Make-up.

KayGee

Have you seen MAC - Ruby Woo or Russian Red?Im gonna try and up some pictures soon of lipsticks so people can see the true colours. Most of the girls at MAC counters nowadays are either useless, arrogant or both. Its just become a cool place to work instead of how it use to be with real makeup artists helping people out. Sigh.

Have you seen MAC - Ruby Woo or Russian Red?Im gonna try and up some pictures soon of lipsticks so people can see the true colours. Most of the girls at MAC counters nowadays are either useless, arrogant or both. Its just become a cool place to work instead of how it use to be with real makeup artists helping people out. Sigh.
yeh i agree, i was gonna say they just stand around looking pretty and dont wanna help too tough when u ask a question. I should really just go to the covent garden store or something but I'm lazy./KayGee when you gonna update your blog? lol I like it :D

Can anyone recommend a good foundation? I was using the Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour one, but none of the shades really matched my skin perfectly. Plus, it sits on the skin, I want something that doesn't look foundationy, just gives me a light, clear complexion. Before that I was using one Max Factor one, but that seemed a bit heavy too.If it helps, I have quite pale, olive-y coloured skin.

Ella, MAC Prep + Prime Skin controls oil and gives a good base. Laura Mercier do a good one too called Oil-Free Foundation Primer (specifically for oily skins)./Giles - I dont at the moment. If u wanna up a few pics or send them to me i will help all i can. What type of skin do you have (e.g. oily/sensitive/dry etc) and are you looking at skin care, makeup or both. /Project - Chanel Vitalumiere is a great foundation for light coverage, its quite dewy so make sure you dont mind the 'glowy' look. It really does make skin look healthy without the cakeyness of fuller coverage foundations. If you are comfortable with your skin and would just like to give yourself some colour and even out skin tone then Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer is the best stuff you'll find and also comes in an oil free version if you have oily skin, pretty expensive tho. MAC also do a nice tinted moisturizer - Studio Moisture Tint./Charlie ive never come across a discontinued Clinique website, let me know if you find it again. What was the product they discontinued, i might be able to find a dupe.I will be updating my blog soon, it seems to take hours to upload pictures and put them in place so i slack (big time). Ive got a few posts going up this week.

Charlie ive never come across a discontinued Clinique website, let me know if you find it again. What was the product they discontinued, i might be able to find a dupe.
It's the anti blemish spray that you can I assume use everywhere on your body but I just used on my back I've used it for years and it's the only bloody thing that works!!!Update on the Glamour front:I went to town, every news agents in Nottingham sold out so it seems. Except one back street one which had two left (yes I got both) with Eye Bright in. Boo because I wanted an It Stick too, mine just ran out.Also the funniest response I received was an old Asian man who replied to "Have you got any Glamour magazines?""Oh no no no because of the lady bits everyone has taken them sold out no more lady bits"LMAO lady bits

Have you tried the Clinique anti blemish soap, ive heard good things about it even though it would be awkward to use on the back. Also exfoliating and then using a slightly drying product (african black soap) should keep any flare ups minimal. /New blog post up.

Charlie ive never come across a discontinued Clinique website, let me know if you find it again. What was the product they discontinued, i might be able to find a dupe.
It's the anti blemish spray that you can I assume use everywhere on your body but I just used on my back I've used it for years and it's the only bloody thing that works!!!Update on the Glamour front:I went to town, every news agents in Nottingham sold out so it seems. Except one back street one which had two left (yes I got both) with Eye Bright in. Boo because I wanted an It Stick too, mine just ran out.Also the funniest response I received was an old Asian man who replied to "Have you got any Glamour magazines?""Oh no no no because of the lady bits everyone has taken them sold out no more lady bits"LMAO lady bits
You should try W H Smith's, they had shed loads in my local.Thanks kaygee, I think I'm going to try the MAC one.

Yep theres two ways, if your in a rush and your brush just needs a quick clean then you can do what is called 'spot cleaning'. MAC sell a brush cleanser, boots and superdrug have their own brush cleansers too. Just take a small amount of the liquid and pour it onto an old towel and rub the brush gently onto the liquid, repeat in different places on the towel until the brush is fairly clean and not leaving any foundation behind.About twice a week i give my brushes a good deep clean, pop some baby shampoo onto the brush and rub it in, rinse off and repeat until all the old foundation has been removed and the brush should look brand new. With this method you will need to leave your brushes out to try over night or for at least 3-4 hours. Lay them flat not upright because water will run into the handle and ruin it.

14 pages of Makeup related conversation im afraid. /QB - Coral looks amazing on blue eyes, if its too light for a night time look you could smoke it out with some warm browns or gold.If you like the smokey look then go for it with some colour, smoked eyes dont always have to be black/grey. Try with some lighter purples and smoke it out with a deeper shade on the crease for a nice bright eye thats not as intense as the pigments. Gold also looks great on everyone, draw over your lid with a black liner and smudge it with your finger then place a gold shadow over the top and blend with a black eyeshadow in the crease. Blue eyes are good with beige, cover the lid with a beige a few shades darker than your skin tone and then pop some dark brown into the crease blending it out. If thats too plain you can always get a gold glitter and tap a tiny bit on the front of the lid to make your eyes stand out.Also winged eyeliner with or without any shadow makes a dramatic change.If its not too far out of your comfort zone why dont u try a bright lip. Leave the rest of your face fairly subtle (usual face base and just mascara on the eyes) and then do an amazing bright red, pink or coral/orange lipstick.
Thanks so much, i always thought silvers or greys suited me so havent really tried much else recently, but i will be putting the gold look to the test this weekend, ill see if i can up a pic aswell once ive done it.I am a fan of bright lips, i had an amazing lipstick from GOSH, it was bright shimmery pink (cant remember the name of it though) but i accidently left it on the radiator after getting ready one night :D so i have to wait until i can afford to replace it to use it again!Thanks again for the advice :D

Have you tried the Clinique anti blemish soap, ive heard good things about it even though it would be awkward to use on the back. Also exfoliating and then using a slightly drying product (african black soap) should keep any flare ups minimal.
That's what the woman said but I'm not convinced the soap will do anything. I always exfoliate though but not to excess. Where do I get that african soap, a black hair shop?

Yep theres two ways, if your in a rush and your brush just needs a quick clean then you can do what is called 'spot cleaning'. MAC sell a brush cleanser, boots and superdrug have their own brush cleansers too. Just take a small amount of the liquid and pour it onto an old towel and rub the brush gently onto the liquid, repeat in different places on the towel until the brush is fairly clean and not leaving any foundation behind.About twice a week i give my brushes a good deep clean, pop some baby shampoo onto the brush and rub it in, rinse off and repeat until all the old foundation has been removed and the brush should look brand new. With this method you will need to leave your brushes out to try over night or for at least 3-4 hours. Lay them flat not upright because water will run into the handle and ruin it.
You're like the fountain of all beauty knowledge!

@ Charlie - I get my black soap from the hair shops, there are cheaper ones for like 99p and then you can get more expensive ones, i get one thats somewhere in the middle, but i'm sure the quality is nowhere near what you can get from coastal scents, if you have the money i would recommend getting it from there, like Kaygee said the purer the better really i would imagine