UEFA EURO U21's 2011

mp*

cool 19 years old nearly 50 matcheseven that doesn't change the fact u need to look at the individualand anyone can see that hes fully burnt outto be fair, anyone see that u21 specialBig Sam was talking some sense for a changeas long as people like Wil, and Carroll are given a chance to recoup with the proper medical advise from clubsdont maybe have an intense training etc etcit shouldn't be a big problem

As for Wilshere tbh the guy is a prick.
not reallyhes a patriotic englishman, who fully committed nd aint gonna cry off from thiswe need a team of wilsheresits not ideal but he will be fine
  • Downvote 1

Tbh burnout doesn't apply to wilshere. People need to stop bein bitches. The only players who can cite burnout are the ones who's clubs are fighting in lots of different competitions right up until the end of the season. Arsenal haven't been involved in anything except the league for a while. And on top of that under 21 football is not the same intensity as the world cup or real euros and it's not in a hot country either.if he can't pull himself together to play this and next season back to back he needs to join the ben foster crew. People need to stop treating players like little girls.
So if you're not challenging for multiple trophies fatigue doesn't count?Michael Owen is a prime example of what can happen if you play a youngster too much in his early days, we ran him into the ground and as a result his knees were f*cked by the time he hit 25. To an extent we also did the same with Fowler.Wenger is right to be cautious about Wilshere playing too many games.

As for Wilshere tbh the guy is a prick.
not reallyhes a patriotic englishman, who fully committed nd aint gonna cry off from thiswe need a team of wilsheresits not ideal but he will be fine
I hate it when people say that. This weekend just watch how Wilshere plays. The guy is gone, against Villa for like 10 minutes i just watched him and what he did, its all sloppy and lethargic. Usually the fear is players hit a break wall after a long season & tournament, my man is going into the tournament already face to face with said wall.Flojo don't entertain M12. We all know if it was a United player the tune would be different.

Guest M12 Part 2
Tbh burnout doesn't apply to wilshere. People need to stop bein bitches. The only players who can cite burnout are the ones who's clubs are fighting in lots of different competitions right up until the end of the season. Arsenal haven't been involved in anything except the league for a while. And on top of that under 21 football is not the same intensity as the world cup or real euros and it's not in a hot country either.if he can't pull himself together to play this and next season back to back he needs to join the ben foster crew. People need to stop treating players like little girls.
So if you're not challenging for multiple trophies fatigue doesn't count?Michael Owen is a prime example of what can happen if you play a youngster too much in his early days, we ran him into the ground and as a result his knees were f*cked by the time he hit 25. To an extent we also did the same with Fowler.Wenger is right to be cautious about Wilshere playing too many games.
Arsenal have been playing 1 game a week since Barca knocked them out of CL which was the start of March. If a professional footballer cant handle 1 match a week a there is a fundamental problem. Arsenal's season has been winding down for a long enough time and will continue to until these euro championships start. Also football is very much a squad game, Arsenal arent a team with a bare bones sqaud that have to play the same 11 every week without fail. Like i said people are molly-coddling him like say hes a child.Different people are different its stupid to say michael owens injuries are just because of overuse, You dont know him, his body or how the medical staff at liverpool treated him. His injuries could be down to a number of things and one thing a lot of people seem to forget is football players dont play if they dont want to! If youre 50% fit ultimately you're the one that says gaffer i can go out and play or im not ready.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's 19 years old in his first season and he's played 50 games, how can you say because they weren't challenging for trophies the games aren't relevant to his fatigue?His muscles don't know whether he's playing Barcelona or Wrexham. As for Michael Owenarticle-0-0BFC4AB300000578-827_634x699.jpg

Guest Portuguese

The likes of Thiago,Canales and even Bojan(if considered) are going to be fresh.I feel for Wilshere he can't win whatever he decides(didn't Bentley pull out in the 07 edition?)

