BAD CREDIT - AVERAGE CREDIT - GOOD CREDIT

Guest 90210

• 1 month later...

Jumped on Experian probably the start of December, credit was at poor, decided I needed to sort this out. Paid off my credit cards and just been paying my phonebill on them and paying it off end of the month.

I also had a default which I paid off awhile ago but they stay on your credit file for awhile.

Checked today, credit score is at 756 - Fair, just need to get a balance raise on my credit cards and that should send me into good. Also the default has now gone from my account  

iBXfiMvtklBMI.gif

With my credit card I use it up to about 5 days before statement date then clear the balance in full. No intention of paying any interest and my credit seems to be improving (also have 2 phones I pay for on direct debit every month so I'm sure that helps). Going to find another site to check my credit rating for free around May/June to see how I'm doing since last year.

Nuff people do what yoshie is saying to improve there credit file

I think its one of the best ways

Long as you aint dumb and spend what your cant clear come end of the month

im doin it myself as I f*cked up my Credit file when I was younger And I see improvements every month or 2

How the hell is it one of the best ways?

Your credit rating is built from using a proportion of your limit, say a quater

Yoshie is just giving his credit company money without making much difference to his credit rating

The problem is there is many people like him who don't really understand how it works

How is he giving them money when he's paying it off every month? :/

They take a percentage from transactios. Also asumming that the 0% interest period is over

He is using the card more than he actually needs without doing much benefit for himself

Ok but yoshie isnt giving them money

He is giving them money if he is repaying the £500 limit + interest / any other charges there are, many cards charge for either 1. withdrawing or 2. card transactions

1. Withdrawing cash from a credit card is pretty stupid and something you should never or rarely do, as it is an alarm bell to any potential lenders and will actually work against your credit file. 2. If using the card for purchases in the same country that it was issued, in this case uk, and paying off the balance there is no transaction fee on any of the major banks' credit cards.