Social housing budget to be cut by more than 50 per cent, BBC learns

Angelo

"we're all in this together" ..........LOL what a pisstake

everytime one of those elitist f*cks says this i jus wanna punch them in the face

one of the richest cabinets ever n theyre tryna go on like they know what the ordinary dude on the street is goin through

and of course when they fail theyll blame the previous government

to tell the truth the tories have always looked after their own...they dont give a f*ck about anyone who isnt upper middle class so im not surprised , the way they try and blame the recession on the unemployed and single mothers instead of the rich bankers is laughable

its the Lib dems i have no respect for, the way they just abandoned every key policy and everything they stand for just to have a "seat at the big table" is disgusting

• Downvote 1

_482565_conservative_quote.gif

your party yh?

how many black labour candidates have done anything in the labour party? end of the day, from a personal level i dont need any govt, labour or cons to make my life any better. pple rely on govt too much.

Imagine if you hadn't been born with a silver fork up your ass, your mum had no husband and in 4 months time had to move to somewhere in the sticks because she couldn't afford to keep the house you live in now.

Some stupid ass post Carpe. I had you down as other bad things but not stupid bro

Carpe is a typical selfish Tory c*nt, it's all "me, me, me" with these bastards.

"From a personal level" is right, that's the only level you greedy bastards can ever think on.

you can scream selfish all you like. it just appeared that so much was available to people who wont, or dont contribute half as much as they take. and yes i said on a personal level, cos the govt shouldn't shape your own individual life so much not in the west anyway. if you wanna go out an do something with your life you will.

and nemesis, the way everyone always tries to blame "bankers" for all their woes is also laughable, when they had 3x what they earned in a month in credit limits, going on holiday/shopping with their credit cards

• Downvote 2

your party yh?

how many black labour candidates have done anything in the labour party? end of the day, from a personal level i dont need any govt, labour or cons to make my life any better. pple rely on govt too much.

Imagine if you hadn't been born with a silver fork up your ass, your mum had no husband and in 4 months time had to move to somewhere in the sticks because she couldn't afford to keep the house you live in now.

Some stupid ass post Carpe. I had you down as other bad things but not stupid bro

Carpe is a typical selfish Tory c*nt, it's all "me, me, me" with these bastards.

"From a personal level" is right, that's the only level you greedy bastards can ever think on.

you can scream selfish all you like. it just appeared that so much was available to people who wont, or dont contribute half as much as they take. and yes i said on a personal level, cos the govt shouldn't shape your own individual life so much not in the west anyway. if you wanna go out an do something with your life you will.

and nemesis, the way everyone always tries to blame "bankers" for all their woes is also laughable, when they had 3x what they earned in a month in credit limits, going on holiday/shopping with their credit cards

oh so you are telling me that the 200 billion used to bail out the banks was whos fault?....because if it wasnt the bankers that lost the money please explain to me whose fault it was.....

the 200 billion that put the country in debt (which is why all the cuts are being made)

Please explain

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

your party yh?

oh so you are telling me that the 200 billion used to bail out the banks was whos fault?....because if it wasnt the bankers that lost the money please explain to me whose fault it was.....

the 200 billion that put the country in debt (which is why all the cuts are being made)

Please explain

the fault of everyone who was involved in the "credit" boom. the consumers buying houses they could barely afford, housing developments being sold out, before a crane arrives on site. people with no real sense of business, taking out loans willy nilly. UK personal debt was at 1.5 TRILLION pounds, not including mortgages.

the govt was also borrowing to fund useless projects, and pay useless people to "think"

and the bankers using all that money being borrowed to invest elsewhere in the global market to make much more profit, in the end everyone in the most developed countries ended up hitting a brick wall, cos there was no where else to turn and throw away bad debt.

but its clear that everyone suffers in some way as a result

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

your party yh?

Please explain

the fault of everyone who was involved in the "credit" boom. the consumers buying houses they could barely afford, housing developments being sold out, before a crane arrives on site. people with no real sense of business, taking out loans willy nilly. UK personal debt was at 1.5 TRILLION pounds, not including mortgages.

the govt was also borrowing to fund useless projects, and pay useless people to "think"

and the bankers using all that money being borrowed to invest elsewhere in the global market to make much more profit, in the end everyone in the most developed countries ended up hitting a brick wall, cos there was no where else to turn and throw away bad debt.

but its clear that everyone suffers in some way as a result

i disagree with your post but the fact that you really believe that everyone is suffering is astounding.....

let me break it down

we put money into the banks in forms of deposits

the banks use this money to invest in the markets in order to make great profits for the banks and big bonuses for the bankers

the banks invest in sub prime loans where basically you give loans or mortgages to people who can hardly afford the payments at extremely high rates of interest thus generating vast profits and bigger bonuses

"why put down 5% on your mortgage when we can offer you a 100% mortgage with higher repayments ....even though by your salary i can see you cant really afford the repayments what do we care....we are making so much more profit"

sooner or later people cant keep up with the payments...rather than the banks inform shareholders and the stockmarket that they are losing money they set up companies where they can bundle all the bad debt into thus avoiding having to put on the balance sheet that the banks are actually losing money.....the bankers still get their million pound bonuses even though effectively they are going broke...

the banks have soon lost so much money that they cant pay staff wages or give us our money that we have deposited....

the government has to bail out the banks to insure that our money is safe ....

the bankers still collect their bonuses....

