UKIP

Thun

You provided your own definition of racism. Based on that Nigel is racist. He's saying people should be concerned if Romanians move in next door. He's saying people should prejudge based on the fact that they're Romanian and that there is a reason to fear having them living next door.

If Diane Abbot said the same about white English people you'd be crying about how she's a racist.

Ohhhhhhhh. See how I switched it up on you?

You see I'm not calling for Nigel to be fired for his comments. But you're calling for Diane to be for hers while not for Nigel to be. Now who has the double standards?

• Upvote 2

I explained the Farage issue. I don't really class someones Nationality as a race to be honest, Whether that's wrong I don't know. Do you consider British or Nigerian etc as a race?

You ain't exactly switched it up on me have you when I've quite clearly already shown why I believe Diane is a racist, so her saying anything about white english people would be the norm now lol.

I'm calling for Diane to be sacked because UKIP get hounded for everything they say as a whole..... They don't have racist policies but they are branded a racist party. Some of their members have said racist things and have been sacked, Diane Abbot has said racist things and has not been sacked. If racist UKIP members get sacked, Diane should of been sacked years ago. This isn't a level playing field is it?

Well I've obviously had the wrong idea of what race stands for. I've alway's thought it was based on a persons physical appearance/skin colour etc. Like I would of always had native Germans down as being white people, native Norwegians down as being white people. But according to that I shouldn't be looking at it that way, they are Germanic or Scandinavian. Same way native Brits ( If we can class any as that now ) would be Scottish, Celts, English.

• Upvote 1

You cant generalise a whole race and not deem that racist

Imagine a white mp saying black people love to be violent 

You dont find that racist Dub?

We can all see the trend that you can put down white people but got to be careful what you say about other races, even Trevor Phillips highlighted this issue

• Upvote 2

Yea I still deem what Abbot said as racist. Dub has a point on what Farage said about Romanians if you see them as a race of people, which I haven't. I class them as a country having different races, from the Romani Gypos from India to the White Europeans etc and I consider what he said aimed at them as a country in whole.

We can all see the trend that you can put down white people but got to be careful what you say about other races, even Trevor Phillips highlighted this issue

I agree there are double standards, but they don't come without justification. White people are a majority and the people of power are white. 

If you say "black people love to play the race card" I wouldn't call that racist, I'd probably call it insensitive and incorrect.

You see when we're making these comparisons, you guys are offering non-equal scenarios.

• Dianne Abbot says something along the lines of "white people who've never met a black person are unsuitable to take care of black people. Gambino offers the scenario of "What if a white nurse turned around in the hospital and said... Hmmm I'm not treating this black woman, why? Oh because I've never met one before." - do you really think that's the same?
  • Diane Abbot says "white people love playing divide and rule". Thun offers the scenario of "Imagine a white mp saying black people love to be violent ". - do you really think that's the same?

Regardless of how we classify Romanians. Is being prejudice and inciting fear for people of a certain regional origin not just as bad as racism?

Is someone saying "I hate these fucking Africans" much less offensive than saying "I hate these fucking blacks"?

I'm not defending Diane Abbot for what she said, it was stupid. I don't think its nearly as bad as what Nigel Farage has said though.

You are defending her though Dub lol. You are trying to play down what she said as being racist.

I'll give a direct opposite example then. If Nigel Farage had of said these Black African nurses with afro hair and brown eyes working in Britain are not suitable to look after white patients, this country would be in absolute uproar calling it racism and you would no doubt agree with them.

And why is Thuns scenario any different? It's generalizing everyone of one colour with a negative remark. It's exactly the same.

The fact you "Don't think it's nearly as bad as what Nigel said" just makes me retract any respect I had for your argument.

I'm defending her, not what she said. You think she's a racist person who "despises white people" and I'm arguing against that point. If you have since moved on from those feelings then say so.

Also, I've already put forward that point.

If you refuse to treat someone because of their race then that is racist, if you say "I don't think I'm best fit to care for this woman because I don't know about her culture" that isn't racist. Saying people are not fit and not treating them are two different things. It would not be racist to say "black nurses from Zambia aren't fit to take care of white English people because they've never met white English people", it might be ignorant but not racist.

And seriously, you think Nigel Farage saying people should fear Romanians living next door, is not worse than saying "white people love to play divide and rule"?

I can accept an argument that you think she is racist on what she said. I am fine for you to argue on that point, it is a valid point of argument. 

But Nigel Farage is clearly scaremongering here against a certain people of a certain ethnic/regional origin - Diane Abbot was not.

Diane was trying to influence solidarity in black people in her statement, it was in a discussion where a black journalist was saying something along the lines of: there are many black communities, not a single "black community" like the media like to refer to, and so called "black community leaders" don't represent everyone. Diane was saying "don't play into 'divide and rule'", that black people are stronger together. When she said "white people love to play divide and rule" it wasn't about white people in general. Its about the idea of the "white establishment" that keeps the same people in power and keeps others down.

Again, this isn't in defence of what she said. I'm explaining where she's coming from. I still remain with the opinion that she shouldn't have said it.

I've explained what I thought about Farage quote and nope I categorically do not think it is far worse than Dianes multiple comments.

I've not changed my feelings either. I do believe she depises white people or else she wouldn't constantly be making negative remarks about them. And when questioned on them refusing to refute how negatively her words were taken like in the video I posted. lol you are defending her hard and then claiming not too. Her comment was about the white establishment was it and not white people in general, did she tell you that herself? Or did you fail to notice her excuse was that she wasn't talking about today at all but talking about Colonial times........

Done and dusted either ways for the sake of not continuing an endless argument. Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Constantly? You provided 3 quotes from her spread over 24 years (you've already conceded the 4th one wasn't about white people). Yeah, sounds constant.

I'm explaining what she said in defence of the "racist" label you've given it. I'm not saying she was right to say it. You have to read what she said in the context in which she said it to understand what she was talking about, you've obviously taken the single quote as standalone.

It was a reference to colonialism, hence the hashtag accompanied with it. That isn't her excuse, it was explaining the "divide and rule" wording.

You wouldn't say the whole of Britain were colonialists would you? No it was the ones in power.

God knows why she hadn't made a better attempt at explaining herself. Maybe can't come up with a way to help herself. Its not like it will go down well if she drops terms like "white establishment".

• Upvote 1

According to Labour Voters And Tory Voters, This article is racist

Show passport to use the NHS: Clampdown to stop migrants and tourists abusing the Health Service, which costs £2bn-a-year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3036152/Show-passport-use-NHS-Clampdown-stop-migrants-tourists-abusing-Health-Service-costs-2bn-year.html

Imagine all the don cracks up and down the country this party have adopted

I agree there are double standards, but they don't come without justification. White people are a majority and the people of power are white.

If you say "black people love to play the race card" I wouldn't call that racist, I'd probably call it insensitive and incorrect.

You see when we're making these comparisons, you guys are offering non-equal scenarios.

• Dianne Abbot says something along the lines of "white people who've never met a black person are unsuitable to take care of black people. Gambino offers the scenario of "What if a white nurse turned around in the hospital and said... Hmmm I'm not treating this black woman, why? Oh because I've never met one before." - do you really think that's the same?
  • Diane Abbot says "white people love playing divide and rule". Thun offers the scenario of "Imagine a white mp saying black people love to be violent ". - do you really think that's the same?

You can't justify people being racists, your making excuses why certain races are allowed to do it

It is not ok for a black mp to say white people love to play divide and rule and a white mp saying black people live to be violent, they are both racist statements, you can't make excuses up for Abbott as its a racist generalised statement

It's not the same statement but both fully racist in both contexts