Weekend Football 27/11/10

Francis Coquelin

Guest Rorschach

Your making the argument that Huddlestone is as good as Busquets technically to what end? Busquets is the better player.Man like Lee Trundle had tekkers out the arse but it didn't matter.

The media in this country RUN tings.
Dpn't chat sh*t to me fam, i don't listen to the media.How many man in thhe medida would say Huddlestone is as good technically as Busquets?The media is on Barcas d*ck, so don't act like i'm just recycling what i hear from Henry Winter or Patric Barclay, it seems its you man that let the media dictate your thoughts and its clear alot of you don't understand what the word technique even truly means.
Our media tells you Bale is on the same level as Messi. So really anything is possible.

Been saying for a while Anelka is the biggest stupid f*ck*ng prick that you seen thus far.
A tad harsh dnt u think old bean??I dnt understand, what I have said that is deemed 2be so absurd?Are you still upset that I was inda Gwladys Street End, with a large grin on my face watching Everton slaughter u in the derby??/no1 has named a better 5 lol

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Puyol is by far a better defender than Gallas, thats why Gallas was allowed to leave a team that finished fourth, yet Puyol has yet to be displaced in the defence of a team that has won 3 cl trophyes in the last 5 years, a european and world cup, he's toguh, totally comiited, and has good reading of the play, a proper CB who wouldn't be out of place in the premGallas is good technically, but he isn't Beckenbauer, don't kid yourself, he isn't even Piquenbauer. Some type of modern metrosexual sub-6 foot defender (no irony in that Puyol is 5''10) he isn't the player you want when your in THE sh*t. Look at Puyol + Piques performance against Germany when they were under the kosh for a whileHuddlestone is technically gifted for an English player, he isn't as clever as busquets though, OR as cute or neat a passer, he can't play in the same way that Sergio is asked to, or how Scholes does, to be preciseVDV, Modricare both classLennon couldn't lace Pedros boots.
You see your making sense i can't lie, i never said Puyol wasn't better than Gallas, i followed up on a post when someone said that Spurs were technically inadequate to Barca by far. Which is why i brought up players like Gallas and co, to me Puyol is a very good defender but again when your playing for a team like Barca and Spain who control the ball at a startling level your rarely tested. Theres no doubting Gallas is technically a better defender though and it seems his slowly getting back to his Chelsea form, that player in my mind is better than Puyol.To be honest Barca play a system that allows them neat passes that Busqets does, i've seen keita play for Barca this season and he has been just as impressive in my eyes. I would rather have Busquets in my side but on a matter of technique Huddlestone trumps him, i disagree that Huddlestone can't play in the same way Busquets does, i think he can.Lennon is the archetypal winger, it depends what you value in a player to be honest. I feel a player like Pedro wouldn't be particularly special at a club like Spurs, but he fits into the way Barca and Spain play, i wouldn't neccesarily say he is a far better player than Lennon is hard to compare them though.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Your making the argument that Huddlestone is as good as Busquets technically to what end? Busquets is the better player.Man like Lee Trundle had tekkers out the arse but it didn't matter.
Check what started the post mate/

