Official Cooking Thread

neeko

Guest Malcolm Tucker

if you use enough oil u shud be able to fry straight.... or even soak in hot water for a few mins before.

straight fried ones are crispier and better than pre boiled ones imo

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yeah them potatoes were delicious when I made them, they've become a regular thing now

just to let you guys know, Lloyd Grossman Red Thai Curry sauce = peng - cost a bit though, think I may try to make my own

I still need to attempt Jerk Chicken, no idea where to get scotch bonnets from though

yeah them potatoes were delicious when I made them, they've become a regular thing now

just to let you guys know, Lloyd Grossman Red Thai Curry sauce = peng - cost a bit though, think I may try to make my own

I still need to attempt Jerk Chicken, no idea where to get scotch bonnets from though

a lot of groceries do them

ALL I WILL SAY TO YOU IS...

WEAR f*ck*ng GLOVES WHEN COOKING WITH THEM.

Guest Lisa Turtle

Dubby, about 3-4 days before they get too stale and not very enjoyable.

Also I find it really impressive/refreshing that you are so interested in cooking. Its an attractive quality when a man can cook.

I just found this book in the cupboard in my yard

c494ac422cb233c593752735151434d414f4541.jpg

Traditional African Cooking by Ola Olaore (1990)

gna make some sh*t

i see you lot call sprats yoyo

its got recipes from east to west to north Africa down to swaziland

drinks deserts snacks

interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Someone give me something to make with chicken breast meat.

I've done:

• Chicken Burgers and chips - grilled half-breasts pre-seasoned with paprika + lightly fried chopped potatoes with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice seasoning
  • Stir Fry - kinda a improv: onion, potato, red pepper, chopped chicken with paprika, thyme, crushed chillies, soy sauce, reggae reggae sauce, nando's sweet n sticky marinade + rice (just boiled up a regular pot and mixed it in with the stir fry)

both turned out great but I feel out of ideas

might cop that thai red curry stuff again, or find out a recipe (hopefully easy)

Guest Daniel Levy

Someone give me something to make with chicken breast meat.

I've done:

• Chicken Burgers and chips - grilled half-breasts pre-seasoned with paprika + lightly fried chopped potatoes with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice seasoning
  • Stir Fry - kinda a improv: onion, potato, red pepper, chopped chicken with paprika, thyme, crushed chillies, soy sauce, reggae reggae sauce, nando's sweet n sticky marinade + rice (just boiled up a regular pot and mixed it in with the stir fry)

both turned out great but I feel out of ideas

might cop that thai red curry stuff again, or find out a recipe (hopefully easy)

i put my chicken zorba one down a while ago? u try that?

/

try stuffing the breast with feta/goats cheese marinated in olive oil & pepper, then wrap it in bacon or panchetta.... then roast it...

/

fajitas

/

curries

• 2 weeks later...