Chelsea v Man utd

Eskay Jones

Ok game, typicial Championship opening game imo, both teams will be up there come the end of the season, if Boro can keep Wheater and Alonso manages to find the back of the net they will storm the league. Mark Yeates quality shrewd singing for 500,000 always a risk bringing in a player from a lower division. Only 24 but looked like a seasoned professional, good with both feet, bit of skill, good crossing, ok with set pieces, decent passing both short and long also has a got shot on him with both wing, doesnt look like the traditional winger (bit bulky) but i can see him becoming a Premiership player if he carries on with the form he showed today maybe for a side like Bolton or Blackburn. Adam Johnson will show this season that he is a much better winger then Downing, looked great when he was running at players and cutting in from both the left and right flank, if he performs this season and Alves scores of Gareth brings in a good strong striker then i can easily see him getting 20+ will take the piss out of most fullbacks. Emnes is another blowing hot and cold looked decent in sparks but lacks that cutting edge and strength which you need to survive in the Championship really. Boro really do have a lot of quality young english players Macmahon can only benefit from a year in the Championship and could become a top 10 player into a few season. Its a shame that Matthew Bates looks likely to have to retire at 22? i think, supposedly had huge potential according to many Boro fans. Then you got people like Porrit who was touted to be better then Downing and Johnson but having them 2 infront of has seemed to halt his progress and that Josh Walker Fm Legend for me could also start to break into the team this season. Also got young Andrew Taylor. Wheater looked solid aswell but did not have much to deal with.That Walker showed a couple times why he was purchased for 5million but looked like his head was somwhere else (WHL maybe?). Also JJ pundits were saying that O'Niel might be watching Kilgallon aswell not much difference between them today but at 25 maybe he is a it to old to develop although he would cost less then Wheater but he is 3 years youngerWho would you rather go with out of the two?/If A.Johnson can perform throughout this form and reach his potential wouldnt mind us putting in a bid. Better then Tosic imo also seems abit Giggesque.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distin>Turner>Hangeland>Upson>Wheater is my preferance.Unless something has changed drastically then Kilagallon isn't a target. MON keeps talking about proven defenders.One of the above and f*ck*ng Sol Campbell will be signed I reckon.
Dont think Campbells experience would be good for DaviesHelp him iron out the flaws in his game?Upson would cost to much imoHangeland will end up at Arsenal if a bidding war commences Turner i would till next season to see if he was a one season wonder or not

Campbell can't run and our midfield is too open, leaves our defence exposed. Unless we're gonna change how we play it just wouldn't work.Cuellar and Davies are no.1 and 2 though, no doubt. So whoever comes in won't be seeing that much football immediatly. Kilgallon for £5million or so and Turner for £5+Harewood would do me (as Pompey aren't selling Distin).

Etoo making his competetive debut for inter right now on ESPNitalian super cup for anyone interestedthey playing it in asia

pmsl @ being a so called arsenal fan and not knowing who that pundit is>>>>>>arsenal fans football knowledge :mj:

ESPN

FosterO'SheaFerdinandEvansEvraNaniCarrickFletcherParkRooneyBerbatov

nah valencia should start next week, maybe anderson too

Big chance for Foster.Good performance today, he plays for England mid week and keeps the United shirt while VDS is out.He'll end up going to the World Cup as England number 1 if he takes this chance. If he f*cks up Fergie is certainly signing a new 'keeper next summer and he's back to square one.

Ahh i hate these minute applauses.Should be a min of silence.Legend