UEFA EURO U21's 2011

mp*

Guest Portuguese

Wilshere would of made a big difference!Carroll would of made England play more long balls than they didJones/Smalling>>>I hope Dortmund get 50m pounds for GotzeThiago/Ander/Martinez as a trio!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh yeah, what does Henderson ACTUALLY do?On a level..
Pass the ball side ways and backwards when he does make a forward pass he gives away possession.Seen him play for Sunderland a few times,his debut for the senior team,this tournament.He reminds me of Phil Neville when he plays he in midfield20m WOW
FamI just don't understand what sort of midfielder he is. His long passing is poor, he don't seem like he poses much of a goal threat, he doesn't offer a defensive presence:/[Trim]Who is he? Why is he here?[/Trim]/In saying that it's hard to look good playing for England, be easier to make judgement after a season at Liverpool

Being English and being able to pass a ball here and there = being valued 20-30 mil
He was awful all tournament but in his defence he was played far too deep by Pearce, his best work for Sunderland has been in the final third.He isn't comfortable bringing the ball out from the back, he was hiding.
Where's he going to play for you guys? Is he actually a CM or a deep lying playmaker? I know he was played out on the right for Sunderland alot. Is this going to the same case for Liverpool?
1 secLet him just bell Kenny

You have to blame Pearce for the midfielders imo u could see by watching the game, they set up to have the two CM's sitting with little license to move fwd..Total opposite to how Harry plays the same formation, as Modric gets really advanced in all areas of the pitch leaving Palacios or Sandro deep in the centre, thats why you have to rate Harry for being so ambitous at times even thoe they concedeHenderson for Sunderland joined in with the lone striker and when he played RM he would put crosses in and arrive late in the box, Perace played him too deep and he didnt look live having the passing repertoire to create from deep... Henderson is a decent 1 touch n 2 touch player, he can pass n move but the setup restricted him, but he was very poor

Being English and being able to pass a ball here and there = being valued 20-30 mil
He was awful all tournament but in his defence he was played far too deep by Pearce, his best work for Sunderland has been in the final third.He isn't comfortable bringing the ball out from the back, he was hiding.
Where's he going to play for you guys? Is he actually a CM or a deep lying playmaker? I know he was played out on the right for Sunderland alot. Is this going to the same case for Liverpool?
Just got off the blower to Kenny and he said he'll likely be playing on the right side of midfield or off the front man, he reckons he's best suited to a role higher up the pitch and said Pearce missed a trick by playing him so deep.

Just got off the blower to Kenny and he said he'll likely be playing on the right side of midfield or off the front man, he reckons he's best suited to a role higher up the pitch and said Pearce missed a trick by playing him so deep.
Nah Henderson has been best on the right for Sunderland in the past, he doesn't have the technical attributes to play behind the striker.

I do think people are being too harsh on Henderson. But that is typical England fan mentality. He created 86 goal scoring chances for Sunderland last season, mainly playing on the right? He will play in a better team and develop under better coaches. Poor tournament, but he isn't the first/last person in an England shirt to do that. And the comparison of a european equivalent going for less money is futile. We purchased Xabi Alonso for £10 million yet Carrick was purchased for £18. We know you pay premium for English, it is the way it is. I wouldn't judge many a player from this team based on these 3 games playing under Pearce./LMFAO PEARCE GOT A NEW CONTRACT?!?Cool.

• Upvote 1

Yeah no doubt, don't think that makes Henderson as poor as people make out, Phil Neville comparisons?! And I don't agree with his fee of 16 million, yet at the same time, if he is becomes an important part of our team in 3 years when he is 23, then whatever. If he doesn't then I will bemoan the fee.

I do think people are being too harsh on Henderson. But that is typical England fan mentality. He created 86 goal scoring chances for Sunderland last season, mainly playing on the right? He will play in a better team and develop under better coaches. Poor tournament, but he isn't the first/last person in an England shirt to do that. And the comparison of a european equivalent going for less money is futile. We purchased Xabi Alonso for £10 million yet Carrick was purchased for £18. We know you pay premium for English, it is the way it is. I wouldn't judge many a player from this team based on these 3 games playing under Pearce./LMFAO PEARCE GOT A NEW CONTRACT?!?Cool.
That chances created stat is bullshit, go and check the other top 5 players on the list and ask yourself if you would have them at Liverpool for 15-20 million.

He's been abysmal, for the U21's. A 20 million pound player should be at least showing a range of attributes to justify his price tag for players in his own age range, never mind the rigours of Premier League. He's done nothing, the games have bypassed him, he hasn't put in a tackle, been slow, hasn't demanded the ball, nothing going forward or creative. Just the dreaded side way passes is all we've seen.

Guest M12 Part 2
sterling was a sick sick yout before he joined you lot allow it
Might as well say Jordan Henderson came from your academy too. :D
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1