Chipmunk vs. Grime - Did someone say RIP Grime?

Numero001

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WAVESURFER
Rather he is arrogant or not. I think him and the others ( Ndubz. dizee & stryder & co) are opening doors for the scene. UK U*ban music is at its best have seen since so solid days. 1. More niggaz are eating (Less room for envy ) amongst those on the commercial wave. 2. More collabos amongst each other - This was one of the factors holding uk scene back. 3. The music as a positive energy ( Beef free & goon free). Even if beef occurs its very light hearted with banters exchanged here & there4. Improvement in quality of music.5. more youngsters involved in the scene and labels find it easier to tame them.Hopefully, soon we we will be able to have a full uk urban strictly T4 in the park type show.We can say he is cocky and what not. but, am sure if we were in his shoes we will be the same. IMO I think alot of jealousy and envy does come into play when it comes to chipmunk.Alot of these grime heads are pissed to see his success. I personally dont rate the guy, but am glad for him. For his own good, I think its wise he distances himself from grime as much as possible. He is in a blessed situation right about now. Going back to his roots will only be a case of 'crabs in a glass jar'
TBH, I'd rather they just concentrated on making good music, cause that seems to be the last thing on these artist's minds right now.So Solid were popstars, but their music was still sick.Can't say the same for this new breed.

Chick King>>>>>>man will slip for chick king i dont care bout da beef chick king is da peng
yess... i can't bring myself to hate on anyone who appreciates chick king
:lol:
lol @ me walking from my dads in T... to chick king.........home to leyton.. i was f*ck*ng dedicated that day
rartidf*ck that

Chick King>>>>>>man will slip for chick king i dont care bout da beef chick king is da peng
yess... i can't bring myself to hate on anyone who appreciates chick king
:lol:
lol @ me walking from my dads in T... to chick king.........home to leyton.. i was f*ck*ng dedicated that day
lol i forgot ur from leyton aswell... so u like me should not be in tottenham lol then agen ur probably not involved in da beef anyone who dont know about Chick King has never experienced chicken n chips at its finest

Rather he is arrogant or not. I think him and the others ( Ndubz. dizee & stryder & co) are opening doors for the scene. UK U*ban music is at its best have seen since so solid days. 1. More niggaz are eating (Less room for envy ) amongst those on the commercial wave. 2. More collabos amongst each other - This was one of the factors holding uk scene back. 3. The music as a positive energy ( Beef free & goon free). Even if beef occurs its very light hearted with banters exchanged here & there4. Improvement in quality of music.5. more youngsters involved in the scene and labels find it easier to tame them.Hopefully, soon we we will be able to have a full uk urban strictly T4 in the park type show.We can say he is cocky and what not. but, am sure if we were in his shoes we will be the same. IMO I think alot of jealousy and envy does come into play when it comes to chipmunk.Alot of these grime heads are pissed to see his success. I personally dont rate the guy, but am glad for him. For his own good, I think its wise he distances himself from grime as much as possible. He is in a blessed situation right about now. Going back to his roots will only be a case of 'crabs in a glass jar'
Exactly,
Envy might account for some of his hate but the guy was making grime this time last year, now he's too big for it? d*ckhead move, he should've look at Kano to see how quickly you can find yourself back where you started.the success of Tinchy/Ndubz/Chipmunk isn't really comparable to So Solids. So Solid took the music they were originally popular with and polished their image to allow them to succeed in the mainstream. These man are just making pop.To say this music is of a better quality is laughable, it wont stand the test of time and in a year or two's time I'm pretty sure most people will look back and cringe which isn't the case with So Solid's or more recently Kano's (1st album) or Dizzee's.To sum it up I like the fact they're getting paid but I don't listen to music like a marketing exec I so I don't rate it.

Exactly,
Envy might account for some of his hate but the guy was making grime this time last year, now he's too big for it? d*ckhead move, he should've look at Kano to see how quickly you can find yourself back where you started.the success of Tinchy/Ndubz/Chipmunk isn't really comparable to So Solids. So Solid took the music they were originally popular with and polished their image to allow them to succeed in the mainstream. These man are just making pop.To say this music is of a better quality is laughable, it wont stand the test of time and in a year or two's time I'm pretty sure most people will look back and cringe which isn't the case with So Solid's or more recently Kano's (1st album) or Dizzee's.To sum it up I like the fact they're getting paid but I don't listen to music like a marketing exec I so I don't rate it.
C/SC/SC/SC/S

The guy is making music that he know will make him P?Wtf is wrong with that? Lol the same man cricising chippy are probaly the same man who bubble when they hear flo ridas tunes smh
:/Why do people say stuff like this?I know sh*t music when I hear it regardless of the artist.Kano - RocknRolla is sh*t, even if it is K-A

Exactly,
Kano never really had a commercial record TBH.. He is one of the artist that kept it to his SO CALLED roots and didn't really get that far.As for Branding Music POP. Pop = Popular music. Alot of so solids commercial releases didn't have a garage format.. 21 seconds was a totally different format to 'OH NO'..You can put a lot of their records under the so called POP bracket.Sky is the limit for grime. You can only get that far with that music. I laugh when people discredit pop music, If it was soo easy to make. All these grime artist who attempted it will be laughing all the way to the bank right now...All I know is the scene is looking pretty good and the moment it could only get better. Those grime clash days are over. Same with hip-hop battles & what not.. Those who appreciate grime for what it is will always will. 2-3 years ago, we were all arguing on here saying dizee is the only guy that will ever make it through the door. Now, we have 4-5 artitsts going strong on the charts. Its only gonna get better...As for the underground its still going strong. gigz- I know this aint got nothing to do with grime. but, the fan base and the mixtape movement is going pretty strong. He as opened a few doors for others as well.I am just looking at the scene as a whole. Its positive. Allow us moving back to those dark ages again where uk artist where gettin' shot down form every angle.

