and it will be easier to grasp the fundamentals of computer based composition than the higher end programs. If you are leaning more towards home recording, rather than computer composition, then the better choice would be Logic. The Logic vs Protools vs Cubase debate is old and stupid, but all three offer much more flexible than FL, but you pay for it and the learning curve is steep. (you get two 5 lbs manuals with Logic Pro! one for Logic itself and one for all the plugins)Logic has much much more in box than FL as well. I just pulled Logic up and counted 67 effects/mastering/metering tools and 13 instruments (and the sampler comes with literally hundreds of different sound sets) and 22 garage band instruments, and they all have hundreds of presets. Logic also comes packed with three different jam packs (remix, rhythm section, and symphony orchestra) which vastly expand your sound sets. Then there are the thousands of apples loops which are already time and pitch flexible. All of that sounds great, but let me tell you from experience, it can feel very overwhelming at first.

is man havin a laugh, dnt confuse me for a bedroom producer please Please keep in mind that logic is primarily an audio editor while FL is primarily a senquecerLogic, Protools, and Cubase all do essentially do the same things. The "industry standards" are both Protools and Logic (while the NG standard is FL). Protools is used much more in professional studio production and recording while Logic is used more by the professional home musician, which is almost every single electronica producer you can think of. Of course, this isn't black and white there is some cross over in everything. (most professional sound engineers run both Logic and Protools so they can work with everyone)If you are new to computer music production and are leaning more towards electronica or hiphop, go with FL. It is cheaper and it will be easier to grasp the fundamentals of computer based composition than the higher end programs. If you are leaning more towards home recording, rather than computer composition, then the better choice would be Logic. The Logic vs Protools vs Cubase debate is old and stupid, but all three offer much more flexible than FL, but you pay for it and the learning curve is steep. (you get two 5 lbs manuals with Logic Pro! one for Logic itself and one for all the plugins)Logic has much much more in box than FL as well. I just pulled Logic up and counted 67 effects/mastering/metering tools and 13 instruments (and the sampler comes with literally hundreds of different sound sets) and 22 garage band instruments, and they all have hundreds of presets. Logic also comes packed with three different jam packs (remix, rhythm section, and symphony orchestra) which vastly expand your sound sets. Then there are the thousands of apples loops which are already time and pitch flexible. All of that sounds great, but let me tell you from experience, it can feel very overwhelming at first.
Ok but you're not necessarily going to use all of them are you? If you listen to Rnb and hip hop today the production is simple and low quality. It can all be done in FL. It may take longer to do on FL but as FLEX said it just makes logic users feel proud, big and professional. Its an ego thing.Like if man is driving around in a BMW it makes him feel big but the truth of the matter is no matter what car you drive it gets you from A to B.

lol is that your reply?tbh im not even guna say no more... but wait did u really say that production in genral is simple and low quality?lolof corse you will use all of them, at sum point in time and its actully NOT a ego thing at all thats a stupid thing to say.
Production in general yes is simple and low quality. Its getting worse now though.Didnt Timbaland use FL studio back in the day? If a major artist starts using FL everyone will be hyping it it's a bandwagon thing

nah dnt get me mistaken. like i said 90% of people that use logic are bandwagoners. but the rnb n hip hop people u hear on mainstream are not this 90%. the beats may sound simple but this doesnt men the production is as they are totally different things.