Week 6 - Premier League 11/12 / CL Week 2

User

Lyon look absolutely disgusting this year. Bastos & Gomis it was bound to happen, but WTF is going on with a man like Gonalons?! :lol: it's gonna be peak when Lisandro comes back

Worst squad since the turn of this millenium

what I mean. how can you have the pussyboy Grenier orchestrating your play, Gonalons holding and some L2 noname alongside a fucking Cissokho in the back four yet still look this good. fully can't wait for next Sunday.

Guest Portuguese

Lyon look absolutely disgusting this year. Bastos & Gomis it was bound to happen, but WTF is going on with a man like Gonalons?! :lol: it's gonna be peak when Lisandro comes back

Worst squad since the turn of this millenium

what I mean. how can you have the pussyboy Grenier orchestrating your play, Gonalons holding and some L2 noname alongside a fucking Cissokho in the back four yet still look this good. fully can't wait for next Sunday.

Very true.

Grenier must be so gassed first team and wearing number 7

/

I blame Aulas/Puel for all this mess.

/

LOL@Real winning anything this season

Guest Portuguese

Inter win 3-1(would of never happened under Gas man)

Bayern win 3-0 and are ready for City( there is no way City's fullbacks will stop Robben and also Gomez to have a field day against Lescott/Kompany)

i rate silva highly

but lets be honest hes just a b class spanish player

Lol like this makes him any less of a player, he is still top 10 in the world, and if he was at Barcelona instead of Iniesta he probably would be a starter for the Spain team. Spain don't really recognize you till you play for one of the two big clubs in Barca or Madrid.

LOL@ thinking Silva in the same league as Iniesta

/

It says much for the Prem when a guy who is nowhere near the best in La Liga can become the best here already.

Cesc is tearin La Liga apart, so what's your argument.

He's got a good point with the Spanish just picking players from the Big two or players in La Liga.

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

My agruement is Silva is good but only a fool will think he is good enough to dislodge Iniesta.

The better players come from Barca/Real so it's a no brainer.

You have to remember Spain are Euro/World Champs for a reason.

Guest Portuguese

He did as a winger but now he is demanding to play as one of the AM.

hence why VDB drop him in favour of Pedro in SA.

Iniesta/Xavi

Then the next level is Cesc/Silva/Santi. I bet this sort of discussion was happening pre Euro 2008 instead of Silva it was Cesc

Iniesta/Xavi

Then the next level is Cesc/Silva/Santi. I bet this sort of discussion was happening pre Euro 2008 instead of Silva it was Cesc

A. He wasn't playing as an out & out winger.

B. What does his 'position' have to do with anything? We're talking about creative midfielders & you want to compare 2 easily world class players in Cesc & Silva to Iniesta & Xavi, two players who will go down as Barcelona & Spanish LEGENDS with Xavi probably rated the best Spanish player ever. Some fucking context bro, stop with the hyperbole.

Guest Portuguese

Iniesta/Xavi

A. He wasn't playing as an out & out winger.

B. What does his 'position' have to do with anything? We're talking about creative midfielders & you want to compare 2 easily world class players in Cesc & Silva to Iniesta & Xavi, two players who will go down as Barcelona & Spanish LEGENDS with Xavi probably rated the best Spanish player ever. Some fucking context bro, stop with the hyperbole.

During the Euros he was asked to play more wider than usual.

He was so used to playing in the hole like he was doing for Valencia during that time.

Did someone or not say if he was at Barca he would dislodge Iniesta yes or no before I brought him into the equation!

I suggest you read the other posts which trigged me into bringing Iniesta up.

Furthermore what part of Silva demanding to be played as one of the number eights don't you understand?

/

Pep going 3-4-3

He left Arda out why?

i rate silva highly

but lets be honest hes just a b class spanish player

For the role he wants to play

I was talking in reference to this remark before Iniesta was bought into the equation. He's a B class player for the role he wants to play (for Spain) yet by your same logic, Villa would be a B class striker & Iniesta, a B class attacking midfielder because in international competitions, they play 'out of position'.

Spain have an abundance of talent in the final third & just because Silva can't play in that role for his club, does not change the fact that he's a top 'number 10' in world football.