Fao ppl who don't live at home

Aquaman

What a coincidence this thread came up:Im currently looking at the First Time Buyers shared ownership scheme- cos i really dont want to rent somewhere.Has anyone done this? Its a government scheme so it is legitimate. It looks fairly cheap compared to renting or buying outrighthere's a link http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommuni...emes/DG_4001347

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my problem is i don't know london that wellfound a 2 bedroom house in n17 for £75 per person per weeknot really familiar with that area though
Yeah, it's decent. I mean it's London and all. And considering it's 2 people it's good. Some people pay more than that and are sharing with more people.As for the area. It's Tottenham. Sorry boss, but the area is grime. You cna get used to it though, but yeah Tottenham isn't really the nicest place. It's nicer if you are living towards the Wood Green side like near Great Cambridge Road or The Roundway by Wood Green.

• 4 weeks later...
bumpwhats the process of getting a council flat or hostel or w/e u wanna call it
poking a single mother is you.
c/s!Its the same over here (NY) rents f*ckin nuts. Im going to move to NJ as its much cheaper & the cummute isn't too bad. SO u might hv to move further out than u'd like to make ends meet. Either that or like someone else said share.

council flat is long. if u havent got extenuating circumstances then be prepared to stay in a hostel for 2 years ish.do u know how grimey some hostels argh *shudders*
hostels ain for skinny jeans wearin vans wearin playas like jubez

thanks for the advicei think it is towards wood green
Yeah, them sides are much nicer than main Tottenham like the High road and just off it. Got yourself a decent deal. But just be prepared to catch a bus or walk for a little while to get to train stations, especially underground stations.

council flat is long. if u havent got extenuating circumstances then be prepared to stay in a hostel for 2 years ish.do u know how grimey some hostels argh *shudders*
hostels ain for skinny jeans wearin vans wearin playas like jubez
tbh
lol u dont know me so lets leave it at thatgonna pop down to the centre this week

I pay £250 a month in rent and about £800 altogether in expenses. I live in a 5 bedroom house in a pretty posh area with 4 friends, we used to rotate who has the master bedroom which is hugh and has an en suite but now my boy just pays extra.Why more people don't do this I don't know! It's constantly like big brother, some of the sh*t that happens is too funny to go into and if you get sick of the other people in the house you can just lock your door and chill. Not trying to sound like a nob but I feel like I'm living the dream, we're thinking about buying this or something else when the lease is up the beginning of next year.OMG the parties we have as well! Because it's detached it's just up to the people paying rent to keep it slightly in check and your good to go. The women love the fact there staying in some sick house and are constantly around. The house looks sick as well, great walks in the summer and the garden is small but paved over so no gardening needs to be done. Only problem is there's a phantom shitter and someone has been dipping into my protein shakes.37556_A547_IMG_00_0002.jpgIf you can get 4 - 6 mates together who are dead trust worthy, just give it a go. It'll be a year you'll never forget.