Ferguson's Best XI During His 25 Year Reign

Mame Biram Diouf

No mate, he is. Underrated across the board,

If there was ever a top 5 strikers of Fergie's time on Redcafe or in a convo in an around OT

you'd hear

Cantona

2olegend

RVN

Cole

Rooney,

Hughes and even Sheringham before people start to think of Yorke.

He's a after though in many people's eyes and minds. Possibly because of his short time at the club, or the way he ended up leaving.

In what was supposedly the best season this club has ever had he was comfortably the best player, if you think he's rated like someone with that accolade then fair enough, but I don't, No where near it,

_________________________ MASSIMO TAIBI____________________

________David May____William Prunier____Laurent Blanc___Quinton Fortune_____

________________________kenny Miller______________________________

___Jordi Cruff____________Veron_______Kleberson____________Eric Djemba Djemba

_____________________David Bellion_____________________

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Fortune was decent as for Veron the game was too quick for him in the prem but on the continent it was another story

It hurts Veron flopped in the Prem he should of signed for Barca instead!

/

Where is Poborsky?

Guest Portuguese

Poborsky was brought five years too early and on the back of a goal against Portugal

LOL @ Whoever your scout was at the time (Nedved was there for the taking 1.7m after his agreement to PSV got broken)

agreed Even Berger who went to Liverpool the same summer, would've been a better buy.,

but in your list of signings you've been guilty of what i was talking about earlier, and most United fans would be guilty of doing the same thing.

If we hadn't of signed Dwight Yorke we would not have won the treble, he has to be in that list, of top signings. i'd have him in ahead of Evra and Vidic,

that signing even at the time didnt thrill people, but the guy hit the ground running, and the success followed, he brought the best out of Beckham and Cole, which was imperitive, and despite finishing top scorer with approx 25 goals and 3rd in the assist table he isn't given the credit he deserves for his contribution that season,

the fact that he was 3rd choice signing after Batigol and Kluivert leaves me thinking we got lucky the board wouldnt splash out for Battistuta and couldnt sway Kluivert.

i often wonder what would've happened if Kluivert never turned us down, stating he'd only come to England to Play for Arsenal.

he was the missing piece of the puzzle in that team, and thats why he has to be in the top 5 signings imo

Guest Portuguese

LOL@Kluivert

He ended up in England at United but Newcastle

Should of been better than what he was because alongside Ronaldo the most complete number nine I have ever seen (Barca and Oranje)

fair enough, but when he was in Fergies good books, about a season and a half he was very consistant,

even in the bad times, when he got thrown in out of the wilderness against Arsenal one Sunday afternoon he went and bagged a hatrick,

in terms of time at the club and chances given his contribution was immense. and the honours during that time speak for themselves.

and yes two good seasons, but the magnitude of just one of those seasons and the affect he had on those around him warrants him to be in that list.

we sign Yorke we win the treble, if we didn't we wouldnt have, that was a massive massive signing

Kluivert is another huge shame of modern day football, what couldve been..........

Quinton Fortune hardly EVER let us down.

Always did well for us and I will always remember the brudda.

A bit of a crowd favourite actually cos they knew he always wore the shirt with pride.

If ever saw him, I'd buy him a drink, that is what you call a loyal servant that is why Alex always has his arms open for them man and they can come and train WHENEVER they like.

Quinton Fortune hardly EVER let us down.

Always did well for us and I will always remember the brudda.

A bit of a crowd favourite actually cos they knew he always wore the shirt with pride.

If ever saw him, I'd buy him a drink, that is what you call a loyal servant that is why Alex always has his arms open for them man and they can come and train WHENEVER they like.

well said

I cried when Barca bid for Beckham and it was looking like he was leaving, cried.

Same with Lee Sharpe when he was sold to Leeds, real life pain lol.

The 1 that probably hurts me the most is Forlan.

I saw a few clips of him before he came to us and knew he was a proper footballer.

Never seen anyone apart from Recoba lash the ball with such disrespect and hit top bins in their sleep.

Kinda similar with Kleberson and Veron, Fergie doesn't know how to accommodate South Americans to be fair to them.

And Yorke is a legend, the only thing against him was time so it's natural to put others above him subconsciously.

But in terms of ability I would have to say he was world class.

His heading ability was exceptional and he was a fantastic finisher with both feet, couldn't ask for more in a striker really.

Positional sense was top notch and he was so cool with the despatch.

I'm not a huge believer in fate but when I watch the programmes on how he came from a small island in the West Indies, how he only got seen cos Villa had a holiday out there, the chance of him getting to where he did was more than a million to 1 shot, you know somethings are just destined in life.