VIP2 Good University (or College Guide)

Mr Q

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

75% of journalists in the media today graduated from oxford/cambridge.just a thought
Lowe being a journalist.I'm on some head of communications for a Tabacco company based in Cambodia sh*t.Alsojust a thoughtbut currently, editors of 5 major newspapers and tabloids in the UK did not graduate from either of these universities.

Barking CollegePros - Never any beef, everyone is friendly, good mix of people and colours, excellent teachersCons - seriously, none
are you serious?You do know someone got stabbed on the first day of college thereand several people have been stabbed or beat with bats sinceCONSTANTLY.

Anyone know anyting about Middlesex uni?
Dont go therejobs throw you application in the bin stillosEmployer:Send us your qualification SirYou:here it is*looks at the paper*Employer:hmmmmmm*calls assistant*Employer:Get the shredder Ingrid it is another Middlesex guyIngrid:*kisses teet*
is Ingrid black?

birmingham uni - swag in every sense
When I was changing uni I was actually aiming to go there. Missed the entry requirement by one grade though, and I heard they are bastards and don't bly anything less.

Normal entry requirements are two As and a B. I got in with three Bs, so I dont know about that. Maybe its just my course...
The course I was looking at said 2 B's and a C minimum from what I can remember. But I do recall seeing bare courses where A grades were required. Had I played less Blackjack and worked as hard as I could have, I would have had at least 2 A's.

75% of journalists in the media today graduated from oxford/cambridge.just a thought
Lowe being a journalist.I'm on some head of communications for a Tabacco company based in Cambodia sh*t.Alsojust a thoughtbut currently, editors of 5 major newspapers and tabloids in the UK did not graduate from either of these universities.
i am never wrong*. biggrin.gif culled from the actual executive summary of the report into the education backgrounds of the top political, legal and media elite. enjoyExecutive Summary÷ Over half (54%) of the countryââ¬â¢s leading news journalists were educated in privateschools, which account for 7% of the school population as a whole.÷ The proportion of the ââ¬Ëtop 100ââ¬â¢ journalists in news and current affairs who come fromindependent schools has increased by five percentage points in the last 20 years,from 49% to 54% .÷ In 1986 over two fifths (54%) of national newspaper editors, columnists, and leadingbroadcast editors and news presenters came from grammar schools; by 2006,however, this had fallen to 43%.÷ In 2006 14% of journalists who could be considered to be among the most influentialin the country were educated at comprehensive schools, up from 6% in 1986.÷ Overall 45% of the leading journalists in 2006 ââ¬Ã¢â¬Å or 76% of those who went touniversity - attended Oxbridge. This is slightly lower than in 1986, when theequivalent figures were 62% of the total, and 67% of university graduates.÷ Just under two fifths (37%) of the top journalists in 2006 who went to universitygraduated from one institution, Oxford (40% in 1986).÷ Seven in ten (72%) journalists in 2006 who went to university *this statement cannot be taken seriously. you're a mug if you get angry over it

So why does everyone say Aston is good then...is it world renowned or jus a new campus thats gettin hyped...looks ok but birmingham tho...not sure bout outta london schoolin...wat lively london unis hav a good buisness and marketing faculty ?K-dot.1

tuppatop breh always thinks hes right because hes a smart guy who knows everything there is to know about unii haven't bothered to research it myself but i've heard from numerous sources that Aston despite bein generally crappy has the bet business school in englandmy friends sister, whom happens to be a nigerian fresh boat is going there in september to study business, I also happen to kno another chap who goes there and says the same. Other people say it too, they must have read it somewhere...

FOR CARLOS AN OTHER MEDIA/JOURNALISM HEADSLondon College of Communication (LCC)Pros: Voted best media college in the country 3 years running now, lecturers are all experienced former journalists or media workers, great resources, Best Journalism course in the country, has ties with many big mulit-media companies and good job prospects when u leave.Cons: Heavy workload, too cramped, not enough resources to go round; you'll find urself battling for a computer in the libary if ur not there by 12 o'clock, like superistion said, very 'cliquey' envoironment, never got to feel the Uni vibeLocation: Elephant + Castle, literally opposite the shopping centre. The shopping centre is DEADOUT, so u'll more times catch urself up in Camberwell/Brixton during ur break. Nightlife: The in-Uni nightlife is pretty ok, the bar is always buzzing, and raves are held all the time, there usually live as well. Nothing popping off round the area.Accomodation: in the words of Murkserious, SWAGDIABOLICALPOOMPLEX. nuff said.Bottom line, it's a 'keep ur head down' uni tbh, but if ur serious about making, this is the place 4 u.
oooooooooooooooooooo im goin there this october. I should hopefully get into my photography course.Is that wat its really like?
i know one girl that goes there, ur gonna get licked with work
Thats good. I dnt mind. Wanna get my mind away from all the drama in my life.
if u keep on top of all your work, and approach it right, you'll be fine
Yea, what Toney said. The I didn't do the photography course, I did Journalism, but the course lookes really good. Workload is nuts, but it looks harder than it really is. If ur organised and focused, u'll ace the assignments, but you'll get caught out easily if u slack.

hah, Aston is definitely not the best business school in England, fact.LBS, Judge, Said, Cranfield, Lancaster, Tanaka, WBS can (and are) all considered to be better than Aston."tuppatop breh always thinks hes right because hes a smart guy who knows everything there is to know about uni". No I dont, just dont misinform... dont rant and rave that aston is the best in the UK when their comparable to the quality of their equivalent premiership team...deviation from your grades to ur offer depends on popularity of the course still."i haven't bothered to research it myself but i've heard from numerous sources that Aston despite bein generally crappy has the bet business school in england" - are these numerous sources Aston Business School lecturers or students by any chance??