Official Betting Thread

serpent

Go for goals instead of outright winners

Better odds/more likely to win

YOU SAY THIS ALOT BUT I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN YOU POST UP ONE WINNER YET.

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

KAUTO STAR @ CHELTENHAM FOR ME

Is it my fault when certain teams take their foot off the gas after two goals!

It does make perfect sense to choose goals over outright winners because nobody is consistent/sure thing anymore apart from Barca and Real

SO YOU'VE NOT WON ANY???

Couple tonight

Arse/Milan over 2.5 4/6

Ben/Zenit over 2.5 5/6

£20 Double

Arsenal/Milan over 2.5

Ben/Zenit over 2.5

Chelsea 4/6

Midds 8/13

Soton 4/7

£10 Accy

Chelsea

Midds

Soton

Reading 2/5

Charlton 1/2

Sheff Utd 5/6

£10 Accy.

Wish me luck lads.

because if long run and kauto star wern't in the race it would be odds on... long run is highly overrated for not doing very much and kauto star has had recent injuries and is generally dodgey.

also loves cheltenham and i think if it doesnt win i'll still get my money back from it placing

if it doesn't win or place it won't be because it's not good enough it will be something wrong with it etc but imo it's a strong bet and my highest iv placed on a single horse.

edit:

it's also getting shorter and shorter at a very fast rate which suggests a lot of people are backing it (prob people with a lot more knowledge than me)

I don't think Gran Crus will run in the Gold Cup tbh, he is far more likely to take up his entry in the RSA and being a Novice he would have to be extremely special to be winning if partaking. I take it you've backed him NRNB anyhow so you can't lose if he doesn't run anyhow.

In the Supreme Novices, Darlan is my pick, not exactly an original selection but he was travelling like a dream in the Betfair Hurdle and was potentially the winner if not for falling two out. He has form at Cheltenham, travels well and come the end of the race his price could look huge.

I hate to say it but i will be taking the Fly on with Zarkandar. I was a backer of HF last year but i feel he has a tougher challenge on his hands this time around and the price is now far too short for me to get involved with in a race of this nature. Zarkandar won the Betfair Hurldle when clearly needing the run, he has extremely strong form to his name and should prove a tougher challenge to The Fly up the Cheltenham hill then Peddlers Cross did 12 months ago.

These are my two main bets for the first days action. Some quality races ahead win or lose though.

Npower Championship Matches - Middlesbrough v Barnsley - Middlesbrough @ 8/13 (Win)

Champions League Matches - Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg - Benfica @ 7/10 (Win)

Npower Championship Matches - Reading v Portsmouth - Reading @ 4/7 (Win)

Stake : £10.00

Returns : £43.15

I like the chances of Belgian Bill in the 2:20 Wolverhampton. He runs off a mark of 102 having ran well off of this very mark with in better company last month over at Meydan. Paul Hanagan is booked to take the ride today which could prove to be a significant booking. It is also trainer George Baker's only runner today making the trip from Hampshire which is a fairly long way to go if you're not expecting a decent run. Currently 5/1 and well worth a punt.

In the 5:15 Wolverhampton, Five Star Junior also looks a decent bet. Runs off a mark of 91 which is the same mark he ran from last month when finishing third at Lingfield, where he was doing his best work in the closing stages. Today's race looks likely to have plenty of pace on which could well set it up for this fast finisher.

The 2:15 Meydan see's Hayley Turner reunited with Margot Did, a horse in which she is very familiar with and a horse that helped her claim her second ever Group One winner. Its her only booked ride of the day in a race which in all honesty shouldn't take alot of winning. They haven't exactly got an ideal draw but i think at 15/2 you can't go wrong.

In the finale at Meydan an old favourite of mine Presvis again looks a worthy bet at odds of around 9/1. He is a veteran that has more than proved his worth over the years and knows his job well. He can be forgiven for his run last time out which barely saw him get a look in on the race as it was his first run since last May in a race in which others in the field were probably alot sharper than this one. That run last time will surely have freshened him up for today and he is likely to be one of those in contention towards the later stages.

Good luck today people.

Was a half hearted tip, but anyone get on?

Ye9WF.jpg

Did it in my dads account so I got a free £75 bet, shoved that on spurs/real.

Straight withdrawal, don't wanna start betting again, that's me done

very nice

i woke up late for football n didn't have time to put any bets on..

good thing because i was going to include westham, who went on to draw 1-1

looool na don im mixed..

yeh i was going to do that myself but i can't see big bucks losing..just can't see it at all, so wanted to bump up the odds

also got £100 e/w (50 x2) on kauto star seeing as everyones saying grands crus prob won't run in it...

gunna save about another 200-300 for cheltenham and thats' my limit

dunno if i want to go cheltenham though.. i feel uncomfortable placing bets in the bookies and i feel like it would be the same vibe