Chipmunk vs. Grime - Did someone say RIP Grime?

Numero001

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tosser
Hate topics like these when (insert appropriate adjective-noun combo here) start writing essays on sh*t.
Whole point of discussing nah?
But over analysing the comments of an 18 year old is long.Live life innit.

Hate topics like these when (insert appropriate adjective-noun combo here) start writing essays on sh*t.
Such a redundant comment. If you dont wanna discuss, dont read, comment or enter thread. Live life innit

Guest Tosser
Such a redundant comment. If you dont wanna discuss, dont read, comment or enter thread. Live life innit
i just hate preachy niggas like yourself writing essays trying to come across cleveryou do it in the boxing topics and im just thinking dude dont know sh*tnever stepped in the ring in his life

well imo the addition of vocals to 2-Step was natural-- after all, toasting and big-upping the DJ were already a feature of pirate radio and live garage sets. So when production began to head in a darker direction, it made sense that grittier, hip-hop-like MCing would follow. choppy, wobbly, almost seasick early grime basslines and rhythms created by East London producers such as Wiley and broadcast on pirate stations such as Rinse FM became an almost instant critical and underground sensation. Teenager Dizzee Rascal, grime's first star, won the 2003 Mercury Prize for his Boy in Da Corner album, while compilations like Run the Road quickly gathered many of the genre's early players under one roof. alas, in-fighting among the genre's top names and commercial concessions to traditional R&B on early albums by artists like Ms. Dynamite, Roll Deep Crew, and Kano damaged or diluted the sound. in the end, this music made by and for upstart teenagers never found a route to pure overground success.

i just hate preachy niggas like yourself writing essays trying to come across cleveryou do it in the boxing topics and im just thinking dude dont know sh*tnever stepped in the ring in his life
Havent written any essays in this topic or in a long time on here. AirEven people who argue with me will say they only agree with my boxing posts (even though theyre gassin). Point is air. In fact go in there right now, quote something that made you think "dude dont know sh*t" and get a co-sign from a ViP2 rated boxing fan. Easy to say from, extremely hard to proveMost boxing journalists havent stepped in a ring. AirStop turning this into a me vs you ting. You are embarrassing yourself taking bare L's. Just pretend like you never saw this post and continue posting wherever

Kano now is proof that chasing the pop money could lead to your downfall.A sensible mix of what you're about and what the general public are feelin' is the best route.And I don't co/sign grime being some sort of feeder for other genres. Its a genre in itself and over time it will reach a point where everyone can make Grime and live.But for that to happen someone has to do a Dizzee but not go pop.Obv easier said then doen, but you never know.....

TBH.Kano is just chasing the money as a indie artist."Pop" music didnt make Kano "flop", going from major label artist to your own label distributed by a smaller company did. That said the commercial efforts he has tried have been musically bad and then not got the charting success to at least "justify" doing them.From what I can understand Kano could have stayed on a major but would have had to have a 360 deal, something he wasnt previously on, so he at least stands for something, his p.Tinchy and the rest are all on 360s and from what I've been told, they are long-term pretty bad recording contracts, but hey its a living and what you might be able to flip it into, but right now in the bigger picture of things they are puppets to masta.

TBH.Kano is just chasing the money as a indie artist."Pop" music didnt make Kano "flop", going from major label artist to your own label distributed by a smaller company did. That said the commercial efforts he has tried have been musically bad and then not got the charting success to at least "justify" doing them.From what I can understand Kano could have stayed on a major but would have had to have a 360 deal, something he wasnt previously on, so he at least stands for something, his p.Tinchy and the rest are all on 360s and from what I've been told, they are long-term pretty bad recording contracts, but hey its a living and what you might be able to flip it into, but right now in the bigger picture of things they are puppets to masta.
c/sonly money in music is in the publishinghol tite yung berg and thoose clued up guys. . .

I don't get why anyone would wanna make music purely for the money when you can put as much effort into other ventures and get more gains from them. I also don't get the whole "can't knock him he's gettin money" thing, his music's sh*t and he's an arrogant twat i couldn't care less how much money he's made.
at his age, how else would he or anyone achieve this? if not a road ting or he's got some fat inheritance.fact is that most pple knocking Ndubz, tinchy, and chipmunk are jealous. as jealous of them as they are of say soulja boyi dont like their music, but i rate ndubz above tinchy and the rest cos they didnt need some emo twat to feature b4 making a hiti rate kano above all of them, lyrically better but his music wasnt current enough hence the failures. its really a case of those under the table not wanting anyone else to get to sit AT the table.they see a young person making commercially 'acceptable' music and are vexed that they still need to go uni and wait for student loansUS hip hop is just as sh*t lyrically and commercially but just done with better people involved in the business of making music

he dont seem that arrogantbut allow coming round the ends with a camera like theirs a milli in the banktoo early for that
chick king>>>_ ill say it again no chicken shop in london is coming remotely close to it+chipmunk is safe from what ive heardpeople r jus hatin on him more now obviously hes gonna change abit hes doing big things
lool @ the way bossman parred him off with that empty box of chicken and chips thodummy

TF I was gonna make a topic asking this but how does royalties work for example im phoning virgin media and they got me on hold n there playing someones song how does payment for this workfootball focua are using my song each weekend etc
Publishing company collect the money & hit you off with your percentage. However most serious pubishing companies will project what your gonna make, then advance you the p.With the 360 tho, the game changes a bit, but its all variable.

Chip is actually a really cool guy. Very respectful and polite. Just that he is growing up in public and is dealing with all the issues young men go through about establishing their own self identity and dealing with negativity from outside them. Sometimes he engages his fingers and mouth before his brain.But to be honest he's just a normal guy. Doesn't feel like he gets the respect he should and it bothers him. In time he will realise as long as he is happy with what he does the respect of a few isn't that important.

Chip is actually a really cool guy. Very respectful and polite. Just that he is growing up in public and is dealing with all the issues young men go through about establishing their own self identity and dealing with negativity from outside them. Sometimes he engages his fingers and mouth before his brain.But to be honest he's just a normal guy. Doesn't feel like he gets the respect he should and it bothers him. In time he will realise as long as he is happy with what he does the respect of a few isn't that important.
I'm 22 and I feel like I'm a completely different person to what I was when I was 18 so I can fully understand this. I used to to think I knew alot but in reality I didn't then and I still don't now. The point I'm trying to make is he may feel like he has to be arrogant to try and combat all the unfounded hate he receives but in reality he should just rise above it, look at how far he's come in such a short space of time and laugh at it all while he counts his cheques.