David Guetta

Guest Tulse Hill

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol its deep, a group of my friends were there in reading aswell, i was in the middle for DM and they were like yeh man we are going to rave to DM with you man, and then after not seeing anyone i leave when DM has left and go to find my friends, and they were like yeh we stood at the edge of the tent ''he kept teasing me with the daft punk tune'' ''he didn't drop it so we just walked away''i wanted to headbutt him, but instead i just spat in his face and walked away

TBH i rate a couple of his old tracks (David Guetta)how dare any of you cuss deadmau5you don't f*ck*ng knowreally really don'tyou all sitting here hater-rating their mersh tracks like its meant to appeal to you
You cant be seriousThe guys got f*ckin lazy now, same formulized sh*t, like he knows he can just drop a pile of sh*t and everyone will still love it

To be honest, i cant stand the akon n kelly rowland tracks
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEERwat the f*ck is this sh*t.
lol i dont like the kelly rowland the track, the akon track is catchy but slightly annoyingi prefer guetta's older stuff

TBH i rate a couple of his old tracks (David Guetta)how dare any of you cuss deadmau5you don't f*ck*ng knowreally really don'tyou all sitting here hater-rating their mersh tracks like its meant to appeal to you
You cant be seriousThe guys got f*ckin lazy now, same formulized sh*t, like he knows he can just drop a pile of sh*t and everyone will still love it
Ive got to agree with this tbf.But he played in Leeds not that long ago and it was f*ck*ng LIVE. As soon as he started his set, just dropped some bangers the whole place was nuts.

how can you say he being lazy? do you know what he is doing?how can you say its ''formulized'', he's making dance music it has a certain formula he's not releasing experimental sh*thow can you say he is dropping a pile of sh*t when his whole set is a f*ck*ng bangers which includes most of his new tunes

lol i now see you are one of them on the bandwagon
c/sthis is exactly why I didnt bother responding after I realised that this was in the whatever room and not in one of the music rooms <_< The Guetta bandwagon is bait, especially after Creamfields this year.
...lol @ using ''bandwagon'' and ''posted in whatever room and not in the music room where the real musicians lie'' as your get out clauseyou make a statement, both of you, from where and how i don't knowand then you say the above when I point out that you can't just make statements like that so what people hear about artists through the radio and love off their new sh*t, and then listen to their old sh*t and love that off, isn't that how music is meant to work? you saying bandwagon out of place here...it's not the same as alot of people suddenly rating someone because they didn't know about them beforeyou the type of narcissistic people who find bare things annoying

Okay, when Deadmau5 came out he was big, why? because it was something different but still heavy, since then think of how many tunes hes released and are nocking about now tell me how many of them tracks are actually sick? Theres not that many to warrant this bandwagon, he hasnt even progressed to a next level for him to even come with something new. Each track he releases its like he just keeps the same sequence and tweeks a few nobs then bangs it out as somethin fresh. This is true with even his remixes, just change a synth and chords to go with the tune and thatll be it. Hes got boring now and just knows he can bang anything out and his fanboys will rave about it.

I used the term bandwagon because Guetta has been around for ages and its only in the last few months that hes given this god like status by people who know f*ck all about him or his music other than what is currently on the radio.As a dj myself I see it all the time....someone will come over and say "play some Guetta" because they think its the cool thing to say. :confused: So I in return I'll say "what song?" and they'll usually say one of 3 things....1) I dunno, any2) Erm the one on the radio with Kelly Rowland.3) the latest oneBut ask them who their fave DJ is and they'll say Guetta with no hesitation :lol: And its gotten worse since creamfileds this wkend. The amount of facebook status's and what not hypin over Guetta is sickening, lol. I dunno, maybe the hype is a Liverpool thing :unsure: IMO Guetta and Deamau5 are to house music what the Crazy Cousinz are to UK Funky.....sick when they 1st dropped, was fresh and exciting, but now the sound is repetitive, played out and boring. They all got lazy, but yet to the industry they are the sound and trendsetters of their genre. <_<

