How can Carrick be overlooked

Fighting Weight

Built the England side around Carrick? :lmao:

Some of you man really do make me laugh. The guy is a timid f*ck

Carrick is class To think we coulda had him for £3 mil

1239638148802.gif

I stand by what I said. He is classy and we shoulda signed him but he's not that guy that the national team should be built around

But even if he was there Roy would still play Parker, Gerrard and maybe Milner ahead of him

Carrick has an achilles problem like Parker so if he's not gonna play why should he waste his time travelling for nothing

Here’s a thought, if Carrick decides to be more adventurous by playing Hollywood passes and bursting into the final third at every opportunity, who is going to protect the back 4 in our team? Who makes the interceptions and tackles he makes when teams try to counter us and he’s still in the opponents half? Will the amount of possession be the same? Will our goal difference be as bad as certain teams that have midfielders that neglect their defensive responsibilities because they are too busy trying to steal the spotlight?

He’s shown glimpses of his attacking game over the years (see my previous posts in this thread). Put him next a DM that can take over his defensive responsibilities and give him the freedom to push further up the pitch more often and then he’ll set the world alight.

• Upvote 2