• Upvote 3

like i said, personal debt was already at 1.5 trillion, that DOES NOT include mortages. the UK as a country does not produce 1.5 trillion pounds as GDP.

The housing market was just what tipped the balance of what was already crumbing, but people werent that bothered cos it was just possible for them to borrow more. when you cant afford to pay back 5000, you borrow 2500, now you're in 7.5k debt, that was all going rosey, until people who borrowed 400k couldn't keep up any payments. and then everything began to fall at once.

and again, even though people were getting 100% mortgages, this only accounted for about 10% of total mortages taken out.

Angelo dont know what hes talking about

Chinise people kept saving so they had a bigger budget surplus which allowed them to give out loads of cheap credit and seeing we are one of the biggest places they lend money to we took it and our banks f*cked around with it and gave it anyone just to make a profit and get a bonus because they forgot to realize it was not and endless supply of money etc now we are paying for their greediness

Thats the easiest way to summerize it without confusing people and deading of angelica

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Angelo dont know what hes talking about

Chinise people kept saving so they had a bigger budget surplus which allowed them to give out loads of cheap credit and seeing we are one of the biggest places they lend money to we took it and our banks f*cked around with it and gave it anyone just to make a profit and get a bonus because they forgot to realize it was not and endless supply of money etc now we are paying for their greediness

Thats the easiest way to summerize it without confusing people and deading of angelica

chinese people how? their markets are more regulated than over here in the west, and you cant compare their own surplus and why they have such a surplus to here. the question is where is PERSONAL responsibility when you as an invidividual incur so much debt. Banking as we know it today is engineered to make money, dont act like they are charities or social enterprises, we know they need to be regulated more, but it seems everyone's pushing the blame onto them without accepting any personal responsibility.

alot of people who shouldn't have taken out mortgages in the first place were trying to do the exact same thing banks are being blamed for...i.e. Buy a place to rent out at some crazy price to a tenant and make a profit, then they got one, two, three houses..taking on 500k+ in debt when the man earns 30k/yr ..i see TWO mad people in that situation, the lender and the person who borrowed.

everyone was just rushing against time, cos it was evident that the housing market bubble would burst, but nobody cared as long as it didnt burst when THEY were cashing in.....now all of a sudden its only bankers to blame

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

like i said, personal debt was already at 1.5 trillion, that DOES NOT include mortages. the UK as a country does not produce 1.5 trillion pounds as GDP.

The housing market was just what tipped the balance of what was already crumbing, but people werent that bothered cos it was just possible for them to borrow more. when you cant afford to pay back 5000, you borrow 2500, now you're in 7.5k debt, that was all going rosey, until people who borrowed 400k couldn't keep up any payments. and then everything began to fall at once.

and again, even though people were getting 100% mortgages, this only accounted for about 10% of total mortages taken out.

you fail to draw attention to the fact that people are paying interest on that personal to the lending institutions who are?....... THE BANKS

please dont pretend that the personal debt is not being paid off in the form of interest and profits to the banks

The bigger the risk the greater the financial rewards..... the banks gave out risky loans to generate big profits and massive bonuses

they took great risks and for a while it worked and then it all came tumbling down....

they were not forced to lend money

they chose to make borrowing easier for their own benefit

If i am running a company and i make bad investment decisions and the company goes belly up whos fault is it? Mine nobody elses..... as long as i wasnt forced to undertake those investment decisions the buck will always stop with me

the fact that you are saying the bankers share no blame in this mess beggers belief

• Downvote 1

you fail to draw attention to the fact that people are paying interest on that personal to the lending institutions who are?....... THE BANKS

please dont pretend that the personal debt is not being paid off in the form of interest and profits to the banks

The bigger the risk the greater the financial rewards..... the banks gave out risky loans to generate big profits and massive bonuses

they took great risks and for a while it worked and then it all came tumbling down....

they were not forced to lend money

they chose to make borrowing easier for their own benefit

If i am running a company and i make bad investment decisions and the company goes belly up whos fault is it? Mine nobody elses..... as long as i wasnt forced to undertake those investment decisions the buck will always stop with me

the fact that you are saying the bankers share no blame in this mess beggers belief

nobody was forced to borrow riskily either

agreed, but the banks knew that they were more than just companies. we would be in a far worse situation if they were not bailed out than we are now. theres only 5 major UK banks. if even just 3 of them failed it would be disastrous. and the millionaire management woudlnt suffer any more than they are not suffering now.

ive never said that anywhere. also, i personally know of people who were producing fake payslips, or going through companies who take out credit for these people. banks fault as well?

• Downvote 1

lol during the election me n wavesurfer told you all

this sh*t dnt even shock or bother me now cos i knew it was going to happen AGES ago and prepared myself for it tbh

hopefully EDDY can win it for us, revitalize Trade Unions, restore workers rights to strike and reverse these disgusting, self-serving and callous cuts

• Downvote 1

Guest Triple XXX

sutin about the contracts had already been signed and theres no way to get out it

no planes on it for 9-10 years tho

but like

if we dont need them for 10 years, why will we need them after that?

• Upvote 1