I dunno wether to put this in the Hip Hop room but it's regarding Eminem

Gang Green

A lotta Hip Hop fans i know majority who are blk said Eminem was the greatest ever, always bumped his music, respected his struggle and just liked the fact he was so talented but real like he wasn't fake he Rapped about his actual life etcThen i think in 2004 or whatever year there was rumors of Eminem dissing blk's on an old Tape he made wen he was 15 years old cos he broke up with a girl he was young, immature blah blah he apologized for it But now i see a lotta people who have heard this are holding it against him even though a lotta people aren't even aware of this old Freestyle he made cos it's only on the internetthe exact quote was'Don't date blk girls cos they only date you for your money, white girls are good'To me Eminem is a cultural icon to both blk people and whites who love Hip Hop he just was angry his girl cheated on him and young when he said what he did in that Freestyle tapeCommon sense tells you he said that cos a blk girl he was dateing cheated on him for a guy who had more money and he found out his pride was hurt so to vent his anger he recorded that

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know black people that think he's a good rapper, but I dont know any black person that rated Eminem "because of his struggle and his realness".Where you from? it can't be an inner city area.ps - good topic, at least you tried.
Willesden NWMaybe people in Brixton don't think thiis about Eminem or whatever but i know a lotta blk people who actually believe Eminem is the best or atleast 1 of the best everLike some people say if Em was actually blk imagine how much more highly he would be rated

Let me actually clarify what i meant by people respecting Eminem for his struggle Basically he is from the same kinda poverty that a lotta blk people in the City are he grew up in the culture in Detroit so of course people can respect he experienced hardships like themAs far as respecting him being real Eminem only Rap's about his life and what he experienced so that's why i'm saying he is not pretending to be someone he isn't e.g. former drug dealer turned RapperHe does him and people loved him for being himself which was a poor white trailor trash drug user from Detroit

Like some people say if Em was actually blk imagine how much more highly he would be rated
Alot of people say this and alot of people regardless of there race to rate Eminem!Im not a huge fan of him but i do like some of his stuff and his play on words.Everybody is just out to make money in reality alot of people in the music industry dont care if they are making music they dont like as long as they making money from it! And thats a prime example of 50 Cent his old Mixtapes were heavy his new sh*t is WACK but hes making millions!

If you want pages & a race war, keep it in this room.If you want less feedback but no chance of it being closed, I'll move it to the hip hop room.
I think it should stay here cos technically it's not about Eminem's MusicIt's more about what people think of that controversial Freestyle If it does turn into bullshit just close it

Like some people say if Em was actually blk imagine how much more highly he would be rated
Alot of people say this and alot of people regardless of there race to rate Eminem!Im not a huge fan of him but i do like some of his stuff and his play on words.Everybody is just out to make money in reality alot of people in the music industry dont care if they are making music they dont like as long as they making money from it! And thats a prime example of 50 Cent his old Mixtapes were heavy his new sh*t is WACK but hes making millions!
1zxmyqw.gif50 >>>>>>>> ________________.DON'T MAKE ME GET IRATE. :angry:

never liked him from my name is thought man was air.

Oh and isnt Brittany Murphy in 8 Mile, basically the black girl that Em raped about?
Nah cos 8 Mile was set around 1995 when he was coming up in the scene with Proof (portrayed by Mekhi Phifer)The blk girl he talked about on Yellow Brik Road was from his high skool daysIf anything Britney Murphy was suppose to be Kim

Couldnt care less for EM nowi did like him but was neva THE BEST in my eyes, lyrically was sound in his older stuff, but some of his parady type tunes got me vex.He should leave like he said, instead of coming back every year or so to release a freestyle/track to make some extra P.Bring out a clothing line or invest his money

Couldnt care less for EM nowi did like him but was neva THE BEST in my eyes, lyrically was sound in his older stuff, but some of his parady type tunes got me vex.He should leave like he said, instead of coming back every year or so to release a freestyle/track to make some extra P.Bring out a clothing line or invest his money
He's 1 of the richest Musicians you seriously think he still is in the bizness for money? he has da clothing line and other thingsHe is doing it for the passion and cos the fans wanna hear him he isn't the highest selling Rap Artist ever for no reasonHe never even oficially retired he focused on promoting the people on his record label

never rated him highly, dont like his voice and the immature sound of is songs, only white people rate him, if he was black no white people would rate him
You obviously have never heard an Eminem album His albums sound nothing like his comedy Singles Infact you obviously have never even heard more then 1 Song from him i bet cos he has even dropped some classic hard Hip Hop Singles like 'Lose Yourself' It's a fact that majority of his Music is hard, Lyrical personal material with a few comedy Singles to sell more recordsIf you listened you would know his content is quite dark