Exactly,
Kano never really had a commercial record TBH.. He is one of the artist that kept it to his SO CALLED roots and didn't really get that far.As for Branding Music POP. Pop = Popular music. Alot of so solids commercial releases didn't have a garage format.. 21 seconds was a totally different format to 'OH NO'..You can put a lot of their records under the so called POP bracket.Sky is the limit for grime. You can only get that far with that music. I laugh when people discredit pop music, If it was soo easy to make. All these grime artist who attempted it will be laughing all the way to the bank right now...All I know is the scene is looking pretty good and the moment it could only get better. Those grime clash days are over. Same with hip-hop battles & what not.. Those who appreciate grime for what it is will always will. 2-3 years ago, we were all arguing on here saying dizee is the only guy that will ever make it through the door. Now, we have 4-5 artitsts going strong on the charts. Its only gonna get better...As for the underground its still going strong. gigz- I know this aint got nothing to do with grime. but, the fan base and the mixtape movement is going pretty strong. He as opened a few doors for others as well.I am just looking at the scene as a whole. Its positive. Allow us moving back to those dark ages again where uk artist where gettin' shot down form every angle.
Eh?Brown EyesRemember MeNite NiteAll tunes that were geared towards being commercially successful while still being good musicSo Solid didn't change the format or style of their tunes. 21 seconds was just a riddim to showcase the crew members which was nothing new to underground music. It was underground music that succeeded commercially, not music made to succeed commercially. They stayed true to their musical roots and as a result you can still bump their music now without feeling embarrassed.I'm pretty sure it wont be the same in 4 years time with Chipmunks tunes, he'll probably be featured on one of those programs on BBC3 'The worst pop number ones' with some sarcastic guy like Simon Amstell making jokes based around oopsy daisy.As for making it out as if grime is limited to clashing, spitting about shanks and radio sets, you aren't paying attention because if anything those parts of the scene have taken a back seat to people making albums/mixtapes. Their have been grime tunes in the past few years that I think could have succeeded commercially had they received backing.Dizzee gets ratings cos he did him on BIDC and even though I don't feel his new stuff he's put himself in a position of power where he can pretty much make anything he wants and I have faint hopes that he's gonna use this to make Dirtee Stank the label where 'urban' artists can make real 'urban' music.I dont get how sacrificing your whole musical upbringing and background is seen as progress in any way other than financially.Yes essay.

Rather he is arrogant or not. I think him and the others ( Ndubz. dizee & stryder & co) are opening doors for the scene. UK street music is at its best have seen since so solid days. Hopefully, soon we we will be able to have a full uk urban strictly T4 in the park type show.We can say he is cocky and what not. but, am sure if we were in his shoes we will be the same. IMO I think alot of jealousy and envy does come into play when it comes to chipmunk.Alot of these grime heads are pissed to see his success. For his own good, I think its wise he distances himself from grime as much as possible. He is in a blessed situation right about now. Going back to his roots will only be a case of 'crabs in a glass jar'
Agree with above. Saw this guy in concert last night. 2,000 screaming teenagers all with disposable income willing to spend their cash on him. Do you think any of them give a f*ck that he's not clashing MC Plum Sauce on Plainface FM?Like I said in a previous topic, grime is a small and vibrant scene - it produces quality talent that crosses over into bigger and better scenes. Grime = premiership feeder club.

he dont seem that arrogantbut allow coming round the ends with a camera like theirs a milli in the banktoo early for that
chick king>>>_ ill say it again no chicken shop in london is coming remotely close to it+chipmunk is safe from what ive heardpeople r jus hatin on him more now obviously hes gonna change abit hes doing big things

Exactly,
C/SC/SC/SC/S

I don't get why anyone would wanna make music purely for the money when you can put as much effort into other ventures and get more gains from them. I also don't get the whole "can't knock him he's gettin money" thing, his music's sh*t and he's an arrogant twat i couldn't care less how much money he's made.

Exactly,
Eh?Brown EyesRemember MeNite NiteAll tunes that were geared towards being commercially successful while still being good musicSo Solid didn't change the format or style of their tunes. 21 seconds was just a riddim to showcase the crew members which was nothing new to underground music. It was underground music that succeeded commercially, not music made to succeed commercially. They stayed true to their musical roots and as a result you can still bump their music now without feeling embarrassed.I'm pretty sure it wont be the same in 4 years time with Chipmunks tunes, he'll probably be featured on one of those programs on BBC3 'The worst pop number ones' with some sarcastic guy like Simon Amstell making jokes based around oopsy daisy.As for making it out as if grime is limited to clashing, spitting about shanks and radio sets, you aren't paying attention because if anything those parts of the scene have taken a back seat to people making albums/mixtapes. Their have been grime tunes in the past few years that I think could have succeeded commercially had they received backing.Dizzee gets ratings cos he did him on BIDC and even though I don't feel his new stuff he's put himself in a position of power where he can pretty much make anything he wants and I have faint hopes that he's gonna use this to make Dirtee Stank the label where 'urban' artists can make real 'urban' music.I dont get how sacrificing your whole musical upbringing and background is seen as progress in any way other than financially.Yes essay.
I rate Afroman as a man who knows his sh*t but damn, Kano never made a song for commercial? f*ckin LMAO!!! Thats a humungous L there. Add This Is The Girl with Craig David to the list. Kano stayed true you know. f*ckin ell. His problem is majority of the singles failed. I think the Craig David tune did the best for him