Anyone Here Into History

Aquaman

You know there is much variety in the peoples of Afrika. They say that there are more variety in certain Afrikan groups than there are between Scandinavians and Spanish, but no1 says Spanish and Scandinavians are a separate race from one another.

The same way you have various shades of Afrikans from Very dark like the Sudanese, to very light like the Khiosian (sp) from Souther Africa (south africa) , they are all Africans.

Why must the Berbers be another seperate 'race' from ''sub-saharan'' Africans?

Are chinese, indian and saudi people the same race cos theyre all asian?

Im african, dave is african, we are not the same race, that is fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know there is much variety in the peoples of Afrika. They say that there are more variety in certain Afrikan groups than there are between Scandinavians and Spanish, but no1 says Spanish and Scandinavians are a separate race from one another.

The same way you have various shades of Afrikans from Very dark like the Sudanese, to very light like the Khiosian (sp) from Souther Africa (south africa) , they are all Africans.

Fair point but you still havent said why they must be a different race.

All i know about you is that youre from Algeria. i assume youre 'Arab' correct me if im wrong (no offense intended)

W e can clearly see the difference between Chinese and Indian, although Indians...some are light,  some are dark like the untouchables...who some claim are decesndents from Africans.

Berbers.....Whom are they why are they seperate? and why do you seperate based on a desert? Sub Sahara

dont let the man split us up mayne

we brothers

150px-Fist.svg.png

Fair point but you still havent said why they must be a different race.

All i know about you is that youre from Algeria. i assume youre 'Arab' correct me if im wrong (no offense intended)

W e can clearly see the difference between Chinese and Indian, although Indians...some are light,  some are dark like the untouchables...who some claim are decesndents from Africans.

Berbers.....Whom are they why are they seperate? and why do you seperate based on a desert? Sub Sahara

Well me personally id say im berber origin due to my surname not being arab, however i have no idea how diluted we are, my family just consider ourselves algerian above anything else.

Berbers are genetically different to sub-saharan africans, just as a chinese would be genetically different to an indian yet theyre close. Looks-wise that would depend on the particular berber 'tribe'. Kabyle for example, which zinedine zidane is, are extremely fair. These people originate from the snowy mountainous region of algeria, and same with riffi berbers from the mountains of morocco, then u get the touaregs from south algeria, south libya and norther mali and niger, these people are dark skinned, similar to sahrouai berbers from desert regions of algeria and morocco who are brown skinned.

All these people look different, but their genetics date back thousands of years to the very same spot, they havent diluted their blood much with arabs or sub-saharan africans.

we brothers

150px-Fist.svg.png

course bro id side with my african brothers over the daemz any day of the week

• Upvote 1

North Africans and Southern Africans may not have 100% similar dna because of the routes taken when populating Africa, also due to the massive invasion in the North, they would both trace back to East Africans though.

Timebomb I think I remember your pic, you like Zidane would be heavily mixed with Arab, no question.

You may even have traces of stuff like Macedonian in you aswell.

• Upvote 1

That is incorrect, kabylie people like zidane have very little arab blood mixed in hence why they are so fair, they are much fairer than arabs, even jesus christ would of been considerably darker than a kabyle. Kabylie people have their own language, and often reject the arabic language and islam.

Simple reason for their fair complexion, they are indigenous of the northern highlands of algeria, its cold and snows a lot. It doesnt take a brain scientist to tell u why a family that have been in the sahara desert for a few thousands years are a different colour to a family living in the snowy mountains for a few thousands years even if its the same country and in africa. 

• Upvote 1

We are all one race of people d*ckheads. Le Humon Race. Everyone's related.

Focusing on Skin colour, and even biological differences is prehistoric. I can't wait until we're all genetically modified cyborgs, then people are going to argue about who had the Original operating system or something.

People are stupid

• Upvote 1

we brothers

150px-Fist.svg.png

dave is black by colour only

he is whaite

hold up this yout said

although there skin was black they wernt the same race

in the words of my bredrin from brooklyn

'dude, niggas migrated.'

and what "yout" would that be? me?

These men are touaregs, they are indigenous to north africa, they are not diluted with arabs, theyre dark skinned, they are not genetically the same race as a sub-saharan african, that is fact theres no disputing it.

DSC_0418.JPG

• Upvote 1

Fam if one of dem man rides dat camel down to Mali and breeds a chick down there what are race are you guna box the yout into?

you ant call people diff races based on language and demographics, that's a post colonised continent your trying to analyse with fictional borders created by political invaders.