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that
Lennon>>>>>>>>>>>PedroEkotto>>AbidalModric = InestaGallas>>Puyol
I was gonna rise to the bait then realised your having a bubble
Gallas is better than Puyol/Lennon is better than pedroModric technically is as every bit as good as Iniesta although i conced Iniesta is the better player only slightly.Ekotto is just as good as abidal.Gomes and Valdes are both shite.
PERSPECTIVEMan U apart from saturday havent been playing well according to all including fergie.....Chelski have just got 1 point in nine....unheard of....arsenal are losing games to teams they shouldntits been spoken over and over again at how none of the top three are playing particularly well...yet the top two have a +19 goal difference and arsenal +15 two points difference between themtottenham are playing their best football in years yet they still cant get in the top four and have a +3 goal differencesome of you man remind me of why i hate reading any british sports journalist....pure sensationalism and not enough common sense , swinging from one extreme to anothertottenham didnt play particularly well against liverpool or arsenal .........tottenham arent technically gifted so dont fool yourselves in thinking they play attractive football cause they dont....they play a very English type of game
LOL at Tottenham aren't technically gifted your chatting crap now.Modric Van Der Vaart Huddlestone on their day are as technically good as Xavi Iniesta and Busquets.Gallas and Kaboul are as good technically as Pique and better than Puyol technically.Bales technique is up there with the very best.Then you've got Jenas very underrated but still a classy player.Go through Spurs whole squad and you would see that they've got players who are great technically in every single position.
What is this?!!?
Gallas is better than Puyol/Lennon is better than pedroModric technically is as every bit as good as Iniesta although i conced Iniesta is the better player only slightly.Ekotto is just as good as abidal.Gomes and Valdes are both shite.
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.Modric will be one of the best players in the world in a couple years, i'm sure of it he would ift perfectly into Barcas side. He probably would do nearly as good of a job as Iniesta to be honest, his vision Dribbling and Passing(not so much) can match Iniestas.Lennon and Pedro is a toss up depending on what you want from a winger, although Lennon wouldn't really fit into Barcas system i can't openly say that Pedro is a far better player.Ekotto and Abidal is pretty close, Abidal is a better defender(although has been found wanting in the past), Ekotto is far better going forward.Valdes is better than Gomes, but the aforementioned is overrated and i've never particularly rated him, is just that his inefficiencies aren't easily exposed cause 9 times out of ten Barca do what they did to Madrid today and totally dominated possession meaning Valdes is rarely called upon.
aSSAASDDSDim actually in tears reading this cryingNAH HES NOT REAL, anelka allow having two accounts on some tulse movementswhat am i seeing Modric an equal to iniesta Lennon touching pedroa'/#d/ddddddying, Nah can't even believe itlol @ Mike and Cipher actually debating some of these factsyou guys should know better
You see its very well saying this sh*t, but you couldn't provide a rebuttal. You can simply laugh it off and try act like i'm stupid but i know what i'm saying anf it just proves the point that many of you need to go and understand what the word technique means in regards to football and come back to me.

Gallas is better than Puyol/
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.
Puyol is by far a better defender than Gallas, thats why Gallas was allowed to leave a team that finished fourth, yet Puyol has yet to be displaced in the defence of a team that has won 3 cl trophyes in the last 5 years, a european and world cup, he's toguh, totally comiited, and has good reading of the play, a proper CB who wouldn't be out of place in the premGallas is good technically, but he isn't Beckenbauer, don't kid yourself, he isn't even Piquenbauer. Some type of modern metrosexual sub-6 foot defender (no irony in that Puyol is 5''10) he isn't the player you want when your in THE sh*t. Look at Puyol + Piques performance against Germany when they were under the kosh for a whileHuddlestone is technically gifted for an English player, he isn't as clever as busquets though, OR as cute or neat a passer, he can't play in the same way that Sergio is asked to, or how Scholes does, to be preciseVDV, Modricare both classLennon couldn't lace Pedros boots.
You see your making sense i can't lie, i never said Puyol wasn't better than Gallas, i followed up on a post when someone said that Spurs were technically inadequate to Barca by far. Which is why i brought up players like Gallas and co, to me Puyol is a very good defender but again when your playing for a team like Barca and Spain who control the ball at a startling level your rarely tested. Theres no doubting Gallas is technically a better defender though and it seems his slowly getting back to his Chelsea form, that player in my mind is better than Puyol.
An awful lot of contradictions.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Been saying for a while Anelka is the biggest stupid f*ck*ng prick that you seen thus far.Some of the posts in here are so bad I feel to PM Durtts to have a more reasonable discussion about football.
You do that and take your condescending attitude out of this thread, lol at man on here thinking there Sacchi gtfoh.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Gallas is better than Puyol/
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.
You see your making sense i can't lie, i never said Puyol wasn't better than Gallas, i followed up on a post when someone said that Spurs were technically inadequate to Barca by far. Which is why i brought up players like Gallas and co, to me Puyol is a very good defender but again when your playing for a team like Barca and Spain who control the ball at a startling level your rarely tested. Theres no doubting Gallas is technically a better defender though and it seems his slowly getting back to his Chelsea form, that player in my mind is better than Puyol.
An awful lot of contradictions.
Are you senile mate?Puyol is a better defender than GallasGallas is technically a better player/defender.Gallas of Chelsea was a better player than Puyol of now.No contradictions just poor comprehension skills.

Why are people actually paying attention to Blue State Of Mind? SMH.William Gallas got released by Arsenal. Don't let this week fool you, just remember his start to the season and know come the end of the season like I said in august when them lot signed him I'll still be laughing at the decision.

