The Summer Transfer Thread

Guest M12 Part 2

Neymar is obviously talented but he's another robinho story. He's had a life where people pander To his every need. He won't cope in England when people strt to say it's his fault games aren't being won and he can't do what he wants and get the manager sacked if they disagree or play him out of his favoured position.

• Upvote 1

Guest Klitschko
If he comes to England he = Robhino, possibly worse because he wouldn't have had the chance to develop around some of the best players in the world as Robbo did.I really think somewhere like Valencia would be good for him, where he could be guaranteed to play a good number of games, in a good team, where his footballing ability could flourish & he could see European competition.
I demand to know why I was negged twice for this.
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

I actually agree with that he needs a bridging move to Spain or Italy. Before he makes a big one. Maybe a villareal, Valencia, roma, juventus etc. The teams that are good enough they can be top 5 or 6. But without the expectancy to win every game and win the league and CL an environment where inconsistency will be tolerated a bit more but he's still playing with better players week in week out.Edit: thinking about It Porto would be ideal.

Neymar should definitely come to England first, actually changed my opinion on this. I think the only reason Robinho couldn't hack it because he'd already experienced La Liga and for his type of player, to come to a extremely fast. Plus physical league is hard. Plus in england petulant nature is not put up with, Ronaldo was pratically a saint in his later Utd days to when he first arrived.Robinho never really grew up as Madrid back then was more of a cirucs than it is now, changing managers every minute,players turning upto training when the feel like it..how can any player gain discipline in that enviroment. However if Robinho would have made that move to Arsenal instead of Madrid and then moved on he would of probably achieved the greatness that he was destined for. Would have gained the same mental and physical attitude that Ronaldo has now, which is why Ronaldo is totally unplayable against in La Liga (Practically) amongst other attritubes.Its not even the whole diving and cuntish behaviour, its more to do with throwing your weight about, riding the challenging, the sort of things you probably wouldn't learn about in Spain.

Guest Portuguese
Neymar should definitely come to England first, actually changed my opinion on this. I think the only reason Robinho couldn't hack it because he'd already experienced La Liga and for his type of player, to come to a extremely fast. Plus physical league is hard. Plus in england petulant nature is not put up with, Ronaldo was pratically a saint in his later Utd days to when he first arrived.Robinho never really grew up as Madrid back then was more of a cirucs than it is now, changing managers every minute,players turning upto training when the feel like it..how can any player gain discipline in that enviroment. However if Robinho would have made that move to Arsenal instead of Madrid and then moved on he would of probably achieved the greatness that he was destined for. Would have gained the same mental and physical attitude that Ronaldo has now, which is why Ronaldo is totally unplayable against in La Liga (Practically) amongst other attritubes.Its not even the whole diving and cuntish behaviour, its more to do with throwing your weight about, riding the challenging, the sort of things you probably wouldn't learn about in Spain.
I fully agree with everything you said about Robinho.Apart from the fact he should of gone to the premiership straight from South America.I thought he was going to leave when Diego left for Porto because PSV wanted him but he stayed and his price tag rocketed which meant PSV couldn't compete anymore.Apart from Juninho Paulista which player has been a success in the prem straight from SA(attack minded players before Gilberto Silva's name gets mentioned)The last part about not being able to learn to ride challenges in Spain I am really not sure about that because there is a lot of players who have been brought up in La Liga are capable

Guest Portuguese

Neymar and Robinho are not the same in the sense Neymar is twice the player Robinho was at 19(Robinho was a major problem)Apart from Veron none of the world's best have ever come to the Prem at the peak of the powers.So all this rubbish about a certain player has to come to the prem to become a great is meh

Guest Portuguese

Quicker,both footed,better football brain,goal threat,end productBut Robinho was more exciting because he had the skills/stepoversIts only when he turned 21 he started scoring goals and added more to his game which was under Luxemburgo.

Guest Portuguese

Neymar: Top talent linked with Chelsea but there has been no fresh offer for the Santos starletNeymar's chief representative Wagner Ribeiro has rubbished claims that Chelsea have lodged a fresh offer for the Santos starlet. Sky BetSky Bet are offering everyone a Free £5 Bet Claim your free bet now The 19-year-old is widely regarded as the best young player in the world, and Santos have already fended off bids of around £30million.Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona have been tracking him for a number of years, and reports claim that the Premier League side had made a fresh approach.But Ribeiro has been quick to slam the suggestions, telling Brazil Marca: "This is all speculation from Britain. It is absurd."In August Santos refused a proposal of €35million, how is that Roman Abramovich would now offer €26million? It makes no sense and makes me laugh."Neymar is currently starring for Santos in the Copa Libertadores and has helped them into the final after which he will link up with Brazil for the Copa America.HappyAnd Ribeiro insists he is happy, adding: "He does not, and will not, leave Santos, he is happy and focussed on the Libertadores."Of course he will arouse interest, that is just natural because of his performances on the field - but I guarantee you there is no proposal for him."Ribeiro revealed that €45million would be enough to land Neymar, but Santos would again have to be willing to sell."You have to pay €45million for him, yet Santos have to want to sell and now Santos do not want to.

I think Robinho could have done well here had he stuck it out.He was killing it when he first came but he was less effective in away games, it takes most a full season to adapt.
Tim Vicerky said plenty of times on his podcast that he just didnt enjoy life in Englandplus he struggled alot with the training @ Citehhence why in some matches he'd stroll around in a stropgoal @ 5:33 was sublime!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTNm_uTpL0

Guest FA23

man city definitely wernt the right team for robinho,had he gone chelsea he would be still there now and be one of the best players in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are strong rumours going about that City are about to make two massive signings, one of which will have a transfer fee of £80 million and said player will be on 300k a week after tax.Anybody heard anything?*awaits one particular person*

One of the players City are moving for is meant to be a marquee signing, with little resale value.Redknapp has commented on it

"The man from Abu Dhabi has got so much money, I mean, it isn't like money to him is it? That is the key," said Redknapp. "They tell me they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out.

Guest FA23

redknapp said that a while ago as another excuse for why we cant compete.I think it will be Sanchez and someone like Kaka or IbrahimovicAlthough lombardo has said

Lombardo, one of City boss Roberto Mancini's trusted right-hand men, revealed that the club have a long-standing interest in Napoli's highly-rated trio of Edinson Cavani, Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi.He also admitted that he hoped City could strike a deal to sign one of them in the near future."I hope there can be some negotiations between Napoli and Manchester City, especially as I'd see one of their three forwards would really suit City," said Lombardo."The trio of Edinson Cavani, Marek Hamsik and Ezequiel Lavezzi would bring success to any club."Napoli have very strong players, but I doubt they'd release Hamsik and Cavani at the same time."Manchester City are tracking many players because this club wants to do well, to win and to become the most important side in Europe. Napoli have good players, so that is why we are looking at them."