Premier League Week 34 (Merged with CL Thread)

Guest Medic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah seriiously disciplinAll teams have 'flat' gamesBut your defense is and has been for some time, terribleAnd its not, getting nutmegged or getting roasted by wingers, that happens you cant really stop itIts simple, basic, positioning & commandStuff that you do as a first step, your team just doesnt do it, and obvously wenger doesnt have a problem with itAnd its not just Gibbs its all along the back line (tbh they were better than your game against pool)Its as if Wenger abandons all hope of discipline by saying 'just go out and play, have fun'But that aint how sh*t works
TBH, what bothered so much more, was the overall lack of drive to unsettle United's defence.For example, we're on a counter attack, Adebayor's on the left doing his On'ree impression, and Song, Diaby etc are jogging to the box.Whilst, same thing happens with 'Pool, United & Chelsea, you'll see players busting their lungs to meet the impending cross.You're in dire need of a goal, and I see so many man sitting deep. Tactically, Wenger is SO weak in big matches, it's unreal.

Thank god its only one. Could have been a lot worse but Manures finishing/ final ball wsnt on point todayAlmunia made a few good saves, nothing spectacular. Every keeper should save thoseFabregas and Ade were very poorWalcott was anonymous, but not surprising really

>>>>>>>>>>>ArsenalOnce again Fletcher proved why he deserved to startlol @ people thinking Hargreaves will walk back into the team next yearlol @ carrick not showing up in big gamesALSO WHERES THE ARSENAL FANS WHO SAID RONALDO GOES MISSING IN BIG GAMESEITHER YOUR CLUESSOR YOUR A SMALL TEAMWHICH ONE IS IT?Ole needs to give Anderson some shooting practiceFergie got it right today.Hes not doing bad for a crazy old man who will lose it without Querirez, 5 players nomintated for PFA award, carling cup winners, 1st in the prem with a few games to go, likely to get into the CL final again, and reaching the semis of the FA CUPDisappointed with the result should have been 3-4. However confident we will score at the Library. O'Shea proved why it is important to have squad players todaylol @ our 5th choice right back scoring against youFerdinand when he found out hed been subbed >>>>Berbatov getting outpaced by a Malaria Infected Aff

Guest Wu-Tang
Will Fabregas be back for the 2nd leg?Was a big miss today.
Not sureHeard it was a bad injuryI wonder if Nasri will be fit, you could tell they missed him aswell.

Thank god its only one. Could have been a lot worse but Manures finishing/ final ball wsnt on point todayAlmunia made a few good saves, nothing spectacular. Every keeper should save thoseFabregas and Ade were very poorWalcott was anonymous, but not surprising really
LOL @ these gormless twats who believe Walcott is this amazing superstar, get real4-5-1 cost us in the FA Cup & cost us 2niteIt clearly doesnt work, and nullifies are best attacking threats4-5-1 Only works/worked when Hleb, Rosicky, Rvp playUtd have 2 be utter dross 4 them not to score at our ground, coz as well as we play we always look like conceding

I want a gif of that little tart ronaldo having a fit . f*ck*ng bambinowe were v poor today. didnt look like a proper team just a collection of solo players thrown together. shudda subbed adebayor much much earlier guy shows no effort to get into the boxwe basically had 2 dm's and fabregas off adebayor was never gonna wprk vs unitedi hope eduardo plays in the 2nd leg.well done gibbs did alright today

LOL @ these gormless twats who believe Walcott is this amazing superstar, get real4-5-1 cost us in the FA Cup & cost us 2niteIt clearly doesnt work, and nullifies are best attacking threats4-5-1 Only works/worked when Hleb, Rosicky, Rvp playUtd have 2 be utter dross 4 them not to score at our ground, coz as well as we play we always look like conceding
Smh, Walcott is the only hope of making the 4-5-1 work with the personnel we currently have, cos Fabregas clearly isn't.Cup final yes, but remember this is a 2 legged game. The alternative was 4-4-2 which with no van Persie, and wingers who Wenger doesnt trust to stay switch on to do their defensive side the whole game which is a risk in big games Wenger wont take, or a 4-5-1 with Nasri further forward but who on the left? Eboue? Cos thats who it would have been...

'You will see a different Arsenal next week'On the overall performance…“It was a difficult game played at a high pace. Manchester United started stronger than us and if you look at the clear cut chances they were on top, of course, tonight. The positive is that we are only 1-0 down and we are still to play at home. I am convinced you will see a different Arsenal at The Emirates."I believe we still have a chance to reverse the result. Football can be like this. We could play tomorrow and you would see a different game. That is why I still believe at home we can do it. The tie is still very open. United could have regrets because they could have scored a second goal, and it is up to us to make them regret that."On upping the ante in big games…“If you are in a Semi-Final of the Champions League it means that we have played well in big games before.”On Manuel Almunia…“A player who had a big game in a big game! He was excellent, top class in every sense. The reading of the game, his decision making, his sharpness. He was really top class tonight.”On failing to test Edwin van der Sar…“I believe that we were not dangerous enough offensively. After the first 20 minutes we thought we could do something but we were not sharp enough in the final third. Defensively we had a positive game, but we were in a position where we had to come out and score. Then United played the game they love which is counter-attack.”On rotating for the weekend fixture at Fratton Park…“We want to catch Chelsea, and beat Portsmouth. But we will certainly have to rest one or two players. I can't think about that yet, though.”On keeping Ronaldo relatively quiet…“I think Gibbs had a very good game again today. He is a very promising full-back."On staying confident…“It will be a good opportunity to show our character and our mental strength. I am confident you will see it so I invite you to a press conference next Tuesday after the game, and then you would have seen it.”"There is a Final at stake. Don't worry, when you play at home knowing you could reach a Final, we will be up for it. I am confident because I believe we will be on top next Tuesday and you will see a different Arsenal team."