The Greatest 'Overlooked' Uk Garage Tracks

User

DJ Q picked…

SHOLA AMA

‘Much Love’ (Dream Teem Remix)

(WEA International, 1998)

“A wicked track, almost ahead of its time. I’ll always remember this track because it was the first song I heard on the first ever Sun City tape I listened to. That tape changed my life! For me this track was never as big as it should have been. I think one of the reasons for this was being over shadowed by the massive Dream Teem remix of Amira’s ‘My Desire’.”

Haha, this was on one of the first tunes I heard on one of the first tapes I got...Timmi Magic @ Garage Nation though...I swear matey has gotten this memory fuddled, as I remember this tune being right at the start of a set too..

Still..

This was also another of the first joints I heard. Not many people will know the name if you play it, though...For the heads who know about Groove Chronicles, it's known..

/

WOOKIE >>>>>

/

Also Brasstooth's Pleasure aka Brand New Day

"When I wake up...In the morning...I have a smile upon my face....I look up, see the sunshine, now I'm ready for a brand new daaaaaayaayayaayy-ooooooh"

@justin riddim

Nico Da Funksta made so much money bootlegging peoples vinyls 

one day Chunky came in our office with a repress of this because he heard 

Nico was gonna get it bootleged

First 500 went fast he had to press up another 500 

http://youtu.be/ZRlxQd51NM0

This is my cousin, she made this with Wookie and Johnny J  track got a national release. 

• Upvote 3

I let you off Zeke, I don't know what it's like up in Liverpool, but yeah, it gets played down south. It is a big tune!

lol crazy was a northern riddim mate

:lol:

Brum crew your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8hWmPjNUI

Only ever heard this version on one tape...Think it was HLC.

Original remix is a big boy banger and well known, but this one went under the radar..

The remix Making Love was such a banger....... The base dropping >>>>>>>.............

Personally haven't uploaded this version to Serato yet.....may have to..... There was another version of it too, but only heard it 10 years ago.

I let you off Zeke, I don't know what it's like up in Liverpool, but yeah, it gets played down south. It is a big tune!

lol crazy was a northern riddim mate

Cape Fear man.

My bad

/

Theres one track that im still looking for that i have only ever heard one dj play before, its never on any recorded sets of his either. I dont think ill ever find it :(

think i might have that, ill check when i get home