Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kurtis

No Wonder Birdman Has Spent $100m

22 posts in this topic

Bangladesh Says Lil Wayne Hasn't Paid For "6 Foot 7 Foot" Yet

The last time we spoke with Bangladesh, he gave us some incite into the making of Lil Wayne's lead single off Tha Carter IV, "6 Foot 7 Foot." Today, it looks like he's still going through the same problem he went through with Lil Wayne and "A Milli."

The Atlanta beatsmith recently spoke on not being properly compensated for the the C4 single. "I f--- with Wayne, man; I had the opportunity to give him more music," he told MTV News. "It's just hard to do. It's just hard to keep working for free."

What Bangladesh actually did was he struck a deal with the Cash Money rapper. He waived the upfront fee for the beat in exchange for a verse from Lil Wayne for the producer's upcoming album. "It's not about the money, it's not about me charging him for the beat, because he is Lil Wayne; he's gonna sell albums," he said. "You only really charge people that you think is not gonna really sell too much, so you want to get your money off top."

Bangladesh mentioned that he will not work with Cash Money until the issue is resolved.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/04/bangladesh-says-lil-wayne-hasnt-paid-for-6-foot-7-foot-yet

late I know, he aint even the only one

Another lawsuit has been filed against Cash Money Records and Young Money Entertainment over unpaid royalties. Producer David Kirkwood filed a suit in the New York Southern District Court claiming Lil Wayne and company have jerked him out of $1.5 million dollars in royalties from Tha Carter III.

Cash Money Records has been threatened with litigation once again.

According to reports by AllHipHop.com, Bridgeport Music filed a lawsuit in Central District of California Western division Friday (June 10) accusing Birdman and Lil Wayne of illegally using a sample on the 2006 album Like Father, Like Son.

Bridgeports says the song in question, “You and Your Folks, Me and My Folks” off Funkadelic’s 1971 LP Maggot Brain was used without permission on the Birdman and Weezy track “Army Gunz.”

This is one of a series of lawsuits file against Cash Money in the last few weeks. Dallas production duo Play-N-Skillz filed a lawsuit against YMCM last week as well, claiming they were stiffed out of $1 million in royalties for production on Tha Carter III.

Also last week, David Kirkwood filed suit claiming he is owed $1.5 million in royalties for his work on TCIII.

At least three other producers, Jim Jonsin, Deezle and Bangladesh have claimed they haven’t been paid royalties for work done on Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III.

http://urbanislandz.com/2011/06/15/cash-money-records-sued-again-over-illegal-use-of-sample/

worse than Diddy, dunno how the artists are treated though, Mannie Fresh didnt seem happy there

sounds to me like these producers aint got there paperwork right

All of them?

When you see a pattern like this emerging and take into account how many well publicised disagreements Cash Money have had with their own artists over royalties let alone other producers I think it's fair to say they're the problem.

so he didnt get paid for the "a milli" beat but yet he still decided to make another beat for him...boy....if you cant hear you must feel

thats the thing, made a milli, no money, sue, drop suit, make 6 foot, no money, sue

plus he waived the up front fee on 6 foot so Wayne could be on his album

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

TAKING THE PISS LOL :lol:

Birdman >>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at man spending lil waynes "royalty checks" like its nothin

didnt Lil Wayne get $1m of his own money for his birthday aswell? think it was last year when Birdman gave him some suitcase of money

Wayne must be low key, I dont see how Soulja Boy has better jewellery than him, the grill thing is the only major thing he has and that one YM chain

he wore Gillie's MF chain durin the Carter times

Lol just because soulja boy buys the most tackiest fake jewelry in the world doesn't mean Wayne is less wealthy.

Just one baby chain > all of soulja boys whips

Wayne has definitely got gwualla more then most rappers. But I'm sure he gets bum raped by birdman differently tho (both ways). We can only speculate no one knows what really goes on.

lol you'll be a f*ck*ng idiot to think wayne dont eat

in fact ALL OF YMCMB eat

its anyone they use along the way or any one that isnt fam that gets f*cked in the arse

I remember reading an article that said they treat the music business just like they did with their street sh*t, Birdman causing havoc in offices till he gets what he wants, sending the goons round to people to make lawsuits go away, slim is apparently way worse than birdman lol and he dont even talk

if you can do it and get away with it why not

didnt Lil Wayne get $1m of his own money for his birthday aswell? think it was last year when Birdman gave him some suitcase of money

Wayne must be low key, I dont see how Soulja Boy has better jewellery than him, the grill thing is the only major thing he has and that one YM chain

he wore Gillie's MF chain durin the Carter times

lol wtf

such rubbish

lol at speculating what these man are actually making

they are wealthy till they die that all we need to know

Lol just because soulja boy buys the most tackiest fake jewelry in the world doesn't mean Wayne is less wealthy.

Just one baby chain > all of soulja boys whips

Wayne has definitely got gwualla more then most rappers. But I'm sure he gets bum raped by birdman differently tho (both ways). We can only speculate no one knows what really goes on.

oh nah Birdman is certified, chain, whips, house, everything.

unless Waynes just less showy, he doesnt seem to be on the same level chain wise, even though he's sellin like 10 times what Birdman sells

the chain

from around 34 secs

not even sure where I heard about it, but Gillie kinda touches on it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrtEKIps6XI

I know they gt P, all Im sayin is Wayne doesnt seem to spend much, bar the grill n house

not everyone cares about a chain

unless Waynes just less showy, he doesnt seem to be on the same level chain wise

:mellow:

Wayne eats come on now lets not be ridiculous

its just that anything that stands anywhere near birdman gets eclipsed #100

not everyone cares about a chain

unless Waynes just less showy, he doesnt seem to be on the same level chain wise
:mellow:

fackin 'ell dave

talking out of hes arse

when you think he isnt too 'flashy'

Wayne probably has on customised louboutins that costs more than soulja boys chains

or a marc jacobs velour tracksuit that costs more than soulja's chains

just saying