THE OFFICAL ARSENAL F.C THREAD

Guest TulseHill8T8

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinkin forwards right, I dont expect Bendtner to score alot of goals from when he scored like 1 goal in I dont know how many games think it might have been around 27 or so.The thing is he might score a few though the amount of chances we make each game is guna be a lot more than what birmingham made, if he gets into the right positions hopefully he could convert them opportunities.

Emmanuel Eboue has committed his future to Arsenal by signing a new deal at Emirates Stadium.The 23-year-old is firmly established as Arsene Wenger's first choice right-back, having made giant strides since joining The Gunners from Beveren in January of 2005.The Ivorian made 34 appearances this term and he has been rewarded with a bumper new deal.The Gunners confirmed the deal on their website, but did not divulge the length of Eboue's new deal.Eboue has made a total of 71 first-team appearances for Arsenal and has tasted glory in the 2005 FA Cup final and was a member of last season's UEFA Champions League final side.

Arsene Wenger says he is determined Arsenal will be in title contention next season.The Gunners ended a disappointing Premiership campaign in fourth place for the second year running.But the Arsenal boss admits that is not good enough and believes his side will be a different proposition next season should Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott all come into August in peak condition."I am looking [for new players], but I am also at the moment happy with the players I have and am also focused on developing the team I have. I feel the team is growing well," said Wenger."The biggest transfer I can make is to try to get everybody fit by the start of next season."If I manage that I have done 80 per cent of the job and I will be pleased, the other 20 per cent is optional - whether I buy or not."If I can just manage to do that 80 per cent, to get everybody in perfect shape for the start of the season, then I have done a good job."Meanwhile, Julio Baptista's future could be decided at the end of the week.Arsenal took the Brazilian on a season-long loan from Real Madrid last summer, with Jose Antonio Reyes going in the opposite direction.Reyes is keen to stay with the Spanish runners-up and Wenger has already hinted he would like to keep Baptista.

Arsenal are the ultimate 'second half' teamThe Premier League statistics for the 2006/07 season have been released and, as ever, they make interesting reading.The 'Actim' stats are a collection of team, player and match data derived from all the actions that take place during a game including goals, shots on target, corners, fouls, offsides, passes, tackles, blocks and clearances.The raw data illustrates exactly how effective teams are in one area of the game and also where their weak points lie. We examined the stats from an Arsenal perspective and came up with these 10 facts and figures:1. If matches ended at half time, Arsenal would have finished the season in 12th place, just 10 points off the relegation zone and 28 points behind 'champions' Chelsea.2. The Gunners were truly a 'second-half team', leading the rankings of clubs who were drawing or losing at half time but went on to win. Arsenal managed that on 10 occasions. Indeed, late goals at Emirates Stadium were one of the trends of Arsenal's season.3. Cesc Fabregas was second only to Ronaldo in the table of assists. The Spanish midfielder created 13 goals, one fewer than the double Player of the Year.4. No Premiership player took as many penalties as Gilberto. The Brazilian was not Arsenal's regular penalty taker when the season kicked off but ended up taking six spot kicks, converting five.5. Arsenal cross the ball far less frequently than most Premiership teams. Emmanuel Eboue was the highest-ranked Arsenal crosser in 75th place with 35 attempts. Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing was top with 186 crosses.6. Arsenal committed the fewest fouls in the Premiership. Cesc Fabregas led the way but he was back in 42nd place in that particular table.7. Thierry Henry scored the third fastest goal of the season, netting after 59 seconds of the 4-0 win at Reading. Kevin Doyle of Reading scored the quickest goal, timed at a mere 22 seconds.8. Arsenal had the fourth best defensive record in the Premiership and yet were only ranked eighth in clean sheets with 12.9. The one Arsenal player to feature in the 'Actim' Team of the Season was Cesc Fabregas. The 20-year-old finished seventh in the overall player rankings and fourth in the midfielder rankings.10. Gilberto was Arsenal's second highest-ranked player of the 2006/07 campaign. The Brazilian finished in 22nd place. Kolo Toure was 28th but was also the fifth highest-ranked defender in the Premiership.

Alexander Hleb has hailed Arsene Wenger as "a coach sent by God" after spending two seasons under the French tactician.The Arsenal midfielder has been a regular feature during his first two years in North London, making more than 80 appearances for The Gunners.Hleb took time to settle at Arsenal but believes his best is now on show with Wenger having kept faith with the Belarus international."Wenger is a great tactician, he sees absolutely everything," he told World Soccer magazine. "He knows how to find a key to every player - he is a coach sent by God."I still remember him saying: 'Alexander, I do not just buy any player; I watched you for two years. Everyone finds it hard at first, especially if you come from another country. I am convinced everything will work out.' Those words helped me a lot."I am loving being able to work under him. He supported me through the difficult times early on and carried on believing in me."Arsenal's lack of success this season has been put down to their failure to finish chances, a problem Hleb admits he suffers from too.However, the former Stuttgart star has vowed to work on his finishing to improve on his tally of three goals next term."It is a problem for me, and it was the same at Stuttgart," Hleb said."Often I get into shooting positions and then hear a team-mate calling for me to pass, maybe I need to be a bit more egotistical at times."It is something I have been working on. In training, the manager often gets me doing special exercise in which I am forced to finish the attack with a shot on goal."I think next season will be better."Hleb also expects Arsenal to be much improved next season, as he added: "We are a very young team, but I would not say we are a team for the future - we are a team for now."We have got everything it takes to succeed."

Hleb is just praising and thanking him. Stop acting so stupid over things come on.Good article that was (in World Soccer).

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is said to have offered himself to Arsenal in recent days.It's reported Eto'o made contact with Gunners representatives through intermediaries and assured them he would jump at the chance of moving to Arsenal - if they could guarantee terms worth ã7 million-a-year.However, sources close to the Cameroon international insist Eto'o is not touting himself to Premiership clubs, says DiarioSport.
Yes from Tribal Football, they only get these stories which appear in newspapers.Anyone resigned up for the red membership.Done mine and found out I'm 29767 in the Silver Level waiting list.

Hleb is just praising and thanking him. Stop acting so stupid over things come on.Good article that was (in World Soccer).
Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is said to have offered himself to Arsenal in recent days.It's reported Eto'o made contact with Gunners representatives through intermediaries and assured them he would jump at the chance of moving to Arsenal - if they could guarantee terms worth ã7 million-a-year.However, sources close to the Cameroon international insist Eto'o is not touting himself to Premiership clubs, says DiarioSport.
Yes from Tribal Football, they only get these stories which appear in newspapers.Anyone resigned up for the red membership.Done mine and found out I'm 29767 in the Silver Level waiting list.
Stop the Eto'o talk!Not yet, my letter come today with the magazine, I'll do it later this week, I'm 62002 or something like that.

Yes from Tribal Football, they only get these stories which appear in newspapers.Anyone resigned up for the red membership.Done mine and found out I'm 29767 in the Silver Level waiting list.Stop the Eto'o talk!Not yet, my letter come today with the magazine, I'll do it later this week, I'm 62002 or something like that.
Gonna renew mines next week im 42747 in the waiting list. I used to watch matches using someone elses season ticket when they couldn't go to games so I became a member kinda late.