Guest M12 Part 2

You took 1 point from those 3 games too was that fatigue TF?02 Sat Barclays Premier League H Blackburn Rovers 0 0 10 Sun Barclays Premier League A Blackpool 3 1 17 Sun Barclays Premier League H Liverpool 1 1 20 Wed Barclays Premier League A Tottenham Hotspur 3 3 24 Sun Barclays Premier League A Bolton Wanderers 1 2Manchester Uniteds fixtures looked like this though and we still held it down. Biggest bottlers in world football09 Apr Barclays Premier League Fulham H 15:00 2 - 012 Apr UEFA Champions League Chelsea H 19:45 2 - 116 Apr FA Cup Man City N 17:15 0 - 119 Apr Barclays Premier League Newcastle United A 19:45 0 - 023 Apr Barclays Premier League Everton H 12:45 1 - 026 Apr UEFA Champions League Schalke A 19:45 2 - 0and flojo burning out after 1 season is different to playing back to back tournaments like owen is talking about

He's played 50 games this season then he goes into the U21 tournament then into next season and then it's Euro 2012 afterwards then into 2012-13 season.It's exactly what Owen is talking about. His body is still adjusting to the demands of playing week in week out, like Owen said it's likely it will catch up with him at some point.

The likes of Thiago,Canales and even Bojan(if considered) are going to be fresh.I feel for Wilshere he can't win whatever he decides(didn't Bentley pull out in the 07 edition?)
Yes Bentley did, "I think it is for the betterment of my career, I owe a lot to the Blackburn fans too and they are paying the money to watch me week-in and week-out. I love playing for England, I love my country; every time I step out on the pitch I give my all for anyone I play for. If you look at my under-21s career I have never not given my all for it. I had three decisions; the club could have pulled me out, I could have pulled myself out or I could have faked an injury. I am an honest lad, I'm not a robot and I wanted to give my decision and my opinion on it. I've never come off a 60-game season and then gone straight into another one, I was alien to it. It wasn't a rash decision, I asked senior players at England 'what do you feel like come October or November?' They said 'you hit a brick wall'. They also said 'if you want to be firing and you want to make a push for the European Championships next year then I really think you have got to think long and hard'."

You took 1 point from those 3 games too was that fatigue TF?02 Sat Barclays Premier League H Blackburn Rovers 0 0 10 Sun Barclays Premier League A Blackpool 3 1 17 Sun Barclays Premier League H Liverpool 1 1 20 Wed Barclays Premier League A Tottenham Hotspur 3 3 24 Sun Barclays Premier League A Bolton Wanderers 1 2Manchester Uniteds fixtures looked like this though and we still held it down. Biggest bottlers in world football09 Apr Barclays Premier League Fulham H 15:00 2 - 012 Apr UEFA Champions League Chelsea H 19:45 2 - 116 Apr FA Cup Man City N 17:15 0 - 119 Apr Barclays Premier League Newcastle United A 19:45 0 - 023 Apr Barclays Premier League Everton H 12:45 1 - 026 Apr UEFA Champions League Schalke A 19:45 2 - 0and flojo burning out after 1 season is different to playing back to back tournaments like owen is talking about
Don't understand the relevance of this point. Lol.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Like the top Brazilians.For example someone like Neymar(same age as Wilshere) has played about 70 games already in a yearBrazilian NationalBrasil CopaSao Paulo StateCopa LibSAM 20'sSo imagine these players playing in Brazil play ball all year round no break then they move to europe peak for a few years then start to decline little by little.

Guest Portuguese
Yes Bentley did, "I think it is for the betterment of my career, I owe a lot to the Blackburn fans too and they are paying the money to watch me week-in and week-out. I love playing for England, I love my country; every time I step out on the pitch I give my all for anyone I play for. If you look at my under-21s career I have never not given my all for it. I had three decisions; the club could have pulled me out, I could have pulled myself out or I could have faked an injury. I am an honest lad, I'm not a robot and I wanted to give my decision and my opinion on it. I've never come off a 60-game season and then gone straight into another one, I was alien to it. It wasn't a rash decision, I asked senior players at England 'what do you feel like come October or November?' They said 'you hit a brick wall'. They also said 'if you want to be firing and you want to make a push for the European Championships next year then I really think you have got to think long and hard'."
+1

wenger is a foolshould of rested him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

not for englandbut for his career he knows hes going u21s hes gnna need him more next season and he will prob go eurosso why not rest the kid a bit ? why start him every game.... give him a couple games off here and therecould of also gave him a break after we beat chelsea 2 weeks off from training and that....../if busquets goes wenger should stfu

Might be because we have needed him to play during the course of the season.Wenger is going to rest him.... He has never suggested otherwise, but the idea we should rest him for England Under 21s to use him in the summer is laughable.