Cat D/Write Off etc... Insurance/car heads

HangTheDJ

you won't like any of the offers (if any) they come back to you with

even if all was above board, insurance companies always look to put u out of pocket first

That's bullshit I got offered more than I paid for the car on my first offer

Had everyone telling me the same thing as you

Make sure u reject the first offer don't except its a bump they expect you to anyway blah blah

Excepted it pronto thought they had made a mistake.

This has happened to me, yesterday afternoon/evening.

I'm going to accept it, it's almost 1/3 more than I paid for the car (before my excess) and comfortably over it afterward.

/

I am leaving my job in March anyway, so I am going to borrow my friends Dad's car (he doesn't drive often) for 28 days so I can work my notice period.

Does anyone know where I can get short-term insurance from? Some of the website quotes I'm going are coming up extortionately priced (£600 for a month and shit).

Yeah, just insure yourself on a monthly basis, then pay the early cancellation fee.

I insured myself for £600 for 6 months a few years ago, they were quoting mad prices for a 6 month term, so I just did the year by monthly and paid like £20 to cancel.

Check the cancellation fees before though, may not be the same for all.

Yeah, just insure yourself on a monthly basis, then pay the early cancellation fee.

I insured myself for £600 for 6 months a few years ago, they were quoting mad prices for a 6 month term, so I just did the year by monthly and paid like £20 to cancel.

Check the cancellation fees before though, may not be the same for all.

Yeah, quotes coming up at like £1,200 for a years insurance.

Need to explore deeper, but I think that's the way to go.

Lol

No1 tell him

sigh

calm down u excited bee sting

i got more than I paid for it not gonna risk trying to squeeze a few more pound for them to clock...obviously you aren't meant to get that.

but yh shhhh!

no one say anything.

I would've excepted this too tbh

This is what I am doing. I was planning on selling the car in 6 weeks as I am leaving the country soon, it would have been listed at ~25% less than I paid for it 8 months ago.

After excess I am getting ~20% more than I paid for it.

They value the car at a third more than I paid for it, despite 15k miles I've put on it in that time. They told me their valuation, and are offering almost all of it (couple of hundred less).

Is it really worth me arguing for a few hundred quid when they could get it revalued and it come out much lower? It's absolute top end of the book price they've offered so far...

I remember in 2008 my first car got written off(2002 fiesta) a couple of months before I was planning to sell it(was hoping to get about £2500 for it).

When it got written off and the insurers offered me £3400(would've been £3900 bit for the excess) I couldn't believe it).

Excepted that with a swiftness

• Upvote 1

I remember in 2008 my first car got written off(2002 fiesta) a couple of months before I was planning to sell it(was hoping to get about £2500 for it).

When it got written off and the insurers offered me £3400(would've been £3900 bit for the excess) I couldn't believe it).

:rofl:

Lewis'd da ting.

OP, so was this their second offer?

Essentially what he said has happened to me -

Just waiting on my V5 document to give them some deets so they can pay me.

It's their first offer.

Personal injury. I self-cetified off work for a week.

I'm going Docs again tomorrow.

I have these personal injury claimers saying they can get my money. I'm not gonna lie about it, but I am in some pain.

The majority of the accident is my fault, then there's some shared liability.

Can you still claim for personal injuries? Guys on phone saying yeah, but they're pushing hard.