Restaurant Etiquette: How many of you follow it to a tee?

General Mac

just got back from a good italian restaurantfriends used vouchers still. thats not a bad thing in itselfbut why be so f*ck*ng tight and not even have proper drinks.had to cop 2 bottles of wine, and convince them to have dessertthen they were trying not to leave a tip either and the waiter was very good*no longer goes to good restaurants with predominantly black friends* for them its gonna jus be nandos and the local chinese
TOO TRUE. On my 21st birthday I went to this Lebanese restaurant in Bond street with my buddies, 7 were black, 2 white, 3 orientals......EVERY NIGGA ordered CHICKEN and when offered a drink, niggaz wanted water because the drinks where over a tenner.WTFMy white friends bought me a bottle of wine and they explored the menu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Venom its not an issue of race. Some just haven't been exposed to that side of fine dinning so its kinda unfair to expect them to behave accordingly. /Until recently I'd never stepped foot in a posh restuarant but general manners got me by the first couple dates. The rest you pick up from the people around you, its not too hard imo.

loliv seen a table of 10+ people order bare food then start argueing with each other over who ordered how many cokes and what not afterall wanted to pay serperately afterbare cards came out as welli felt sorry for the waiterthen had the cheek to say its the waiters fault for not keepin track of who ordered what and said next time they will take business eles where :Dthey shoulda jus went mc ds...

Venom its not an issue of race. Some just haven't been exposed to that side of fine dinning so its kinda unfair to expect them to behave accordingly. /Until recently I'd never stepped foot in a posh restuarant but general manners got me by the first couple dates. The rest you pick up from the people around you, its not too hard imo.
I wouldn't go the a posh restuarant with anybody who is stingey, And when you suggest a tip they talk about a couple pound or a fiver, like :blink: Nah 15% of the bill is then left as a tip.

In the uppity spirit of the thread, if anyone wants to try high-end seafood and doesn't mind paying the extra, go to the SheratonAsk for Guillaume, tell him Superstition sent you, and said to give you the special bouillabaiseYou won't get a discount but you won't get the butt vegetables either usually
grilled seafood?

I wouldn't go the a posh restuarant with anybody who is stingey, And when you suggest a tip they talk about a couple pound or a fiver, like :blink: Nah 15% of the bill is then left as a tip.
lol my friends went out to eat at HK diner, anyone whos been there will know service isnt up to par but the food is nice...anyways, their 15% is included in the bill, we put 2 pounds too much when she counted it and the cheeky bitch said "ah £2 for tip"we culdnt help but laugh... and she didnt even serve us lol

The only ones you should really be abiding by are the basics, thank the waiters for waiting on you, it's just polite. NEVER, EVER CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN. THE SOUND OF THIS SQUELCHY MESS WILL SEND ME INTO A RAGE COMA. Know how to use your cutlery, that's a must. I don't really care for the elbows off the table rule, it makes no sense. And if you're in a restaurant with a group, keep it the f*ck down, jesus.
This. And people who eat with their mouths open drive me insane. The amount of times I've had to abandon my table manners and box my sister for that sh*t. Next time she does it I'm gonna fly kick her out of her chair.I just keep it simple when I'm out and I'm always polite. I remember when me and some friends took a friend to have "tea at the ritz". That was some uncomfortable sh*t, I constantly felt like I was doing it wrong. Lol @ my friend not putting her phone on silent and then receiving a phone call with some sh*t grime tune as her ring tone. It was so embarrassing.

Guest Esquilax
The only ones you should really be abiding by are the basics, thank the waiters for waiting on you, it's just polite. NEVER, EVER CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN. THE SOUND OF THIS SQUELCHY MESS WILL SEND ME INTO A RAGE COMA. Know how to use your cutlery, that's a must. I don't really care for the elbows off the table rule, it makes no sense. And if you're in a restaurant with a group, keep it the f*ck down, jesus.
This. And people who eat with their mouths open drive me insane. The amount of times I've had to abandon my table manners and box my sister for that sh*t. Next time she does it I'm gonna fly kick her out of her chair.I just keep it simple when I'm out and I'm always polite. I remember when me and some friends took a friend to have "tea at the ritz". That was some uncomfortable sh*t, I constantly felt like I was doing it wrong. Lol @ my friend not putting her phone on silent and then receiving a phone call with some sh*t grime tune as her ring tone. It was so embarrassing.
lmao my lifecant stand people who are have a bad attitude towards this sort of thing, like it's acceptable to be bussin your d double x-cl00siv ringtone in places of decourum, then being like "im just doin me innit, if people dont like it they can suck out"some breahs just dont get it