Offensive? Steoeotype?

Guest Seriouss

Guest Seriouss

Some guy at work just said to me "Was your ex boyf black? sh*t - you don't look like the type"Is this offensive? I couldn't decide.Its like saying you have to be a certain 'type' of person to find certain types of people attractive.Boys - if someone said you didnt look the type to have a black/white girlfriend would you find either offensive?Girls - same question(And can you state your race pls too in the interests of the topic)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy at work just said to me "Was your ex boyf black? sh*t - you don't look like the type"Is this offensive? I couldn't decide.Its like saying you have to be a certain 'type' of person to find certain types of people attractive.Boys - if someone said you didnt look the type to have a black/white girlfriend would you find either offensive?Girls - same question(And can you state your race pls too in the interests of the topic)
DONT THINK WE HAS BEEING OFFENSIVE...I SAY THE SAME SORT OF THING WHEN IM SUPRISED ABOUT A PARTICULAR RELATIONSHIP...NORMALLY WHITE GIRLS WITH ASIANS

haha he's intimidated. its semi-offfensive but its not a serious one.i occasionally get these kinda comments when i think a black girl is nice. which i find very confusing because im black myself

Yeh that is a bit of a boy ting.But a compliment at the same time. He really means (if he's white) :'sh*t didn't know u were one of them darkie lovers who let the side down. but you don't look it though.'

he was Stereotyping that only skets go out with Black people.He never saw you as one of them, like someone else said it was a compliment.Actually it is kinda offensive, but he probally meant it in that way.

To be fair, white girls who go for black guys tend to be waste. We all know the type. I can see what he's saying.
same with these white lads who like black fanny!to be honest though i do get concerned when a girl says she ONLY likes black boys and would never touch one of their own race but if its just a preference or she doesnt mind what colour a person is. its minor

Guest Seriouss

Would you find it offensive if someone said it to you?Do you reckon you can tell someones 'type' by looking at them?I just asked him what type he thought I went for and he said 'rich and posh' WTF?!

Guest Silver Surfer

You can usually tell the white girls who are BANG on us man.The Croydon face liftBig Earrings"ugetme"Begs a different race, "Im 1/8th Jamaican"Possibly a mix race baby named Jordan or JadanBut dont be fooled, many a white girl in NU Bar in Loughton are on brothers and most look like the standard footballer wife.

Would you find it offensive if someone said it to you?Do you reckon you can tell someones 'type' by looking at them?I just asked him what type he thought I went for and he said 'rich and posh' WTF?!
haha now thats a boy thing. implying black people cant be rich and posh

Have had a few black girls say that I look like the type that would be on white girls, and not black girls. Used to piss me off nuff, especially when I wasn't and was on black girls. Not really anything big, but it annoyed me plenty back then. They need to have more faith in their black brothers.

Guest Seriouss
Yeh that is a bit of a boy ting.But a compliment at the same time. He really means (if he's white) :'sh*t didn't know u were one of them darkie lovers who let the side down. but you don't look it though.'
LMAOSo if you are a white girl and you go out with a black guy you're going to be stereotyped as a 'wastegash'?

Guest Silver Surfer
I've been told by ppl that they couldn't see me with a black guy. First time didn't bother me... second/third time kinda did
They must think that ur not worthy to date us, skeen, joke