Hazard on the horizon...?

Gunner

Guest Portuguese

Eden Hazard is going to be one of the best players in the world no disrespect its not going to happen playing for Arsenal.Besides Wenger missed a trick a few years ago(in other words he could of got him on the cheap when he was unknown outside France)

The situation Eden Hazard is currently in has brought about more stories than Enid Blyton and the last month or so has seen another shift in what once was seen as the guaranteed move to Arsenal from Lille. Information was made available to me in January that specified that Hazard had informally agreed terms to join Arsenal, Lille were happy to take a fee around the £15m, £16m mark and bid goodbye to one of the games brightest talents. However, his club decided to try and attract a larger sum of money and this has since pushed Arsenal right down the queue for the Belgian. Hazard’s preferred destination is Arsenal, however since being convinced into signing a new contract at Lille, Chelsea are the club that have been sniffing around with the intentions of making an offer to Lille that they can’t resist.In January Chelsea attempted to snare Hazard, but were rebuffed. To my knowledge it is Chelsea where he is most likely to end up.Earlier in the season the intentions of Lille and Eden Hazard were very clear: Eden wanted to step up to the next level and Lille liked the thought of a significant cash boost from selling their prized asset. There is no pressure from Eden for Lille to sell him and that has put them in a very strong bargaining position, with another season of Champions League football looking more than likely it makes Lille a handy place to stay until the time is right to move on. Lille also receive a significant chunk of money for participating in the competition which again lessens the need for them to sell Hazard.Arsenal still have first refusal on Eden Hazard and whenever Lille get an offer for him in the future Arsenal will have the chance to match or surpass it – it is likely the sums involved will be way out of our ballpark though.I am told that Wenger has met personally with Eden before (where the terms were discussed) with the blessing of Lille, it was seen as a right of passage when Arsenal first started getting interested in the brilliant youngster – in France playing for Arsenal is more or less seen as the pinnacle, it doesn’t really get much better.The fact that Lille have also been looking to bring Sebastian Squillaci back to France as a replacement for Adil Rami (who moves at the end of the season) would have given Arsenal a better bargaining stance, however, with Lille now looking to get in excess of £30m for Hazard Arsenal stand as weak as ever and simply wouldn’t stump up that cash – even half of it would signify a massive signing for us.Right now Arsenal stand a minute chance of signing a player Arsene Wenger rates as one of the brightest in Europe and once again a potential superstar is slipping out of our clutches. If there was one player I’d want the manager to really splash the money on it would be Eden Hazard.If I would put money on his destination it would be Chelsea, everything points to it and it fits in with the noises I have heard from some very well placed people. As we know anything can happen in football, Hazard may stay at Lille until the end of next season, or Arsenal may stump up cash they never have before, but with Roman Abramovic fueling up his tank to start ‘firing £50 notes at us’ again – as the famous David Dein quote goes.We watch with interest, but don’t watch with expectation.

The situation Eden Hazard is currently in has brought about more stories than Enid Blyton and the last month or so has seen another shift in what once was seen as the guaranteed move to Arsenal from Lille. Information was made available to me in January that specified that Hazard had informally agreed terms to join Arsenal, Lille were happy to take a fee around the £15m, £16m mark and bid goodbye to one of the games brightest talents. However, his club decided to try and attract a larger sum of money and this has since pushed Arsenal right down the queue for the Belgian. Hazard’s preferred destination is Arsenal, however since being convinced into signing a new contract at Lille, Chelsea are the club that have been sniffing around with the intentions of making an offer to Lille that they can’t resist.In January Chelsea attempted to snare Hazard, but were rebuffed. To my knowledge it is Chelsea where he is most likely to end up.Earlier in the season the intentions of Lille and Eden Hazard were very clear: Eden wanted to step up to the next level and Lille liked the thought of a significant cash boost from selling their prized asset. There is no pressure from Eden for Lille to sell him and that has put them in a very strong bargaining position, with another season of Champions League football looking more than likely it makes Lille a handy place to stay until the time is right to move on. Lille also receive a significant chunk of money for participating in the competition which again lessens the need for them to sell Hazard.Arsenal still have first refusal on Eden Hazard and whenever Lille get an offer for him in the future Arsenal will have the chance to match or surpass it – it is likely the sums involved will be way out of our ballpark though.I am told that Wenger has met personally with Eden before (where the terms were discussed) with the blessing of Lille, it was seen as a right of passage when Arsenal first started getting interested in the brilliant youngster – in France playing for Arsenal is more or less seen as the pinnacle, it doesn’t really get much better.The fact that Lille have also been looking to bring Sebastian Squillaci back to France as a replacement for Adil Rami (who moves at the end of the season) would have given Arsenal a better bargaining stance, however, with Lille now looking to get in excess of £30m for Hazard Arsenal stand as weak as ever and simply wouldn’t stump up that cash – even half of it would signify a massive signing for us.Right now Arsenal stand a minute chance of signing a player Arsene Wenger rates as one of the brightest in Europe and once again a potential superstar is slipping out of our clutches. If there was one player I’d want the manager to really splash the money on it would be Eden Hazard.If I would put money on his destination it would be Chelsea, everything points to it and it fits in with the noises I have heard from some very well placed people. As we know anything can happen in football, Hazard may stay at Lille until the end of next season, or Arsenal may stump up cash they never have before, but with Roman Abramovic fueling up his tank to start ‘firing £50 notes at us’ again – as the famous David Dein quote goes.We watch with interest, but don’t watch with expectation.
Only this stood out to me.

Guest THEREALTULSE
fam i know what you meanbut best believe you have nothing like hazard in your squad
True,But all speculation has ended on the back of Miyaichis recent rise to fame in Holland - a similar type of player who would save us having to spend out £18m when they can reach the same sort of level.Wenger doesn't buy for NOW, we know this..

And thats why we fail every year. Theres always a guy in our team better than a potential 20million signing.Hazard is the real deal I have no doubts he will be a top player, Miyachi's looks a decent player after half a season in the dutch league.

Hazard still wants to go to Arsenal. It's true that the goalposts have move hence him signing a new contract.If he is sold this summer it will be because a team like Chelsea or Man City throw a fee at Lille they can't refuse, and they push him out.IMO he will only go Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man Utd, but probaably not this summer now.

To be honest I dont think its about transfer fees... I'll explain at the end.From his own comments Hazard wants to win something with Lille, he went their at 15 from Belgium and feels some debt to them, but from a personal point of view he wants to play Champions League football.When I said the goalposts have moved I dont mean other clubs, I mean if Lille where doing sh*t, Hazard would still be certainly going to Arsenal this summer IMO and wouldn't have signed an extension.As Lille are currently top of the league, the silverware could be achieved this season, or at least Champions League ball next season (top 3 finish).The Hazard thing is, well should be a bit, hmm & meh for some Arsenal fans anyway. Yes a great player, but when I read his comments, I get the feeling his career plan was/is to go Arsenal (for say 15m) play under Wenger, raise his proflie by proving himself in a top league and display his ability in the Champions League and then go Spain, but only go Spain when he knows its to be a starter (i.e when he undisputedly worth 30m+). I think he is level headed enough to know if he went Chelsea or Man City now for stupid money and wages, it kinda makes the Spain thing harder, cos if you prove yourself here enough to move to the top Spanish two, the fees to get out of England are even more inflated, especially at them two clubs as they never need to sell.That said if he stays at Lille and Lille have a great Champions League run next year, he could earn his move to Spain via Lille and never play for Arsenal.