Guest Portuguese

Pace-LennonDribbling-PedroTechnique-PedroBoth Footed-PedroSkills-PedroFinishing-PedroVersatility-PedroEnd Of Product-PedroBig Game Player-PedroGallas is more technical than Puyol but not a better defender.As for Busquets the guy is a beast he is still only 22.

Guest Portuguese

Modric(Baby Cruyff) is very technical and will get even better as soon as leaves Tottenham no disrespect Tottenham fans but he cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the simanese twins(Xavi+Iniesta)

Guest Rorschach
You see your making sense i can't lie, i never said Puyol wasn't better than Gallas, i followed up on a post when someone said that Spurs were technically inadequate to Barca by far. Which is why i brought up players like Gallas and co, to me Puyol is a very good defender but again when your playing for a team like Barca and Spain who control the ball at a startling level your rarely tested. Theres no doubting Gallas is technically a better defender though and it seems his slowly getting back to his Chelsea form, that player in my mind is better than Puyol.To be honest Barca play a system that allows them neat passes that Busqets does, i've seen keita play for Barca this season and he has been just as impressive in my eyes. I would rather have Busquets in my side but on a matter of technique Huddlestone trumps him, i disagree that Huddlestone can't play in the same way Busquets does, i think he can.Lennon is the archetypal winger, it depends what you value in a player to be honest. I feel a player like Pedro wouldn't be particularly special at a club like Spurs, but he fits into the way Barca and Spain play, i wouldn't neccesarily say he is a far better player than Lennon is hard to compare them though.
Pedro is a completely ambidexterous forward, can play on either wing, is quick, technically superior to Lennon.Lennon is incredibly fast, but is otherwise average.One day I'm pretty sure his feint twice then knock it right and cross it tactics will be figured out :/As for Busquets, he forced his way into the Barcelona side that torn up La Liga all ends up and won the Champions league, with Y. Toure in the middle, and made its way to and won a further final off the strength of his performancesNot to mention the job he did keeping Wesley Sjneider completely schtum during the World Cup Final, another huge game he performed in, (and something I'm certain Huddlestone couldn't do.) Not to mention this match being the perfect demonstration of his modern sweeper role, dropping inbetween the cb's to retain posession, while Pique and Puyol moved out wide and the fullbacks pushed up.Also for the fact that Huddlestone turns like the black rock of mecca means he simply couldn't play the way Busquets plays because he can't get about to offer himself for the pass nearly quick enough.Huddlestone himself, isn't better than Carrick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVdPzZxm3o

• Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Why are people actually paying attention to Blue State Of Mind?William Gallas got released by Arsenal. Don't let this week fool you, just remember his start to the season and know come the end of the season like I said in august when them lot signed him I'll still be laughing at the decision.
Whats your point exactly?I said Gallas looks like he is slowly returning to Chelsea form, nothing more than that. I didn't say he was the best defender in premier let alone the world. The whole argument started from someone saying that Tottenham weren't technically gifted, which is why i went through each player highlighting that they are in fact very technically gifted. However i fully know that technique is not all that matters in football, and Tottenham aren't a better team than Barca, chelsea, or any other great team for a number of reasons.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Pace-LennonDribbling-PedroTechnique-PedroBoth Footed-PedroSkills-PedroFinishing-PedroVersatility-PedroEnd Of Product-PedroBig Game Player-PedroGallas is more technical than Puyol but not a better defender.As for Busquets the guy is a beast he is still only 22.
Lennon is a better dribbler than Pedro.

