Are you afraid of death?

Captain Planet

i used to be so afraid of death, the whole nothingness thing scares me seeing as i'm not religious. but none of us can live forever. my nan died yesterday morning and i have been thinking about it a lot today. me and my dad were talking this morning about how the world began, through hundreds of explosions and collisions of matter etc.. and how when we die, we just disintegrate into matter, becoming part of the universe again.. it's just a natural cycle. i find thinking about death in terms of science and nature, helps me deal with it better.

Guest Esquilax

I think you're right flapjacks, if you think of something like death in a fairly cold and logical way, it makes it less scary

Fear is an emotion, if you have no emotional ties to an event, or in this case an inevitability, then it makes it that much less painful

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are

f*cked tbh

Weird to think would you REALLY want to exist for ever after you die and be around somewhere for trillions of years and just no its never going to end

But then you dont want to not exist and not know anything and just not be able to think close your eyes and thats it nothing your gone

c

b

v

f*ck off

f*ck this topic

^ I think that as life goes on and we get older we come to terms with the fact that death is inevitable, and maybe aren't as afraid of death but more afraid of leaving the people we love behind, almost wanting to make sure we can set them up for life in one way or another. ( I'm guessing)