Blackberry

slickesrickes

You got a video of the webkit browser in action?

I saw it on crackberry.com if u scroll down on their main page to tuesday's posts you will be able to see it there, it was a bit bait though cause they were running it off WIFi and the video was pre-recorded rather than it being a live demo.

How did you manage to get your hotmail to push (like steps settings etc). I mean iphone can't even handle hotmail.

I have my hotmail on my bb but I am subject to 15min delays for receiving emails on my bb, not a huge deal but I would prefer if my hotmail was an instant push so someone please show me how. (I have heard something about needing to upgrade to a hotmail plus account in order to enable this).

My gmail push and reconciliation works perfect on my bb though.

How did you manage to get your hotmail to push (like steps settings etc). I mean iphone can't even handle hotmail.

I have my hotmail on my bb but I am subject to 15min delays for receiving emails on my bb, not a huge deal but I would prefer if my hotmail was an instant push so someone please show me how. (I have heard something about needing to upgrade to a hotmail plus account in order to enable this).

Seen I didn't realise the iphone couldn't handle push for hotmail.

To get near realtime reconcillation you need change the microsoft mobile services protocol, I did it on a blackberry 9700 so i presume the procedure is the same for all BB's running OS 5.0+. I personally didn't have to upgrade to a hotmail plus account, just using the bog standard hotmail email address i've had for years.

Basically you go to your carriers BIS email account page so for me i'm on o2 it is www.o2email.co.uk

under your hotmail account select edit

Scroll down and you should have an option to that says "change protocol"

Change to the mobile services protocol provided by microsoft

And thats it you done, it will give you some warning that once you make the change you can't change back, just accept that.

Your get a confirmation email saying you will start receving new emails in 20mins you know the same message you get when you resend service books and thats that.

You will be get one-way reconcillation so any email you read on your phone and email you delete on your phone will be read and deleted in your hotmail inbox, it doesn't work the other way i'm afraid.

poynt is very good

i have:

poynt

opera mini

google quick search

google maps

weathereye

ubertwitter

facebook

time mobile

business week mobile

guardian

scoremobile

quickpull

whatsapp

nimbuzz

bbm

gt blackjack

chess

natwest mobile money

All get heavy use tbh and id reccomend them because theyre all of a good quality.

Seen I didn't realise the iphone couldn't handle push for hotmail.

To get near realtime reconcillation you need change the microsoft mobile services protocol, I did it on a blackberry 9700 so i presume the procedure is the same for all BB's running OS 5.0+. I personally didn't have to upgrade to a hotmail plus account, just using the bog standard hotmail email address i've had for years.

Basically you go to your carriers BIS email account page so for me i'm on o2 it is www.o2email.co.uk

under your hotmail account select edit

Scroll down and you should have an option to that says "change protocol"

Change to the mobile services protocol provided by microsoft

And thats it you done, it will give you some warning that once you make the change you can't change back, just accept that.

Your get a confirmation email saying you will start receving new emails in 20mins you know the same message you get when you resend service books and thats that.

You will be get one-way reconcillation so any email you read on your phone and email you delete on your phone will be read and deleted in your hotmail inbox, it doesn't work the other way i'm afraid.

Cheers for that dude. I am gonna test whether this works after 20 mins. Here's hoping.

By the way mate. Iphone doesn't support hotmail push infact it doesn't even support push in the true extent. Not one email account pushed to my phone in real time. Gmail, yahoo all them there would be a lag period of typically a few minutes because there is no mail server like with bb's delivering to your phone and finally here is the kicker...

Iphone doesn't support hotmail at all unless you have an msn plus account or use an app called mboxmail which is shite to use and doesn't notify you when you have new messages you have to pull the messages to see a mail count notification. ithat isn't apple or iphones fault. It is because typically only msn plus accounts can forward mail to another address and only rim have an agreement with microsoft that allows all msn and hotmail accounts mail to be deliverable to a non windows device.

Safe desire for the settings and tips. My hotmail is pushing like a charm now. Sick!

By a happy coincidence I am also on o2 so the settings and instructions you gave me were exact and really easy! And to think because I didn't know about these settings I was condiering paying £20 a year for an msn plus account.

Safe!

poynt is very good

i have:

poynt

opera mini

google quick search

google maps

weathereye

ubertwitter

facebook

time mobile

business week mobile

guardian

scoremobile

quickpull

whatsapp

nimbuzz

bbm

gt blackjack

chess

natwest mobile money

All get heavy use tbh and id reccomend them because theyre all of a good quality.

Add to that:

meter berry. Good app for keeping up all the stats of your device and evaluating device performance.

Windows Live Messenger. Proper msn messenger capable of sending files, pics, voicenotes much like you would do on a pc.

Flixster Movies. Find Cinema Listings by cinema search or based on location.

Viigo. A good rss feeder.

Shazam. Put it to any song and it will come back with the Artist and Song name.

BerryBuzz. Customise your LED alerts. I have a different colours for bbm messages, for each of my email accounts, texts and mms, windows live, facebook notifications, missed calls and best of all my led flashes some disco style all colours when I get a call.

natwest mobile money

link?

Safe desire for the settings and tips. My hotmail is pushing like a charm now. Sick!

By a happy coincidence I am also on o2 so the settings and instructions you gave me were exact and really easy! And to think because I didn't know about these settings I was condiering paying £20 a year for an msn plus account.

Safe!

No worries, it took me ages to work out what the mobile services protocol was. Finally found out after reading a few topics on the crackberry forums.

It works pretty well 95 percent of the time although there have been a couple of ocassions when an email hasn't come through but on the whole its been fine. Oh yeah one more thing, if your signed in to msn messenger using a pc you might experience delays as apparently it conflicts with the BB mail service. It only happens when your actively using msn apparently so if your status is set to away or busy then I believe your emails will start coming through again.

Safe for the explanation about iphone email service, I was thinking of getting one of the next gen ones when it comes out but I will think again now as I would much prefer proper genuine push.

I am sure that the curve 8520 is a good phone but it just looks shabby compared to the sleekness of the bold 9700. A female friend of mine got bumped hard, she took out a contract at phones4u and got the 8520 when she could have got the bold 9700 then they told her she can't cancel the contract within 7 days when I told her to give it back and get the bold. Females are thick, end off!

Got the Blackberry curve 8520 on the Orange pay as u go tarrif (didn't pay for it)

phones alright, only bad point is the lack of 3G, which I guess is compensated with Wi fi

Don't get me wrong I know it is a good phonr just the exterior aint quite up to the 9700 but I guess that thr bold is one of the flagship devices that is why.

Just that my mate could have got the bold but got sucked in by some p4u salesman. That's what I called bumped when you could have got a handset worth £200+ more.

poynt is very good

i have:

poynt

opera mini

google quick search

google maps

weathereye

ubertwitter

facebook

time mobile

business week mobile

guardian

scoremobile

quickpull

whatsapp

nimbuzz

bbm

gt blackjack

chess

natwest mobile money

sh*t, how long does ur battery last..i only got ubertwitter and opera mini and uber takes a Huge junk of of my battery life

/

Im going france trmo just for a few days, do i have to switch wi fi off, wanna know if its charges extra..on vodaphone btw