'Postive' Discrimination For Black English Managers?

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Supreme Allah

we had good asian football players, but none of them wanted to be in the school team for some reason

prob why i ended up on it

coach didnt even know what to do one time i was in goal

next time im defence

LOL at my casual racisim vs ur utter racisim

to an extend i see ur point about the indian lads

but tbh ive been on my jollys in Goa, Footie is a popular sport, there own league has a decent fan base and they love the premiership (mainly united sad to say)

I except that "Bend it like Beckham" could just as easily be about a Indian lad as it was a girl

Tbh the Muslim Asian community could easily penetrate the premiership, if the youngsters but their mind to it

if were gonna make close minded comments Asians think of Pakis/Muslims as the "niggers" of the Asian community

as they put more emphasis on religion than education/business acumen of Indians, Hindis etc

thats why u get people like Amir Khan coming thru that community

Guest M12 Part 2

I knew plenty of good asian ballers, the difference was that in the years that are key to getting on the right path to become a pro they didn't play at a competitive level.

A lot of their parents just didn't see football as something worth pursuing so they only started playing sunday league when they were adults.

This is basically what I mean. They don't take ball serious is the main problem. It's not that there are sick Asian ballers everywhere bein overlooked.

And man said competitive football as in 11 aside teams and academy level. Why are guys talking about goals/powerlegue and their mosque team?

I knew plenty of good asian ballers, the difference was that in the years that are key to getting on the right path to become a pro they didn't play at a competitive level.

A lot of their parents just didn't see football as something worth pursuing so they only started playing sunday league when they were adults.

This is basically what I mean. They don't take ball serious is the main problem. It's not that there are sick Asian ballers everywhere bein overlooked.

And man said competitive football as in 11 aside teams and academy level. Why are guys talking about goals/powerlegue and their mosque team?

Indians not playing ball is one of the shittest arguments. Growing up I never remember playing on road regularly with Asian youts or in organised Saturday or Sunday ball ever coming across any. Asians aren't in the Prem because hardly any of them take ball remotely seriously, it's not some secret society designed to keep them out.

C'mon bro.

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

Yeah I said I don't remember coming across any either for a Sunday team or at any other competitive level I played at. Thats fact.

Neither do I'd remember regularly playing with or against Asian youts on road or places like goals. It wasn't the norm and I cant recall any Asian players I've played with at any level and been thinking rah this guys sick.

• 2 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14166364.stm

The appointment of Michael Emenalo as Chelsea's technical director sees him become one of a very small number of black people working in coaching and management in professional football.

BBC Sport's Leon Mann looks into why ethnic minorities are so under-represented in the industry, at a special event set up by the Black and Asian Coaches Association.

Supported by campaigning groups Kick It Out and the Martin Shaw King Trust, the day was organised with the intention of encouraging more Black and Asian people to develop their coaching careers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Portuguese

The PFA are investigating forcing clubs to put black candidates on shortlists for managerial vacancies.

Since Paul Ince left Notts County in April, only two of the 92 English league teams have black managers, Chris Powell at Charlton and Birmingham's Chris Hughton.

Discussions with the men who brought about the implementation of the 'Rooney Rule' in the United States, credited with getting the NFL to a position where two black coaches faced each other in last season's Super Bowl, are at an early stage, with further talks are planned.

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor feels it is an avenue that has to be explored.

'In football terms, we are the most cosmopolitan country in the world,' observed Taylor. 'There is no distinction between colour, creed, nationality or background.

'However, the PFA spends a lot of money training players for the future and understandably, one of the most obvious areas of interest is coaching and management. For some reason the number of black people who actually get a chance in this area is very small.'

Twenty years ago, Cyrille Regis and Luther Blissett did not try to carve out a career in management because they did not feel they would get a proper chance.

'In 2011, it is in no-one's interests for potential managers to be put off for similar reasons. We will not be taking this off our agenda.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2034721/PFA-want-force-clubs-interview-black-managers.html#ixzz1XHitmLdP

been all over twitter today

The PFA are investigating forcing clubs to put black candidates on shortlists for managerial vacancies.

Since Paul Ince left Notts County in April, only two of the 92 English league teams have black managers, Chris Powell at Charlton and Birmingham's Chris Hughton.

Discussions with the men who brought about the implementation of the 'Rooney Rule' in the United States, credited with getting the NFL to a position where two black coaches faced each other in last season's Super Bowl, are at an early stage, with further talks are planned.

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor feels it is an avenue that has to be explored.

'In football terms, we are the most cosmopolitan country in the world,' observed Taylor. 'There is no distinction between colour, creed, nationality or background.

'However, the PFA spends a lot of money training players for the future and understandably, one of the most obvious areas of interest is coaching and management. For some reason the number of black people who actually get a chance in this area is very small.'

Twenty years ago, Cyrille Regis and Luther Blissett did not try to carve out a career in management because they did not feel they would get a proper chance.

'In 2011, it is in no-one's interests for potential managers to be put off for similar reasons. We will not be taking this off our agenda.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1XHitmLdP

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=green+bay+packers+head+coach&view=detail&id=DCB86F2033ADFB7B87D6B9A65C71C3C8CD4405E2&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

The figures explode the myth that black ex-players aren't getting manager jobs because they can't be bothered to study for Uefa Pro License

Actually, nearly half of the 72 managers in the Football League do not hold a Pro License.

Even more shockingly, nearly 10% of Football League managers have no coaching qualification at all.

Ollie Holt -

That is fucking shocking.

LOL at ever blaming an influx of foreign players for ruining English ones. Don't even have managers with coaching qualification.