The official Man city transfer thread

Admin.

City are two central defenders(European class not EPL class) away from being champions.

Carling Cup 'champions'? :/

lmao this guy is constantly chatting sh*t

Guest Portuguese

City are two central defenders(European class not EPL class) away from being champions.

premier league champions. Blackburn and Chelsea have done it before bought the title but saying this the other Manchester club have been doing this for years.

Guest Portuguese

lmao this guy is constantly chatting sh*t

Who me?

Guest Portuguese

premier league champions. Blackburn and Chelsea have done it before bought the title but saying this the other Manchester club have been doing this for years.

They won't even finish top 2.

They won't unless they sign two top centre halves then finishing second won't be a problem because they will be champions.

you won't achieve anything with Toure Kompany Lescott to chose from as centre halves pairing.

They won't even finish top 2.

They won't unless they sign two top centre halves then finishing second won't be a problem because they will be champions.

you won't achieve anything with Toure Kompany Lescott to chose from as centre halves pairing.

City's starting 11 is not good enough to win the league. They won't get more points than Arsenal did last season who finished 3rd, you can quote me on that btw.

They will challenge for the CL spots however.

From their signings I don't like the look of their XI at all. They look like they're gonna lack width out wide and creativity in the middle. Depends how they line up of course. Seems to be looking like -

Hart

Boateng - Toure - Lescott - Kolarov

Milner - De Jong - Toure - Johnson

Silva

Tevez

Hart is a flapper and you don't know how he's gonna do in the spotlight.

Toure and Lescott are no partnership, error prone and neither are the dominant leader they let go in Dunne.

No idea how Boateng and Kolarov will settle.

Rest is proven, bar Toure (who's made for this league) and Silva. Looks good on paper but you have to wonder Tevez aside where the goals are gonna come from and if Adebayor and potentially Balotelli have it in them to be effective impact players.

Top 4 challenges, 15+ points off the league I reckon.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

From their signings I don't like the look of their XI at all. They look like they're gonna lack width out wide and creativity in the middle. Depends how they line up of course. Seems to be looking like -

Hart

Silva

Tevez

Toure and Lescott are no partnership, error prone and neither are the dominant leader they let go in Dunne.

Rest is proven, bar Toure (who's made for this league) and Silva. Looks good on paper but you have to wonder Tevez aside where the goals are gonna come from and if Adebayor and potentially Balotelli have it in them to be effective impact players.

Balotelli a impact player, he will start mate.

And so will Adebayor wo is a proven striker this is how i think they will line up

Boateng Toure Kompany Kolarov

Toure Milner

Ballotelli Tevez Silva

Adebayor

Hart

Silva

Tevez

Balotelli a impact player, he will start mate.

And so will Adebayor wo is a proven striker this is how i think they will line up

Boateng Toure Kompany Kolarov

Toure Milner

Ballotelli Tevez Silva

Adebayor

yh that would be the team except they might start bitchards at rb.

JJ - Erm Robinho, Barry, Adebayor?

Robinho aint gonna be there if he can help it, Barry aint starting ahead of De Jong and Adebayor aint got mentality IMO, maybe under Wenger. Think he'll play regular, but don't think he'll start the season as first choice.

What do you mean by this?

lol at people deluding themselves and downplaying the strength of their squad, whether you like it or not it's going to take a massive f*ck up for Man City not to win the league over the next few seasons.

Lacks consistancy to be a regular goal scorer throughout the season. I question his desire, drive and professionalism. You know at some point during the season the wheels are gonna come off a bit and it's gonna be 'Citeh in crisis' everywhere, I wouldn't back Adebayor to not go into sulk mode when the fans and nation are questioning his and others' contribution.

I dont know... Adebayor is weird, Man City kinda maybe the best place for him, he is a player that performs when he has something to prove (albeit only before he's been questioned), and with the influx of players and competition it doesnt really allow him to get above his station. His problem at Arsenal came when he thought he'd proved himself and then stopped pushing on.

One of them holding midfielders has to go, and IMO Vieira cant be any lower than 3rd choice.

Barry is English, Mancini will get it in the neck if he doesnt give him adn Johnson gametime. Same for Milner...

Toure is the big signing.

De Jong/Kompany are the odd men out IMO.