Call of Duty: Vietnam

Mr. Gayle

I don't see how sniping is underpowered on the game when 1 shot kills are easily achievable and they thought it made sense to add stuff like thermal sensors (what can you use to counter act this by the way).

More often than not anything below the chest will not kill (especially without stopping power)

Especially when using the 50.cal rifle, which has a bullet that would remove your arm if it hit it, you need to be dying

The scope is also stupidly hard to use and moves around far too much, having high sensitivity is the only way to reallllly get the best out of it

especially if you use a silencer, forget your 1 shot kills from distance even with stopping power

Close combat zones how when positions are elevated high enough above the ground to see more or less anyone coming?

Hardly, the one I can think of that is like this is Afghan, when you stand up on the hill and can see the whole map, however your different exposed up there to other peoples fire, the bunker, the plance, the other bunker, the ground below, not to mention to have to points behind you in which enemies will surely come from after 1 killcam, not to mention spawning in the cave and going looking up there anyway

hermal sensors (what can you use to counter act this by the way).

You can use Cold-Blooded to not be seen on thermals

I don't think sniping is difficult on this game and the failures of the hit detection isn't exclusive to the sniper rifles, I can shoot a man 3 times in the chest with a Scar from 5 yards but he'll still stab me. If the power of the sniper rifles mirrored that of the real life guns the game would be pointless. Being able to shoot someone from half way across the map isn't enough, you also want to be able to do it silenced and get 1 shot kills?

Off the top of my head Afghan,Wasteland, Favela, Estate, Derail and Highrise all have positions where you can see pretty much every direction a possible assault could come from.

Did you play COD4 much?

I don't see how sniping is underpowered on the game when 1 shot kills are easily achievable and they thought it made sense to add stuff like thermal sensors (what can you use to counter act this by the way).

More often than not anything below the chest will not kill (especially without stopping power)

Especially when using the 50.cal rifle, which has a bullet that would remove your arm if it hit it, you need to be dying

The scope is also stupidly hard to use and moves around far too much, having high sensitivity is the only way to reallllly get the best out of it

especially if you use a silencer, forget your 1 shot kills from distance even with stopping power

Close combat zones how when positions are elevated high enough above the ground to see more or less anyone coming?

Hardly, the one I can think of that is like this is Afghan, when you stand up on the hill and can see the whole map, however your different exposed up there to other peoples fire, the bunker, the plance, the other bunker, the ground below, not to mention to have to points behind you in which enemies will surely come from after 1 killcam, not to mention spawning in the cave and going looking up there anyway

hermal sensors (what can you use to counter act this by the way).

You can use Cold-Blooded to not be seen on thermals

I don't think sniping is difficult on this game and the failures of the hit detection isn't exclusive to the sniper rifles, I can shoot a man 3 times in the chest with a Scar from 5 yards but he'll still stab me. If the power of the sniper rifles mirrored that of the real life guns the game would be pointless. Being able to shoot someone from half way across the map isn't enough, you also want to be able to do it silenced and get 1 shot kills?

Off the top of my head Afghan,Wasteland, Favela, Estate, Derail and Highrise all have positions where you can see pretty much every direction a possible assault could come from.

Did you play COD4 much?

Yup, not as much as I play this though

Btw - Im not a sniper, I'm a knifer, I just acknowledge that its flawed

Wasteland the map is divided in two, most people take shelter in the bunker while the rest try to get them out, in the mean time there are maybe 3 snipers around the edges, and you can only see a quarter of the map anyway, firstlybecause of the hedge, secdonly because of the terrain (the sides are on a lower level than the middle, + trees/ house/tanks/cars etc)

Favela, the rooftops are a deathzone, its not like theres just one, if there was thatd be a problem, but as soon as you go up onto a roof, your exposed because you are on a same height level with about 12 other rooftops, not to mention the ground floors of buildings people can see you from...

Highrise again, you can see from the craine/building top (ttkk) but 1 killcam will have you removed from either..

Estate you can see the greenhouse from the back, but if you focus on that, youll get someone running up the stairs and knifing you, and if you go out on the balcony youll get killed...

