Female Role Models in 2010

Guest M12

Guest Yilmaz
personally think maggie "no such thing as society" thatcher is a bigger culprit, blair being another baton carrier.
Well obviously, but Blair had 10 years to reverse the trend. He could have done anything after his win, and he chose to become a neo-Thatcherite.#fail

i dont see how tony blair can be blamed (for the initial thread question). when you have programmes like 16 & pregnant and jersey shore among MTV's highest ratings, and the real housewives of blah and blah etc. you're blaming a man who's wife is a judge? radio and MK imo have said all that needs to be said tbh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guest Yilmaz
i dont see how tony blair can be blamed (for the initial thread question). when you have programmes like 16 & pregnant and jersey shore among MTV's highest ratings, and the real housewives of blah and blah etc. you're blaming a man who's wife is a judge? radio and MK imo have said all that needs to be said tbh.
You're right about the programmes, wrong about Blair.

You're right about the programmes.

some of the things i've over herd afew young girls say is just disgusting tbh... girls havent had good role models ever since women got rights... pure loose and unattractive behavior from females... ive lost faith tbh... i just play the game for what it isalso males im afraid we are partly to blame for this too... its sad but true

Don't think radio even posted once in this thread, mate.
true, i was meaning to quote social when he said
BTW, I think the general point yr trying to make is that there aren't enough positive role models in the media for young girls these days, am I right?If that is the case, I agree with you. However, I don't think the media should be the place for people to get their positive role models from. That place is the home, and the family unit.
i say it time and time again,you take god out of ppls life and all they have is satan rl tki know i come across like a mad man but this is how the wise must present themselves,i am reminded of the film 12 monkeys

BTW, I think the general point yr trying to make is that there aren't enough positive role models in the media for young girls these days, am I right?If that is the case, I agree with you. However, I don't think the media should be the place for people to get their positive role models from. That place is the home, and the family unit.
i say it time and time again,you take god out of ppls life and all they have is satan rl tk
it is true talk here

personally think its important to separate females struggle for basic human rights (right to vote, legal protection against rape etc) from the latter day whore-power movement that motivates and is in turn fed by the example women in this thread. this new wave feminism is not about liberating women it is ushering them into a new type of prison, coupled with the systematic emasculation and general moistification of men, we have a confusion where no one knows their roles and imo this is a calculated attack on the family unit, an attempt to remove the power of the human trinity, man, woman, child.

• Upvote 5

personally think its important to separate females struggle for basic human rights (right to vote, legal protection against rape etc) from the latter day whore-power movement that motivates and is in turn fed by the example women in this thread. this new wave feminism is not about liberating women it is ushering them into a new type of prison, coupled with the systematic emasculation and general moistification of men, we have a confusion where no one knows their roles and imo this is a calculated attack on the family unit, an attempt to remove the power of the human trinity, man, woman, child.
Trust, a lot of reckless, mysoginistic talk here.

Guest Yilmaz
Wow, u musta been hurt

Wow, u musta been hurt
wot?do u not see what im saying?

Guest Yilmaz
Wow, u musta been hurt
wot?do u not see what im saying?
yes in fact, apologies for my first post.

Guest Portuguese

I just read this whole thread and WOW!There is four different type of role models.The likes of Kim Kardashian/Amber Rose/Paris Hilton are role models for 12-18 year olds and world class attention seeking females of all ages.Beyonce/Alicia Keys/Mariah/Whitney are role models for up and coming talented female artists.Cheryl(is she Cole Or Tweedy?) Has become a role model thanks to the british media hatred for Ashley Cole which in turn has made her the nation's sweetheart.Katie Price Jordan is a role model for glamour models,babestation chicks,hoes whatever you want to call them.Then there is Michelle Obama? I don't understand why she is a role model someone needs to tell why people would class her as a role model apart from being the american president's wife?Was Hilary Clinton and Barbara Bush also Nancy Regan idolised too?By the way the OP who said about Kim K and Amber Rose being role models in 2010? I think u find more chicks idolise the likes of Tyra Banks,Kimora than them two.When I have daughters I will be happy to point them to the likes of Oprah winfery,Diana(princess of wales I know her private life was controversial but her professional life>>>>) Mother Theresa's direction for role models.Loool@being in a relationship with chick who has the same traits as The likes of Kim Kardashian/Amber Rose.

Michelle Obama has been seen as a role model for black women, as she is a black woman who has a successful 'black' husband in a powerful social position, dresses conservative and appropriate, husband clearly loves her and such and such..So the other females you mentioned are null and void(Barbara Bush and that), cos it is a clear race combined with power thing that creates her image as a role model.One of a kind to be frank c

Guest Portuguese

So she is a role model because who her husband is?What a role model?Saying that is it the same with Victoria Beckham? Or do you believe the hype about her being a fashion icon.