Spurs v Barca if it did happen would be one of the ties of the 10/11 Champions League
Would love to see that mate, even though we'll lose. Two of the best ball playing teams in Europe going head to head. Would be a sick game!
2dmf7yd.gif
Bassong V PuyolCorluca v AlvesJenas v XaviModric v IniestaDefoe v CrouchBale V messibattle of titans :D that
PERSPECTIVEMan U apart from saturday havent been playing well according to all including fergie.....Chelski have just got 1 point in nine....unheard of....arsenal are losing games to teams they shouldntits been spoken over and over again at how none of the top three are playing particularly well...yet the top two have a +19 goal difference and arsenal +15 two points difference between themtottenham are playing their best football in years yet they still cant get in the top four and have a +3 goal differencesome of you man remind me of why i hate reading any british sports journalist....pure sensationalism and not enough common sense , swinging from one extreme to anothertottenham didnt play particularly well against liverpool or arsenal .........tottenham arent technically gifted so dont fool yourselves in thinking they play attractive football cause they dont....they play a very English type of game
LOL at Tottenham aren't technically gifted your chatting crap now.Modric Van Der Vaart Huddlestone on their day are as technically good as Xavi Iniesta and Busquets.Gallas and Kaboul are as good technically as Pique and better than Puyol technically.Bales technique is up there with the very best.Then you've got Jenas very underrated but still a classy player.Go through Spurs whole squad and you would see that they've got players who are great technically in every single position.
What is this?!!?
Haha
Lol you telling me Gallas ain't better than Puyol.Modric will be one of the best players in the world in a couple years, i'm sure of it he would ift perfectly into Barcas side. He probably would do nearly as good of a job as Iniesta to be honest, his vision Dribbling and Passing(not so much) can match Iniestas.Lennon and Pedro is a toss up depending on what you want from a winger, although Lennon wouldn't really fit into Barcas system i can't openly say that Pedro is a far better player.Ekotto and Abidal is pretty close, Abidal is a better defender(although has been found wanting in the past), Ekotto is far better going forward.Valdes is better than Gomes, but the aforementioned is overrated and i've never particularly rated him, is just that his inefficiencies aren't easily exposed cause 9 times out of ten Barca do what they did to Madrid today and totally dominated possession meaning Valdes is rarely called upon.
aSSAASDDSDim actually in tears reading this cryingNAH HES NOT REAL, anelka allow having two accounts on some tulse movementswhat am i seeing Modric an equal to iniesta Lennon touching pedroa'/#d/ddddddying, Nah can't even believe itlol @ Mike and Cipher actually debating some of these factsyou guys should know better
You see its very well saying this sh*t, but you couldn't provide a rebuttal. You can simply laugh it off and try act like i'm stupid but i know what i'm saying anf it just proves the point that many of you need to go and understand what the word technique means in regards to football and come back to me.
You either tr0lling or your completely inept in the footballEither way i'm not arguing with you, your debate itself is on a extremely basic level. Your calling Pedro a winger mate that alone tells me that your not really on this football ting

Guest Rorschach

AlsoTechnically gifted players in the Barca first teamVillaPedroMessiXaviIniestaBusquetsAlvesPiqueSpursVDVModricHuddBaleThey aren't as technically giftedEDITwRIGHTok ok, Im done.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Pedro is completely ambidexterous, can play on either wing, is quick, technically superior to Lennon.Lennon is incredibly fast, but is otherwise average.One day I'm pretty sure his feint twice then knock it right and cross it tactics will be figured out :/As for Busquets, he forced his way into the Barcelona side that torn up La Liga all ends up and won the Champions league, with Y. Toure in the middle, and made its way to and won a further final off the strength of his performancesNot to mention the job he did keeping Wesley Sjneider completely schtum during the World Cup Final, another huge game he performed in, (and something I'm certain Huddlestone couldn't do.) Not to mention this match being the perfect demonstration of his modern sweeper role, dropping inbetween the cb's to retain posession, while Pique and Puyol moved out wide and the fullbacks pushed up.Also for the fact that Huddlestone turns like the black rock of mecca means he simply couldn't play the way Busquets plays because he can't get about to offer himself for the pass nearly quick enough.Huddlestone himself, isn't better than Carrick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVdPzZxm3o

Nope not really, the Spanish midfield did a good job of nullifying Sneidjer by constantly having the ball. Also the fact that Sneijder was playing in the hole and two very limited players in De Jong and Van Bommel behind him, who were more concerned with enacting scenes from 'Enter The Dragon'.than feeding him the ball helped. In a way the whole Spain midfield nullified Snijders thereat, it wasn't a defensive midfield master-class like Essien against Gerrard a couple years back. Sneijder still managed to influence the game though and if his through ball was finished by Robben i doubt we would be sit here talking about what a great performance Busquets had against him.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
2dmf7yd.gif
What is this?!!?
Haha
You either tr0lling or your completely inept in the footballEither way i'm not arguing with you, your debate itself is on a extremely basic level. Your calling Pedro a winger mate that alone tells me that your not really on this football ting
f*ck off then. i never called Pedro a winger it would be like calling Dirk Kuyt one, if i managed to somehow type that then its a mistake, i've played for decent academies and followed football all my life and your going to tell me i ain't on this football ting, f*ck off fam.

Guest Portuguese
Lennon is a better dribbler than Pedro.
Knocking a ball past a defender isn't dribbling.Pedro isn't a winger? SMH