Derail everyone heads for the main building anyway..

there isn't a level where theres someone hold up and you cant get to them from a variety of ways

As for the scar thing, I'm sure the killcam would reveal to you that most of your scar bullets missed, plus, thats an issue with commando, not with the rifle itself

speaking of which, commando pro will miss just as many times as it hits

imo most things on this game are evened out somehow

edit

You would soon think I had a diff opinion if you played me online and heard me screaming 'f*ck*ng CAMPING c*nt IM GONNA KILL HIM IN REAL LIFE' down the mic any time I'm sniped.

We'll have to agree to disagree, imo the game is far from balanced and you only have to play a few games on COD4 to realise how badly.

The emphasis of the game is completely on kill streaks and as a result encourages camping, from time you can win objective based games by acquiring a high kill streak (Nuke) they f*cked up.

All the maps are suitable for sniping, I don't see how this is a good thing.

The customisation of the perks has made the pro's and cons of certain classes minimal. If you were a sniper before you had to worry about people from behind, so these d*ckheads make it possible to add a heartbeat sensor to a sniper rifle. On top of that you've now got automatic guns as secondary weapons which again favours snipers.

Beg they come with their own ideas this time... would like to see something other than perks, keep low kill streak rewards, and vary up the game modes ffs, oh and no vehicles please, no aim assist. Im probably asking too much from a COD game though..

/

cs flojo

We'll have to agree to disagree, imo the game is far from balanced and you only have to play a few games on COD4 to realise how badly.

The emphasis of the game is completely on kill streaks and as a result encourages camping, from time you can win objective based games by acquiring a high kill streak (Nuke) they f*cked up.

All the maps are suitable for sniping, I don't see how this is a good thing.

The customisation of the perks has made the pro's and cons of certain classes minimal. If you were a sniper before you had to worry about people from behind, so these d*ckheads make it possible to add a heartbeat sensor to a sniper rifle. On top of that you've now got automatic guns as secondary weapons which again favours snipers.

cosign

and its very silly of them to allow shotguns as secondarys, should have left them as primary. From when u get maps like skidrow and scrapyard and people to choose their shotgun over their primary is just silly, you cant win spesh in the close quarters maps

i have more problems agains shotgun/knife freaks then snipers. it becomes silly when some1 who can run around a knife people and still come top because they can lunge thru 10 bullets

llow killstreaks; pointless, has ruined the game,

you just have to adapt to this game and realize its not the same as cod4, and it surely wont never touch it. its shame, the game could have been so much better than it is

I'm with Jeffers and Flojo

the game is horribly unbalanced

no way should you be able to turn 7 kills into 20 - 30+ by just airsupport (thats with no additional gun kills), the game is to focused on kill streaks

no way should you be able to get a nuke outside of deathmatch games either, there was a guy camping somewhere in one demoltion game i was playing earlier, we owned the other team. the guy camping nuked and we lost :/

tactical insertion is bollocks, hearbeat sensor is bollocks (Ninja doesnt even work ffs), commando aka the matrix dodging bullets perk is bollocks

tried to play free for all earlier, boring as hell. spent 3/4's of the game running trying to find people cos afgan is so big

yeh, it would be ok but i don' t think they quite realised how it would be so easy to get 25 kills if you used chopper gunner/ac130. If the kill streaks were just helicopter, airstrike, predator and sentry gun types, ppl wouldn't try it so much. in almost every game type there's always more than one person who's sole intention of playing is to get a nuke, which defeats the whole point.

Tbh i have no real probs with the killstreak rewards, they are rewards afterall.

if you let a pavelow, harrier, CG or AC run wild thats your fault really, I have a class with an RPG so once I get killed its straight to that class to take it out, and the rest of the team usually do too.

Care package is another issue altogether though.

Maps are sh*t period, bar a few.

I went back to COD4 the other day, it felt really basic, which is good I guess in a way.

But the mp5 and p90 are rape tools in that game.

MW3=2011.

you counter attack russia and you hunt down makarov.

please tell me your being serious with that? because that would be so sick

lol its common sense

at the end of MW2:

A VERY pissed of USA after being invaded by Russia, in one the the missions they mention they'll get russia back.

Makarov - the main villain is nowhere to be seen at the end so its bait they're saving him up for mw3

Soap, Price & Nikolai are on the run after killing sheperd

yep i suppose that's where the story is headed

i wonder if it would be like MW1 where you have "joint ops" witht he USA and SAS again, because everyone from the 141 apart from Price and Soap have been KIA or murdered by Sheperds men after Loose Ends...