Okay, when Deadmau5 came out he was big, why? because it was something different but still heavy, since then think of how many tunes hes released and are nocking about now tell me how many of them tracks are actually sick? Theres not that many to warrant this bandwagon, he hasnt even progressed to a next level for him to even come with something new. Each track he releases its like he just keeps the same sequence and tweeks a few nobs then bangs it out as somethin fresh. This is true with even his remixes, just change a synth and chords to go with the tune and thatll be it. Hes got boring now and just knows he can bang anything out and his fanboys will rave about it.
i couldn't disagree with anything more.A) I don't see the bandwagon (because im part of it right?)B ) He Has progressed, although not as much as you seem to have hoped.C) His tracks are similar in terms of structure, but every house track shares the same structure. in terms of sound, there are different concepts to almost each track.D) ''All he does it change a synth and chords and tweak knobs'' - how? He's got the Mau5 sound, he has amazing live sets, and he is working on them. Each Set is different and he tries new things. I have been to many over the past few years. You talking about his Fanboys aswell you calling me a fanboy, yes i am a deadmau5 fan but if he releases sh*t stuff i would be the first to say it. But all i have for this guy right now is love and respect because his music is crack music and no1 is on his level.

I used the term bandwagon because Guetta has been around for ages and its only in the last few months that hes given this god like status by people who know f*ck all about him or his music other than what is currently on the radio.As a dj myself I see it all the time....someone will come over and say "play some Guetta" because they think its the cool thing to say. :confused: So I in return I'll say "what song?" and they'll usually say one of 3 things....1) I dunno, any2) Erm the one on the radio with Kelly Rowland.3) the latest oneBut ask them who their fave DJ is and they'll say Guetta with no hesitation :lol: And its gotten worse since creamfileds this wkend. The amount of facebook status's and what not hypin over Guetta is sickening, lol. I dunno, maybe the hype is a Liverpool thing :unsure: IMO Guetta and Deamau5 are to house music what the Crazy Cousinz are to UK Funky.....sick when they 1st dropped, was fresh and exciting, but now the sound is repetitive, played out and boring. They all got lazy, but yet to the industry they are the sound and trendsetters of their genre. <_<
You're laughing at people when you know yourself they do not have the knowledge you have, its like laughing at children. You didn't gain all this background knowledge automatically you became seasoned to it. Other people don't have the same knowledge or ears, but they hear something in the genre they like and ask you to play it. Is that such a bad thing? They change their facebook status, their msn name, they get tattoos. Thats people.Got nothing to do with the music. Bandwagoning = People tending to follow the crowd without examining the merits of a particular thing. I don't see how this applies to music unless the Bandwagoning people in question are so shallow even their taste in music is defined by the crowd. I think people in general if they like music, there truly is a part of them that enjoys this music. More power to them. And if there is a big crowd of them at the same time, still does not make it a bandwagon.Guetta and Deadmau5 are not in the same league, Deadmau5 is in a league of his own very far ahead. Dunno about Guetta but DM is still very fresh and exciting, all words of opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

THERE IS SO MUCH FRAFF IN THIS TOPICzeke why are you bringing up the guetta bandwagon. noone on here who likes deadmau5 likes guettas new music i can almost guarantee. its fair enough to say youre not a fan but dont start labelling it as repetitive, lazy etc if you dont know what youre talking bouthis new tunes ghosts n stuff, you need a ladder, hi friend are quality so that argument is deadout as well

Guest Tulse Hill

Zeke ur music isn't on Guetta's levels, in 10 years time he'll be baiding in Monaco with 10 chicks on a boat when u'll still be trying to get people to listen to ur multicoloured linked mixtaped on a forum

You're laughing at people when you know yourself they do not have the knowledge you have, its like laughing at children. You didn't gain all this background knowledge automatically you became seasoned to it. Other people don't have the same knowledge or ears, but they hear something in the genre they like and ask you to play it. Is that such a bad thing? They change their facebook status, their msn name, they get tattoos. Thats people.Got nothing to do with the music. Bandwagoning = People tending to follow the crowd without examining the merits of a particular thing. I don't see how this applies to music unless the Bandwagoning people in question are so shallow even their taste in music is defined by the crowd. I think people in general if they like music, there truly is a part of them that enjoys this music. More power to them. And if there is a big crowd of them at the same time, still does not make it a bandwagon.Guetta and Deadmau5 are not in the same league, Deadmau5 is in a league of his own very far ahead. Dunno about Guetta but DM is still very fresh and exciting, all words of opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
THIS WAS MY ORIGINAL POINT....Ive found lately a lot of people who rave on about Guetta bein this and bein that, dont know nothin about him.I brought up Deadmau5 because this was the case with him a couple of years ago.As for me hating on the general public & using emoticons :lol: