African-Caribbean boys 'would rather hustle than learn'

JOHN DOE

obv i think this is bollocks but can any native jamo confirm that being academically gifted is gay?

:/ :/ :/

Jamaicans are fucked

I know my aff niggas are beaten to get them good grades coz their parents/grandparents risked everything to get here so the kid could have a better life

Nail. On. Head.

/

jamicans are more happy to see there youts having a baby by tyrone than seeing them achieve good grades

why is it always tyrone on this forum :lol:

At uni, approx 90% of the black students are African

I can say the same for nearly every other uni I have been to with a significant black population

I'm not agreeing with the article in the slightest but the figures make me think

clocked this at my uni as well

bredrin also confirmed this an southbank

i am a dying breed in uni

I can say the same for nearly every other uni I have been to with a significant black population

I'm not agreeing with the article in the slightest but the figures make me think

yh this is true, says a lot.

but cs this article being some crab in the barrel shit

clocked this at my uni as well

bredrin also confirmed this an southbank

i am a dying breed in uni

Africans are starting to outnumber Carribeans period, secondary school is mostly the same.

• Upvote 2

all the black doctors, junior doctors at my work are black african no Caribbean at all in my whole 2 1/2 years there never seen ONE

dont get me wrong there are Caribbean nurses, sisters, midwifes etc but not doctor

• Upvote 1

all the black doctors, junior doctors at my work are black african no Caribbean at all in my whole 2 1/2 years there never seen ONE

dont get me wrong there are Caribbean nurses, sisters, midwifes etc but not doctor

:lol:

To be fair Africans outnumber Jamaicans by far. People forget that Jamaica is a small island in the carribean and Africa is a continent filled with a 47 countries and 1 billion humans. So of course Africans will propser more, you got numbers.

more numbers = more success. no.

800,000 jamaicans in the uk

430,000 chinese in the uk

guess whos prospering more?

its down to culture really, what do jamaicans define as success compared to others?

\jamaicans outnumber affs

• Upvote 1

black people in the U.K have regressed over the last few decades

what most young black men/women consider as success is frankly unattainable or a flawed way of thinking

the grand parents and the wiser elders need to reprogramme the youth to see the opportunities that they didn't have when they first came here and why there is NO excuse to live a life of crime or poverty if one is a healthy black male. whilst most race seem to grow up after the stage of rebellion (13-23 years) we get stuck in the cycle of either feeling sorry for ourselves or blaming other people for all our problems.

the "keeping it real" mentality is keeping us down

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

To be fair Africans outnumber Jamaicans by far. People forget that Jamaica is a small island in the carribean and Africa is a continent filled with a 47 countries and 1 billion humans. So of course Africans will propser more, you got numbers.

its down to culture really, what do jamaicans define as success compared to others?

You make a good point but what I’m suggesting is that the probability rate of success amongst Africans will be greater than Jamaicans. Yes China has less people in the UK then UK blacks but China consists of billions of people so they are more likely to be heavily influenced by positive people. They also have strong values, anywhere you go in the world you can guarantee there is a china town somewhere. You try putting a bloody jerk centre in china? No chance mate

Unfortunately Jamaicans have lost their way in world due to Drugs/Gang culture - it doesn’t help that the island is used as a hotspot for shipments of class A, also they have lost their sense of identity as what do we stand for? Jerk Chicken? Fast runners? Reggae music and sandy beaches. My grandparents came over here on a boat all suited and booted up with the top man hats and all sorts, they were over polite and were generally strong positive people even with the racism, they just smiled thanked people for their time and kept it moving. Now were dumb, I don’t get it.

Jamaicans are one the most entrepreneurial people i know. I've been in barbers shops where a yardie will walk in with fake gucci and attempt to sell it to, you will know it's fake but the convincing sales pitch and the belief in their expressiveness will make you consider "maybe it’s not fake- maybe it's real". Same with CD's a real Jamaican is not going to let you leave until to say a firm NO. It's a god giving ability. It's just unfortunate that they don't use these natural born skills in the wider world and build industries and get away from the negative energies drugs bring.

• Downvote 1

You make a good point but what I’m suggesting is that the probability rate of success amongst Africans will be greater than Jamaicans. Yes China has less people in the UK then UK blacks but China consists of billions of people so they are more likely to be heavily influenced by positive people. They also have strong values, anywhere you go in the world you can guarantee there is a china town somewhere. You try putting a bloody jerk centre in china? No chance mate

Unfortunately Jamaicans have lost their way in world due to Drugs/Gang culture - it doesn’t help that the island is used as a hotspot for shipments of class A, also they have lost their sense of identity as what do we stand for? Jerk Chicken? Fast runners? Reggae music and sandy beaches. My grandparents came over here on a boat all suited and booted up with the top man hats and all sorts, they were over polite and were generally strong positive people even with the racism, they just smiled thanked people for their time and kept it moving. Now were dumb, I don’t get it.

Jamaicans are one the most entrepreneurial people i know. I've been in barbers shops where a yardie will walk in with fake gucci and attempt to sell it to, you will know it's fake but the convincing sales pitch and the belief in their expressiveness will make you consider "maybe it’s not fake- maybe it's real". Same with CD's a real Jamaican is not going to let you leave until to say a firm NO. It's a god giving ability. It's just unfortunate that they don't use these natural born skills in the wider world and build industries and get away from the negative energies drugs bring.

you have to learn the difference between street hustling and an innate entrepreneurship

one can build a multi million dollar company the other will fail with high probability or almost always get you on the wrong side of the law

• Upvote 2

you have to learn the difference between street hustling and an innate entrepreneurship

one can build a multi million dollar company the other will fail with high probability or almost always get you on the wrong side of the law

alie, big difference

and stop equating population size with success

jamaica is not as tiny as you think

>>>>island mentality

• Upvote 3

I lived in Jamaica and Africa for over a year, the difference is vast trust me

It doesnt matter what entreprenuership they posses, what matters is that they have it in them. Yes done with the street hustling, it doesnt get you know where

Man like Richard Branson wouldn't be opening business centres in JA if he didnt beleive in the potential

http://www.bransoncentre.org/Caribbean/home.html

on a reals tho, what happened to us

we was the first blacks allowed in england

While our grandparents were helping to build this country back after the war and establish the public transport system etc... they weren't around enough to look after our parents and teach them what it takes to prosper in this society.

Our parents in turn didn't have the tools to teach us and give us academic discipline from a young age.

• Upvote 1

i've seen some reaching in my time but this takes the biscuit.

• Upvote 5

on a reals tho, what happened to us

we was the first blacks allowed in england

While our grandparents were helping to build this country back after the war and establish the public transport system etc... they weren't around enough to look after our parents and teach them what it takes to prosper in this society.

Our parents in turn didn't have the tools to teach us and give us academic discipline from a young age.

Love this comment,

theres a lot to be said in terms of this,

remember a documentry on i think it was channel 4 that spoke about immigration from whenever to present day, and the different issues that faced the newcomer to the country,

i find it strange that more people haven't made more links in this aspect.