Your Teams Summer Transfer Plans

Mame Biram Diouf

people think that you can just slot a goalkeeper into a team and he'll do well,

Shay Given when he freshly joined man city tells me yes, this is possible.

Swear i was watching some Italian highlights are few weeks back and the presenters where saying the difference in Juves is that Buffon has been injured most of the season.

Ain't saying man are exactly gassed BUT

Buff is top 3 selected

and tbh Juve would have never lost that game against Fulham if Gigi was in the sticks, believe that

Buff actually hasn't even got any weakness's

Chamakh (free)

Centre back (no more than 12m)

Both done before the WC.

WIlshere (loan return)

Emmanuel-Thomas (loan return)

Nortdveit (loan return)

Bartley (loan return)

All three will be moved to the fringe of the first-team.

Buy 3-4 cheap youngers.

Then we will look at a keeper and another centre back/midfielder for the first-team squad.

Senderos

Silvestre

Campbell (5 games to save)

Merida

Gallas (likely, but not certain)

All leaving...

Wouldnt amaze me if Vela/Eduardo leaves.

Mannone (Cheseney will return) will go out on loan if not permanent. Randall will leave, Gavin Hoyte, Gilbert, probably Simpson too. Couple u18s already confirmed as leaving, throw in 1-2 more from the reserves, probably James Shea and Evina...

rather there be individual topics tbh

thats why sorts room is so dead this season

people to used to posting in 1 topic then dont bother making new topics when anything happens

bad habbit

• Upvote 1

Paul Scholes has signed a new one-year contract with reigning Premier League champions Manchester United.

The experienced midfielder will now remain part of the set-up at Old Trafford until at least the summer of 2011.

The 35-year-old has spent his entire career to date with the Red Devils, having graduated out of United's famed youth academy.

Having made his first-team debut way back in September 1994, he has almost 16 years senior experience under his belt.

Despite having curtailed his forward-thinking game over recent reasons he remains an integral part of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans and is regularly included in big games.

United are understandably delighted that Scholes has now agreed to extend his association with the club, dashing any suggestion that the former England international was contemplating retirement.

Enjoyment

"We are delighted Paul is staying on for another year," Ferguson told the club's official website.

"His form this year indicates his ability and his enjoyment of the game are as strong as ever, that's every reason to stay on.

"There was talk about him wanting to retire, but when you see his enjoyment in training and playing you can see how much he wants to carry on."

Scholes has reiterated that he still feels capable of competing at the highest level and has expressed his pleasure at penning a new deal.

He said: "I am pleased to have signed for another year. I am feeling good and enjoying my football.

"I would like to thank the boss, the coaching staff and also the fans for their continued support."

Hes been sh*t this season

We aint signing a mid.

is this another one of his bullshit lies or not?

Article for Man utd.com

Sir Alex Ferguson has a maximum of two transfer targets for the summer months, although he says he would still prefer to nurture young talent than spend big in an inflated market.

United already have Mexican striker Javier Hernandez and young English defender Chris Smalling due to arrive at Old Trafford in the close-season. But Sir Alex says he has his eye on a couple more additions.

"From our point of view, we have a good structure. We may need to tweak here and there – a player here, maybe a player there," the boss said on Friday.

"We tend to like buying young players and to build them up within the club. We’ve been good at that over the years. We won’t change that, that’s the reason we signed Hernandez from Mexico. We may buy another player this summer, maybe two at the very most, because that’s where we are, our structure is good. We may look at one or two things, but nothing serious."

Sir Alex also doesn't feel the need to compete with the spending power of our neighbours and Saturday lunchtime's opponents, Manchester City, who the United boss said could afford to sign 10 new players if they succeeded in securing the fourth Champions League spot.

"If we were to prioritise a player, I doubt City would be going for that player as well," he said. "They are maybe after a different type of player, but I don’t know what they are up to or what their plans are. Nobody knows, but they have a buying power that is different from most other clubs.

"The important thing is not to confuse ourselves with other clubs who have so much buying power. That’s just a fact. We don’t really need to worry about that. It was the same when Chelsea were buying players, we didn’t bother ourselves with that. What we tried to do is look at ourselves and see how we can develop our team. And we proved to be successful at it."

And as a precursor for the wild rumours that are likely to persist over the summer, Sir Alex gave short shrift to the suggestion that Real Madrid might test the waters with a bid for Wayne Rooney this summer.

"Well, this is the silly season, isn’t it? Wayne will be here next year."

so Smalling the mexican cash cow and 2 more signings are who we have to look forward to then.

and does the fact that he said Rooney's going nowhere mean that he's definitly going?