WHOAG

n/a

Realest thing he wrote...

Wenger is still the right man for the job but he needs proper backing and I do feel that sometimes he needs a good shaking.
Disgraceful thing he wrote...
Real fans don't give a hoot about debts.
However if I go through the article, point by point, its hilarious or premature. But hey he does it every year, then at some point he'll get behind the team and ignore the comments he made (I'm sure if I looked I bet Wright was one of those saying Nasri wasn't good enough a year ago), and then he'll sh*t on the team again.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, Arsenal’s second-largest stockholder, spent 952,000 pounds ($1.5 million) to buy 68 more shares in the North London-based soccer team and edge closer to a 30 percent holding.The purchase from an individual stockholder yesterday, at 14,000 pounds a share, comes after the close of an offer Usmanov made to Arsenal shareholders at the same price in May. The purchase was announced on website of the Plus exchange, where Arsenal is listed.The price was higher than the 11,750-pound offer that majority owner Stan Kroenke made after buying about 30 percent of the club’s stock from former directors Nina Bracewell-Smith and Danny Fiszman. Usmanov has increased his stake to more than 29 percent from 27.4 percent since making his share offer. Kroenke holds about 67 percent.A 30 percent stake would give Usmanov the same access to management accounts as any Arsenal director. Usmanov, who hasn’t been given a seat on the Premier League team’s board, has criticized the club for not spending more money on strengthening the squad. His offer to underwrite a rights offer of shares was rejected by the club in July 2009.Kroenke didn’t immediately respond to a voicemail seeking comment.He and Usmanov have been battling for control of Arsenal, a 13-time English league champion. Usmanov told Bloomberg News he’s not willing to sell his shares to the American, who has interests in a range of U.S. sports teams including the National Football League’s St. Louis Rams and basketball’s Denver Nuggets.Usmanov said Kroenke has declined to meet with him and discuss his plans for the club. Arsenal supporters have started to complain about a lack of investment in a team that hasn’t won a trophy since 2005.Usmanov first took a stake in the club in 2007, when he bought 15 percent for 75 million pounds from former board member David Dein.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-07/arsenal-s-usmanov-pays-1-5-million-for-shares-nears-30-percent-stake.html?

Realest thing he wrote...
Wenger is still the right man for the job but he needs proper backing and I do feel that sometimes he needs a good shaking.
Disgraceful thing he wrote...
Real fans don't give a hoot about debts.
However if I go through the article, point by point, its hilarious or premature. But hey he does it every year, then at some point he'll get behind the team and ignore the comments he made (I'm sure if I looked I bet Wright was one of those saying Nasri wasn't good enough a year ago), and then he'll sh*t on the team again.
In all fair to the debt comment he adds depth when he quotes United taking massive debt and the fans concerns with that, but how their debt hasn't effected their own field performance while ours has dramatically.What makes me laugh is that surely if we as a club start to get left behind by our rivals then surely that undermines the whole purpose of moving to the Emirates in the first place.Real fans care about the state of their club, financially and competitively. When the balance says to far to one side that's when there's a problem.

In all fair to the debt comment he adds depth when he quotes United taking massive debt and the fans concerns with that, but how their debt hasn't effected their own field performance while ours has dramatically.What makes me laugh is that surely if we as a club start to get left behind by our rivals then surely that undermines the whole purpose of moving to the Emirates in the first place.Real fans care about the state of their club, financially and competitively. When the balance says to far to one side that's when there's a problem.
Where was the depth? Lol. He said...
Man Utd have also been in three Champions League finals in the last few years and have won Premier League trophies and FA Cups. Man Utd may have debts but I tell you this, if the club suddenly went on the market, it would be sold within a week. Would that happen with Arsenal? I'm not so sure.Real fans don't give a hoot about debts. They pay a lot of money to come through the gates and they don't want to see their heroes passing them on the way out.
Pompey won the FA Cup... The club got sold about 4 times. There real fans care about debts. Lol at Arsenal not being able to be sold, when it has just been sold. He was chatting shite, and sometimes I dont think he even thinks out what he is saying when he is saying it...Not really as still being at Highbury, would have meant the finanical divide would be even worse with no light at the end of the tunnel. Emirates is suppose to bring us to equal financial power as Manchester United eventually. However the billionaire owner is not something any stadium and its revenue can match, hence why Dein went looking for billionaires...This we can agree on.

Smh.In a time (now) when Arsenal fans are crying out for Arsenal to do a little bit more, to hopefully guarantee us getting past the post (i.e many say we should have got Samba in January) we should look at Wiltord like this...Wiltord was an expensive luxury - 13m, he didn't walk into the team, infact he struggled to get in, hence him being forced out to the right wing a lot for game time (we had Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu, etc), he never individually proved his transfer fee, and left for free...Poor business from a financial point of view, and as a player he is no Samir Nasri thats for sure, but...Honours With ArsenalWinner FA Premier League: 2001/02, 2003/04 FA Cup: 2002, 2003 FA Community Shield: 2002Runner-up FA Premier League: 2000/01, 2002/03 FA Cup: 2001 FA Community Shield: 2003Plus I'll repeat... He did this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEB2lVaUNmI&feature=related

:D
calm down mate was any tap-in
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Arsène Wenger says he is working “long nights” to bring the right players to Arsenal.The manager says he understands the impatience from the fans to see new arrivals at Emirates Stadium but, as ever, he is waiting for his moment.Wenger confirmed that striker Gervinho is close to completing his move to the Gunners from Lille. And the 61-year-old is doing all he can to add “one or two” more players to the Arsenal ranks.“We are working very hard on it,” he told Arsenal.com. “For me, the best thing is not to talk too much about it. The more you speak about things, the less chance you have to achieve them. The only thing that I can promise you is that we will work very hard and we have had some long nights to achieve what we want to achieve.“I can understand [the impatience among the fans]. Believe me, I know all the clubs in the world and everybody needs the same players for the same positions. If there were an obvious choice, people would have already made their decisions. We are at the top level and therefore need exceptional quality to strengthen our side. I can understand that people say ‘you have money, just go out and buy’. But it’s not only that, we want to find the quality we need. “I have said many times that we were very close to winning things last season, despite the disappointment we had at the end. I hope that provokes a response from my players. We were so close this time we want to come back and achieve it.“My responsibility is first of all not to lose players and then to add and make us stronger. “Let’s hope we can bring in one or two more additions of top quality.”
one or two more ffswe were close we were so close we ended up fourth

get mesounds like after foreheadhe thinks he can keep both cesc and nas andso its gonna be another cb and poss lb or defensive midfielder (if song going ANC)smhdoes he not look at fergie, who has already spalshed out on 3 expensive signings, after just playing in a CL final and won the league....and thnk its time to up the ante

• 1 month later...

Forgive me if I'm wrong but,Isn't it an ambition of a shareholder to maximise profits? the current board are doing that so where are we going wrong?It's not blame the board, it's blame your own shareholders who dont want money spent and like the business to be run at boiling point, If it explodes...then we rebuild the infastructureMany firms out there are using machinary well past its sellby date because it still does the job, the pressure might make the tin rattle on the top and steam comes out but it still usable.Untill it explodes we'll keep running with the same sh*t.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1