Results but not performance

Captain Planet

When Yao Kouassi missed that chance i thought he'd cost us yet again but he redeemed himself, great assist

Im telling you this guy is going to be KEY for us coz hes sooo good at getting into dangerous positions to make an assist or score.. his end product is improving game by game

Dreaded november is going to be different this year

We usually follow this kind of pattern.....

- Fly off to a great start in the beginning of the season

- Have a dreaded November

- Pick up in the new year and go on form

- Fall apart around feb/march

The only way is up from now on imo (on the condition that our key players stay fit of course)

Aaron Ramsey is targeting a season of goals.

The young midfielder has showed signs of his brilliant best over the last few weeks for Arsène Wenger’s side, particularly going forward.

Ramsey has already netted twice so far this season - including a crucial late winner at Marseille - and the 20-year-old says he can deliver even more.

“I like to get forward and into the box,” the Welshman said. “My target is to get into double figures so hopefully I can do that this season. It's always a nice feeling when you score a goal so yes, hopefully I can do that."

Ramsey was exceptional at Stamford Bridge on Saturday but emphasised the collective not the individual.

“I go out in every game to play as well as I can and help the team get the right result," he said. "I think everyone played their part against Chelsea.

“I think it was a massive win for us, we performed really well as a team,” he added. “We created lots of opportunities and we took a lot of them, so we can take a lot from that game.”

Good on Rambo, yes he has improved a lot in recent weeks. Maybe playing (nearly) every game during pre-season and up until he got injured was going to take its toll. Needed a short break to recharge himself and come back to what we know he can do. Thought on Saturday he was excellent, some killer passes one of which was scored.

Remember he has had to come back from a serious injury and it can take time to get the rhythm back, shit doesn't reappear within a couple games.

Really pleased with us getting wins, I'm all for that now over these "amazing performances" which get us nothing. At the end of the day the history books show the results not performances.

Saturday was the first time I have really enjoyed a win since Barcelona, nothing has come close in terms of satisfaction and pure adrenaline ruled rush like turning Chelsea over 5-3, we may have beat Man Utd 1-0 but it didn't feel like this. In recent weeks we've seen in games grinding out wins and not playing well, hey keep going!

Come on Arsenal!

Arsenal left-back Andre Santos may have plenty of flair on the pitch, but after showing off his vehicle of choice - a Smart Car - it's likely his manoeuvres on the road are anything but exciting.

The Brazilian, who scored in Arsenal's impressive 5-3 win over Chelsea on Saturday, posted a picture of his pimped-out compact car - complete with bright green rims - in the car park of Arsenal's training camp.

The tiny motor paled in comparison to the powerful vehicles surrounding it, and was in stark contrast to Emmanuel Frimpong's personalised white Range Rover parked across from it.

article-1320079483070-0E9CE4EC00000578-875092_466x342.jpg

'Today the training was more tactical, as tomorrow we play champions, now I'm going home in my big car,' Santos joked, referring to the upcoming Champions League clash with Marseille at the Emirates.

Earlier this month, Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie had a dig at teammate Thomas Vermaelen's retro Nissan Figaro.

After it was announced the Belgian centre-back had signed a new four-year deal with the club, the Dutch striker took to Twitter to encourage him to spend some of his wages on a more modern motor.

‘Congrats to @T_Vermaelen05 ! So it’s time now to get rid of the Figaro and buy a deeeeeecent car! Haha,’ wrote Van Persie.

article-1318953806131-0E6D9ED500000578-535096_636x411.jpg

Van Persie's taste in cars is far more in keeping with that of your stereotypical footballer.

He has been seen driving a Ferrari as well as a Cadillac Escalade during his time at Arsenal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Expected, well would have settled, for 8 points from October. Got 9 points.

Expects 9 points from the dreaded Arsenal November...

W.B.A. (H)

Norwich (A)

Fulham (H)

Norwich away looks th hardest cos its after international break and we are away with a 1245 KO.

F*cking COME ON ARSENAL !!!

*Hi 5's every Arsenal fan on this forum* :D

Fucked up the 9 yesterday, got 7 instead, smh... I worried about Norwich when it was Fulham...

/

15 points from December expected.

Wigan A

Everton H

Man City A

Aston Villa A

Wolves H

QPR H

Right either this week (League Cup) or next month I see us beating City... I might be really wrong but I see us being City's bogey team. Then again cos of Wenger's attacks on their players motives they might be ours...

Villa away might be tricky cos they look so defensive, so that could be a draw.

With good gap time between games I'm hoping for 15 points this month.

Wigan A - (Draw / Win) Always a tough game, we havent won in the last two trips to Wigan, wudnt be surprised by a draw

Everton H - (Win / Draw) Moyes will put 10 behind the ball, an offside goal put them ahead last season but we won, A23 scoring the winner from a Cesc dink pass.. think we can win but again wudnt be surprised by a draw

Man City A (Loss / Draw) Boyata got sent off inside 2/3mins, very different story this season think we will lose

Aston Villa A (Win / Draw) We should beat them, but it will be tough, evening kick-off but should win

Wolves H (Win) Mick's side will huff and puff but will be beaten

QPR H (Win) London derby, will win this

15 points should be the aim, i wudnt be shocked with 10 or 11 points