A Thespian's Dilemma...

Michel Kane

Soldier it.You can drop out, but then you left the other girl hanging and that's not cool.True though, you should have constructively told the director the script is swagadelic.

Guest Cipher

Can't even remember if I pm'd my address O_OI swear if the lead has dropped out, it basically takes the weight off of yourself?Although you will alll look foolish when it comes time to show your sh*t and you have zilch.@ Lemon, there is no try, DO OR DO NOT SAN

Can't even remember if I pm'd my address O_OI swear if the lead has dropped out, it basically takes the weight off of yourself?Although you will alll look foolish when it comes time to show your sh*t and you have zilch.@ Lemon, there is no try, DO OR DO NOT SAN
I emailed it to you about 45 mins ago.Nah, it doesn't because I'm the male lead, and now, I have no opposite. The other girl COULD replace her I guess, but then who will take her role, considering we have no other actors/actresses left...TBH, I'd be up for doing a whole new play, but now that's she dropped out, we'll have to see what the course leaders/the director says.

Guest Cipher

BoyNot only is it corny, but it flows horribly, the dialogue is long-winded without any real direction, also feels like its copied wholesale from one of those womens romance novels that refer to Vaginas as 'love nests'Having said that - it is of the calibre that these things usually are (in my experiance) are you certain the others will be so much better?How long've you got till show-date?

BoyNot only is it corny, but it flows horribly, the dialogue is long-winded without any real direction, also feels like its copied wholesale from one of those womens romance novels that refer to Vaginas as 'love nests'Having said that - it is of the calibre that these things usually are (in my experiance) are you certain the others will be so much better?How long've you got till show-date?
THANK YOU.This is the only rom-com being done. Others have better content (but this is from the outside looking in)2 weeks. I was saying to a friend, if they get me & the remaining girl to do a whole another play, I'd be totally fine getting it down pat in 14 days...

You know the entry form for the performing arts at the BRITS school states something about how an actor has to be able to bring their role/character to life if they are exhausted/do not like the script.I kid you not, these are the expectations for some of the best performing arts students in the country. Better pull your act together sir.

Guest Cipher

Yeh I suggest you try to propose to your group to start again, perhaps since you have limited time to go with an already established script, though just try to make it look like its easier on everyone and thats why your changing rather than that one dudes script is just sh*t (which it is)I c/s stevenAlternatively, if you are forced to stick with the original script, I've created a character that you may like, he should spice things up a bitBlack supermanblacksuperman.jpgLet me know your thoughts, cheers

lol i just read your post properly MK.Listen i used to face this all the time. 1. Get your cast to go against him, this will test how strong he is.2. Indirectly place your ideas whilst rehearsing the scenes he wants you to do.3. Talk to him with the group and let him explain why he has decided to implement the salsa dancing into the romantic comedy.4. He may have wrote the story, but he is not telling it. Keep your head down and try and potray the story into how he wants it. This will make the tutor realise that although the peformance was good the script wasn't. And he will get found out for this.

salsa, nearly spat my food outain read the other posts, but i would use my powers of manipulation to subvert himjus drop it on the other people in ur group, an a few others, make him feel like a d*ck, then bring out a decent scriptcos in this instance, its not worth direct confrontation, u dnt wanna hear him tryin to justify why u should use his sh*t scriptedit: see the post above, its a good look