To Catch a predator,

Kompressor

there must be at least one paedo on registered on this forum

thatshitcray

dr doom.

It didn't get cancelled 'cause people were reluctant to come out, it got cancelled 'cause a district attorney killed himself after he got investigated following their stings.

yes, this happened, there was complaints from the mans family and some of the other residents in the local area,

it was ruled that it couldnt be proven that the show was to blame for the man killing himself and there were 3 more stings that took place after this incident,.

NBC News canceled production of future episodes in December 2008, because the show became so popular that it became harder to attract potential predators on site to the location of where it would be filmed. The original episodes continue to air occasionally on MSNBC, which also shows a series called Predator Raw: The Unseen Tapes which feature Hansen in a studio providing his later reflections and extra information on the original encounters, as well as some additional footage related to production of the episodes that had not previously aired.

However, on July 8, 2009, Chris Hansen mentioned the possibility of To Catch a Predator returning on his Facebook status, stating that, "Right now we're focused on a number of other topics and once we get those stories done we'll circle around and take a look at some more Predator investigations."

It was a shock tactic to get poarents to realise how easily "predators" can get into the home,

then after the first couple/sting they realised they had a fan base, and started milking it abit more,

if you watch back the first few you can see a huge difference in the way the show is presented,

i think bringing this issue more and more into the public eye can only be a good thing,

also if this show has stopped one peado acting on his urges for fear of being caught up in a sting then i see it as a huge success, (and i'd imagine its stopped a fair few more than 1)

they should bring over a show like this to this country, as internet predators are becoming far to common place,

whether the show has been made to name and shame predators,

raise public awareness

or any other reason, i couldnt be more in support for it tbh

i understand the people who are morally against it but i am firmly on the other side of the fence.