No my argument is based upon a people whos genes are different from anyone else in africa, dating back 5000 years to the exact same place. Yes some may have mixed with sub-saharan africans and some may have mixed with arabs, but at 80% the same genes from 5000, that says theyre pretty pure blooded people of that part of the world.

If we take ur dna you'd probably be something something like a 20% split with a mix of different african countries plus european and caribbean indian.

For me me im guessing my split would be 50% berber, 20% arab and the rest who knows, could be ottoman turk, european, whatever.

That is incorrect, kabylie people like zidane have very little arab blood mixed in hence why they are so fair, they are much fairer than arabs, even jesus christ would of been considerably darker than a kabyle. Kabylie people have their own language, and often reject the arabic language and islam.

Simple reason for their fair complexion, they are indigenous of the northern highlands of algeria, its cold and snows a lot. It doesnt take a brain scientist to tell u why a family that have been in the sahara desert for a few thousands years are a different colour to a family living in the snowy mountains for a few thousands years even if its the same country and in africa. 

To me these are Arabs bro

TownHallArabsGoneWild1.jpg

I dunno how lighter than that it gets apart from white tbh, Zidane look like he can break bread wid these man over dinner calm.

I see really fair skin people all over North Africa tbh, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, it isn't cold in these countries for the most part so why the fair skin, to me they are more likely a mix of the conquering people and the original dark skinned who travelled from the East.

• Upvote 1

The population genetics of North Africans has been heavily influenced by geography. The Sahara desert to the south and the Mediterranean Sea to the North were important barriers to gene flow in prehistoric times. However Eurasia and Africa form a single land mass at the Suez. At the Straits of Gibraltar, Africa and Europe are separated by only 15 km (9 mi). At periods of low sea-levels, such as during a glacial maximum, islands that are currently submerged would appear in the Mediterranean and possibly in between the Gibraltar straits. These may have encouraged humans to "island hop" between Africa and Europe. During wetter phases of the Sahara, Sub-Saharan Africans would have expanded into North Africa. West Asian populations would have also been attracted to a wet Sahara. West Asian populations could also migrate into Africa via the coastal regions of the Mediterranean.

As a result of these geographic influences, the genetic profile of Berber populations is a complex mosaic of European, Sub-Saharan African and West Asian influences. Though North Africa has experienced gene-flow from the surrounding regions, it has also experienced long periods of genetic isolation, allowing a distinctive genetic markers to evolve in Berber populations.

About 9,000 years ago the Saharan entered a wet phase which attracted Neolithic peoples from the Near East and Sub-Saharan Africans.

I think that is the key, you have to remember the Sahara was not always the Sahara of today and it would have been easier for people to cross at certain periods.

The isolation after the Sahara became barren is what allowed the Berber gene to develop but this wasn't before A LOT of admixture in the North.

screenhunter319feb12191.jpg

In conclusion, North African populations retain a unique signature of early “Maghrebi” ancestry, but North African populations are not a homogenous group and most display varying combinations of five distinct ancestries.

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen.1002397

If u are occupying territory that is known for heavy migration and invasions, then there is no such ting as pure blood. IM sorry show me whatever stats u like about h20 being found in dna etc, but if your skin is dark, you are black, call it moor, call it kemetian it nubian whatever. Ur black.

if u gota a little piece of red in ur skin tone, u still black because black people come in every shade. Even if ur great great great great grandad was a portugese explorer who got a bit excited in Libya, ur black.

I don't know what this distinction between races in north and subsuharan Africa is about when as i stated, even the term sub Sahara is a European concept.

one land mass, one continent. One indigenous people. Note the word indigenous.

good post toney

If u are occupying territory that is known for heavy migration and invasions, then there is no such ting as pure blood. IM sorry show me whatever stats u like about h20 being found in dna etc, but if your skin is dark, you are black, call it moor, call it kemetian it nubian whatever. Ur black. if u gota a little piece of red in ur skin tone, u still black because black people come in every shade. Even if ur great great great great grandad was a portugese explorer who got a bit excited in Libya, ur black. I don't know what this distinction between races in north and subsuharan Africa is about when as i stated, even the term sub Sahara is a European concept. one land mass, one continent. One indigenous people. Note the word indigenous.

so what race am i?

I think the key is how you look at this.

If you take the Tunisian Berbers for example who seems to be the most "pure" Berbers, in reality Berber is just another word for early bi-racial people.

Even 100% Berber would just be bi-racial in essence.

There has just been mixing in North Africa for so long and isolation for such long periods that this marker has become identifiable, as if it is it's own ethnicity.