Your Teams Summer Transfer Plans

Mame Biram Diouf

Lol at Liverpool trying to break into the top 4 signing some superstars.....

Charlton have confirmed that they have given Liverpool permission to speak to teenage star Jonjo Shelvey ahead of a potential £1.7million move to Anfield.

Speculation has been linking the Premier League Reds with the 18-year-old attacking midfielder for a number of weeks and now the interest has become official.

England youth international Shelvey travelled to Liverpool on Tuesday to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms with the club's hierarchy.

A statement on Charlton's official website read: "Charlton have given Premier League side Liverpool permission to speak to 18-year-old midfielder Jonjo Shelvey about a transfer."

Future

As part of the potential transfer, the Add*cks have also announced that the two clubs are in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions.

Liverpool, who have been placed up for sale by co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks amid unrest and financial difficulties, would pay an initial £1.7m and that figure could rise depending upon domestic and international appearances.

Shelvey became Charlton's youngest debutant when he made his maiden first-team appearance in April 2008, aged just 16 years and 59 days.

The teenager has made 48 appearances and scored eight times for the Add*cks, including four goals this season.

Liverpool's move for Shelvey is undoubtedly an investment in the future, but it could also cast Alberto Aquilani's long-term career on Merseyside into further doubt.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6120172,00.html

Honestly i've been one of the biggest Nani haters, but his fianally started to live up to his potential in the last few months, if he has a good world cup and carries it on next season. i dont see the need to sign Ashley Young,

however saying that, Nani's best performances have come from playing on the right,

so a move for Young wouldnt be too bad, but i can see Fergie still being stubborn and keeping Nani on the left even though its clear he does better from the right.

would prefer Milner as he's more flexible in where he can play, and the fact that they're both tried and tested in the league is a big bonus, but to be honest the price tags would put us off anyway.

(never thought i'd see the day when Manchester United couldnt go to a non-top 4 club and plunder/bully them for their talent fianance wise)