The Summer Transfer Thread

Guest Portuguese

Malaga claim they are closing in on the capture of Dutch veteran Ruud van Nistelrooy on a free transfer.The former Manchester United ace is set to depart Hamburg this summer after 18 months at the Bundesliga club.A number of parties are thought to be interested in the 34-year-old, who was the target of former employers Real Madrid in the January transfer window.But Malaga director Antonio Fernandez believes Van Nistelrooy could be tempted to the Primera Liga club after talking with the striker."We are interested in Ruud van Nistelrooy and as far as I am concerned it looks promising," Fernandez told Spanish newspaper Marca."We have yet to receive the word of the player. However, he likes our offer."If a move to Malaga materialised, Van Nistelrooy would link up with manager Manuel Pellegrino, who was in charge at Real Madrid during his stint at the Bernabeu

Yohan Cabaye confirms he is leaving Lille and is on his way to Newcastle for €5m
:oJoey7Barton Joseph Barton
I cant sign a contract if am not offered one?I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?.......slight problem is, they dont want to spend any money or pay any wages. Its genius really ha haI am an employee so have to be careful here. Everyone knows i'd love to stay, i get on with Pardew fine and are dressing room is 1st class..if am not offered a new contract, my hands are tied. I will continue to do everything in my power to bring a trophy to St James next seasonCabaye = happy days.........keep spending. Teams win trophies not individuals tweeps

Yohan Cabaye has confirmed he will be signing for us. We activated 5mil a release clause.Also made enquires for Gameiro and Gervinho, but they have their hearts set on Arsenal and Valencia respectively.Enrique will be offered a new contract, but we're already lining up Mbengue as his replacement.First window in years that we've had some positive activity!

QPR boss plots double swoop on SpursNeil Warnock is making a double raid on Tottenham for Sheffield United old boys Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton.The QPR boss wants to sign the defenders on loan as he prepares for life in the Premier League.Walker, 21, spent the first half of this season at Loftus Road, and will be offered the chance to return.Naughton, 22, impressed on loan at Leicester last season and Sven Goran Eriksson wants him.http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-transfer-news-Neil-Warnock-plots-double-swoop-for-Tottenham-duo-Kyle-Walker-and-Kyle-Naughton-article743064.html
Would like to see this happen but know its The Mirror waffling

Houllier is gonna go, should be announced tomorrow.Ancelotti, Rafa, Hughes, Moyes, Sanchez Flores all in the frame. And that is the order of my preference.
True he being forced but it will be dressed as mutual?
Forced is probably too strong a word, ushered more appropriate - but yeah.

Guest FA23
QPR boss plots double swoop on SpursNeil Warnock is making a double raid on Tottenham for Sheffield United old boys Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton.The QPR boss wants to sign the defenders on loan as he prepares for life in the Premier League.Walker, 21, spent the first half of this season at Loftus Road, and will be offered the chance to return.Naughton, 22, impressed on loan at Leicester last season and Sven Goran Eriksson wants him.http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/QPR-transfer-news-Neil-Warnock-plots-double-swoop-for-Tottenham-duo-Kyle-Walker-and-Kyle-Naughton-article743064.html
Would like to see this happen but know its The Mirror waffling
not a chance in getting walker, you should get naughton tho.

Guest Portuguese

Hamburg want him and Bruma.Arnesen is fully going in.He has poached three scouts and is closing in on deals for Mancienne/Bruma also tried to sign Anelka's love child(McEahran) but failedMancienne being a success in the Bundesliga? I doubt it I think Bruma if he goes there will do well.Juve have confirmed Antonio Conte as their new coach(it will end in tears)

Guest Portuguese

Chelsea central defender Michael Mancienne is reported to be undergoing a medical at Hamburg ahead of a move to the Bundesliga.Hamburg are on the verge of wrapping up a deal to sign the England Under-21 international, according to Sky Sports sources.Former Chelsea technical director Frank Arnesen has helped set up the deal after recently becoming sporting director at Hamburg.Mancienne is thought to have agreed a four-year deal to join Hamburg and he has been given special permission to fly from England Under-21s' Euro 2011 training camp to tie up the move.Mancienne, who has come through the youth ranks at Chelsea, has struggled to establish himself in the first-team at Stamford Bridge.The 23-year-old has spent the last two seasons on loan at Wolves after making just two Premier League starts in the Chelsea side.