Saving money

Guest Flat Eric

i try to work out how much money i need for the week and withdraw it in cash. that way i think more when buying sh*t instead of just dropping my card into the machine. you think much more about your purchases when you hand over cold hard cash and you think even harder when you look in your wallet and see there's not as much in there as you expected.

If you use card all the time you dont realise the extent of your spending until its too late

disclaimer: if you regularly get moved to or lose things. this method may not be for you

Definately need to adopt this method. Seeing it in writing has reaffirmed this belief

Pos

c/s

Guest Triple XXX

Im saving £325 a month at the moment. I let that money go from my current account to my ISA the same day i get paid so i have no excuse to not let that money go.

Because i work in a bank, ive become more disciplined to save and control my finances and with my savings account, I have a card for it but I don't know the PIN and the only other way to get access to it is over the counter and because I'm not counter staff anymore, I dont really get a chance to get the money...so its getting me to save.

what do u do in the bank?

i try to work out how much money i need for the week and withdraw it in cash. that way i think more when buying sh*t instead of just dropping my card into the machine. you think much more about your purchases when you hand over cold hard cash and you think even harder when you look in your wallet and see there's not as much in there as you expected.

If you use card all the time you dont realise the extent of your spending until its too late

disclaimer: if you regularly get moved to or lose things. this method may not be for you

Definately need to adopt this method. Seeing it in writing has reaffirmed this belief

Pos

c/s

Ive done that before and TRUSS me it f*ck*ng works.

It makes you think about what you need and what you dont need, and also makes you think about the difference between what you NEED and what you WANT before you hand over the cash.

Im saving £325 a month at the moment. I let that money go from my current account to my ISA the same day i get paid so i have no excuse to not let that money go.

Because i work in a bank, ive become more disciplined to save and control my finances and with my savings account, I have a card for it but I don't know the PIN and the only other way to get access to it is over the counter and because I'm not counter staff anymore, I dont really get a chance to get the money...so its getting me to save.

what do u do in the bank?

I'm now stepping up as an Assistant Bank Manager.

• Upvote 3

nobody has stated the importance of actually writing down and working out what you spend?

whether you take out cash, or use your card or hide money under your bed, not knowing what comes in and what goes out is just stupid

and thats why 90% of people are just walking debtors.

get a budget planner, can download one free online

calculate your salary after tax and then put down all your expenses and any repayments if you have any

then u see what you actually have to spend for the month and how to cut back or flaunt.

anything before this ..is just plain dumb

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

lol @ the negs for ease

was justified imo

nobody has stated the importance of actually writing down and working out what you spend?

whether you take out cash, or use your card or hide money under your bed, not knowing what comes in and what goes out is just stupid

and thats why 90% of people are just walking debtors.

get a budget planner, can download one free online

calculate your salary after tax and then put down all your expenses and any repayments if you have any

then u see what you actually have to spend for the month and how to cut back or flaunt.

anything before this ..is just plain dumb

swear a few ppl stated they worked out wot goes in and out

no one person said he 'tries' to work out what is needed for the Week,

and the other cosigned him

anything else?

• Downvote 3

Guest Yilmaz

Great point, but it does depend on the person's diligence where such things are concerned.

I have an app on my iPhone enabling me to stay on top of my transactions...

@Venom.

Transaction = In accounting, any event or condition recorded in the book of accounts.

and c/s brisco lol

• Downvote 1

how the f*ck can i budget when i dont have a waged income, sh*t adivce

some days i make more dan other days init dependin on how sh*t goes.

yeh we know that.

but jus cos u sell ur arse to rich arabs doesnt mean u cant budget that paper still

• Downvote 1

venom stop talking like ure marge aint a thai bride who worked as a hooker to fund her heroin and you had to grow up eating tins of cold baked beans for dinner.

either way, a decent black man swept her off her feet and they're living nicely now

AND she still budgeted.

so budget your earnings and get tested

• Downvote 1

In this thread we discuss saving money and give heads up on good bargains.

What techniques do you have for saving money

Where are them deals at?

And anything else that relates to this...prices are going up plyrs so we gotta come together

Just calculated my monthly expenses and i'm gonna put any left over moola in the savings.

basically living like i'm broke for the next few months

/

For those on the rail ting

Year rail card for half price - http://www.hotukdeal...from-jul/708433

lol ffs

just copped a railcard aswell

lol @ the negs for ease

was justified imo

Really because when something is justified, its not personal.

So give me your justified reason with out it being about how you hate me.

To many negative turds around here, who go around abusing powers. Thats why internet is not a good concept of real life. People think they the sh*t cause they can neg and pos.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

lol @ the negs for ease

was justified imo

Really because when something is justified, its not personal.

So give me your justified reason with out it being about how you hate me.

To many negative turds around here, who go around abusing powers. Thats why internet is not a good concept of real life. People think they the sh*t cause they can neg and pos.

POS

I'm thinking of a silent protest on this forum against the neggers, you with me EASE?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Im not protesting, im just saying it says alot about someone if they go around the forum choosing to neg constantly it means they are a negative person. The difference between someone who sees good in others is the pos. The neg is just emphasizing on the negative trait in that person who goes around wanting to see the worst. Difference between positive and negative attitudes and we all know who gets further in life..... Thats why its kinda obvious alot of males on this forum have no direction in their life clear with the negs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4