Seriously, LOL @ Grime in 09

Bruno Di Gradi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but that isnt down to it being "sh*t" its down to you growin out of the phasebecause sub conciously you know it isn't trendy or cool to listen to it anymore.the level of music is still the same the hype is still there, (attend any rave and that will be clear)i've said it before the only thing its missing in Pirate radio.Wileys Lat album was the best to come out of the grime scene but Ghetto's realeased a few huge mixtapes.Young grime artists are getting signed left right and centre

but that isnt down to it being "sh*t" its down to you growin out of the phasebecause sub conciously you know it isn't trendy or cool to listen to it anymore.the level of music is still the same the hype is still there, (attend any rave and that will be clear)i've said it before the only thing its missing in Pirate radio.Wileys Lat album was the best to come out of the grime scene but Ghetto's realeased a few huge mixtapes.Young grime artists are getting signed left right and centre
lol nuffin to do wid stuff bein trendy or cool bruv, if my musical prefrence was based around that kind of thinking id be jumpin on the funky bandwagon. grime is nt as good as it was at all, even if u ignore the loss of pirate radio and lack of raves, the beats are no way near as good and its too influenced by US hip hop culture. it came from a form of dance music but that was distorted too much imo. your probably right about growing out of it tho, cos these days i look more towards a strong rhythm in music as appose to angry lyrics. one of the reasons i cant listen to much hip hop these days, cos most the time when the focus is on the lyrics the rhythm and beat gets left behind. im nt doubting that people still hype it up at a rave cos ive seen raves with grime on, but it aint doin much for me cos ill get bored of it quick.

but that isnt down to it being "sh*t" its down to you growin out of the phasebecause sub conciously you know it isn't trendy or cool to listen to it anymore.
In a way.I thought it was getting sh*t when tunes like Stomp, Warriors, Hoe etc stopped getting made and that was yonks ago, it started getting to musical, less grimey and lost its underground element that appealed to me in the first place.
the beats are no way near as good and its too influenced by US hip hop culture. it came from a form of dance music but that was distorted too much imo.

lol nuffin to do wid stuff bein trendy or cool bruv, if my musical prefrence was based around that kind of thinking id be jumpin on the funky bandwagon. grime is nt as good as it was at all, even if u ignore the loss of pirate radio and lack of raves, the beats are no way near as good and its too influenced by US hip hop culture. it came from a form of dance music but that was distorted too much imo. your probably right about growing out of it tho, cos these days i look more towards a strong rhythm in music as appose to angry lyrics. one of the reasons i cant listen to much hip hop these days, cos most the time when the focus is on the lyrics the rhythm and beat gets left behind. im nt doubting that people still hype it up at a rave cos ive seen raves with grime on, but it aint doin much for me cos ill get bored of it quick.
but that isnt down to it being "sh*t" its down to you growin out of the phasebecause sub conciously you know it isn't trendy or cool to listen to it anymore.
In a way.I thought it was getting sh*t when tunes like Stomp, Warriors, Hoe etc stopped getting made and that was yonks ago, it started getting to musical, less grimey and lost its underground element that appealed to me in the first place.
Forgive me if i'm wrongbut here go we have two ppl who no longer listen to grime fro to completly different even maybe contradicting reason one says he may have lost interest due to it being not being based round rhythm and being to angry, and the other says it went too musical and needed to be more grimey.hmmmm <_<

Forgive me if i'm wrongbut here go we have two ppl who no longer listen to grime fro to completly different even maybe contradicting reason one says he may have lost interest due to it being not being based round rhythm and being to angry, and the other says it went too musical and needed to be more grimey.hmmmm <_<
Your looking at it wrong still----------------Listening to: LoganSama_w_JME_Hammer_Jammer_Skepta_CGritz.mp3via FoxyTunes

Beats like that Silencer one are ok interspersed into a radio set. You will never ever hear me play something like that in a rave though, it's got no energy as an instrumental. It's flat and just rolls on, which works when MCs want to ride out and get their bars out. It illustrates the difference between the mixtape scene and the live aspect of Grime.But yeh, if you were to mute the bass synth channel on that beat it could be off a DJ Drama mixtape.