Overrated players that are considered great?

CrillzCity

Rooney is world class cos his shooting ability from long distance is exceptional, his first touch is exceptional, his passing range is great, his goal scoring ratio at club and internatinal level is very good and he not only scores consistantly he also makes goals with assists, he can score great goals from 30 yards but also score poacher goals inside the box. He is also very good at scoring Free Kicks and his heading is very good too.

What more can you ask for?

Same with Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov etc world class players where as Keane was nothing more than a good player. Where as players similar to Keanes role like Gerrard, Viera are world class.

What can Keane do better than NIcky Butt, Dennis Wise, Hargreaves, Mascherano, Parker, Ince etc?

Have I been Tulse'd?

I can back up my claims by showing you Dennis Wise goals from long distance but you showed footage of Keane claiming he scored goals outside the 18 yard box and only 1 was just outside the box.

Facts>>>>>opinions you talked about Keane scoring many goals yet the stats official stats are he scored 57 goals in 462 games.

Darrent Bent is very good at doing what he does paching goals but does that make him anywhere near world class? so why would Keane be anywhere near world class just cos he was good at what he did tackling and breaking up play?

Some stats from Keanes last season with us (When he was over the hill and pretty much finished)

Yes stats do not tell everything but they paint a picture. Now imagine what his stats would have been like in his prime.

Season 2004-05

Appearances 31

Minutes On Pitch 2,611

Goal Attempts

Goals 1

Shots On Target 6

Shots Off Target 10

Shooting Accuracy 38%

Chance Conversion 6%

Passing

Goal Assists 2

Total Passes 2,210

Pass Completion % 89%

Crossing

Total Crosses 42

Cross Completion % 40%

Dribbling

Dribbles & Runs 123

Dribble Completion % 82%

Defending

Tackles Made 160

Tackles Won % 67%

Blocks 15

Clearances 47

Interceptions 47

Looks at their honours

Ok mate

:/

Silly

O RLY

cantana, keane, Rooney

Cantana transformed united are u mad

Same with keane I remember his debut against arsenal in south Africa 2 pens by wright you must be some youth keane was a sick player are you mad. I respect Brian clough and Alex fergusons opnion more than yours

Rooney the game changer average :/

Would of loved to see all 3 in the arsenal

Jersey

If you said silvestre, fortune, etc you would have a point

Rooney is overrated, far too inconsistent to be considered up there with the very best, and when his is out of form he plays like a pub player.

Silvestre and Fortune aren't rated highly in the first place.

Rooney has scored a 115 goals in 236 games for Man Utd so far that is 1 goal every 2 games. and this isn't including all the assists he has and also considering he is a Second Striker/number 10 not an out and out Striker so that is extremley impressive compared to other Second Strikers like Bergkamp who didn't have a goal scoring record that impressive.

Men lie, women lie but numbers never lie. the stats show how consistant Rooney is and this is just the goals not even including assists.

Rooney is world class cos his shooting ability from long distance is exceptional, his first touch is exceptional, his passing range is great, his goal scoring ratio at club and internatinal level is very good and he not only scores consistantly he also makes goals with assists, he can score great goals from 30 yards but also score poacher goals inside the box. He is also very good at scoring Free Kicks and his heading is very good too.

Same with Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov etc world class players where as Keane was nothing more than a good player. Where as players similar to Keanes role like Gerrard, Viera are world class.

What can Keane do better than NIcky Butt, Dennis Wise, Hargreaves, Mascherano, Parker, Ince etc?

Have I been Tulse'd?

Yeah

Some stats from Keanes last season with us (When he was over the hill and pretty much finished)

Yes stats do not tell everything but they paint a picture. Now imagine what his stats would have been like in his prime.

Season 2004-05

Appearances 31

Minutes On Pitch 2,611

Goal Attempts

Goals 1

Shots On Target 6

Shots Off Target 10

Shooting Accuracy 38%

Chance Conversion 6%

Passing

Goal Assists 2

Total Passes 2,210

Pass Completion % 89%

Crossing

Total Crosses 42

Cross Completion % 40%

Dribbling

Dribbles & Runs 123

Dribble Completion % 82%

Defending

Tackles Made 160

Tackles Won % 67%

Blocks 15

Clearances 47

Interceptions 47

He scored 1 goal the entire season say no more. 10 shots of target lol, and a 38% shooting accuracy. Again easy to complete passes when you pass the ball sidways and simple 10 yard passes. he had 2 assists the entire season lol.

Those dribbling stats don't mean he dribbled past players they also include just running with the ball into space and the stats basically prove my point he was just good at tackling and breaking up play.

Have I been Tulse'd?

Yeah

Jheeze you switching sides like a snake now lol 1 min you was agreeing with me even said ya self Keane is an over hyped Gattuso yet a few mins later you changing ya mind and agreeing with him. Joker

Have I been Tulse'd?

Facts>>>>>opinions you talked about Keane scoring many goals yet the stats official stats are he scored 57 goals in 462 games.

You don't think a goal every 8 games is good for the most defensive minded midfielder in a 4-4-2 system consisting of goal scorers like....

Yorke = 1 in 2

Cole= 1 in 2

Ruud= 1 in 1.5

Giggs= 1 in 5

Scholes= 1 in 3.5

Teddy= 1 in 3

Ole= 1 in 2.5

Beckham= 1 in 4

Cantonna = 1 in 2

??

Have I been Tulse'd?

You don't think a goal every 8 games is good for the most defensive minded midfielder in a 4-4-2 system consisting of goal scorers like....

Yorke = 1 in 2

Cole= 1 in 2

Ruud= 1 in 1.5

Giggs= 1 in 5

Scholes= 1 in 3.5

Teddy= 1 in 3

Ole= 1 in 2.5

Beckham= 1 in 4

Cantonna = 1 in 2

??

1 thing you missing is i never said Keane was not a good player a good defensive midfielder but are any of those stats world class? no

Lets look at Keanes overall goals his entire career 57 goals in almost a 20 year playing career to me that is not impressive you 5talking about he was a defensive midfielder yet Scott Parker and man like that have scored a similar amount of goals the point you missing is that Keane was not a great player but a good 1 those stats you posted up are not that different to people like Ince, Butt, Hargreaves etc stats.

Certain man claiming Rooney overatted but his stats are 1 goal every 2 games, crazy amount of assists, we all seen the 30 - 40yard screamers Rooney scored consistantly his career, we all seen the pin point passes he makes, we all seen how he controlls the ball, how he poaches goals i could go on yet people wanna call a World Class talented player overrated but try make out like Keane was great? lmao not saying Rooney is as good as Messi but he is World Class with out doubt.

Replace Keane with someone like Parker in that 90's Man Utd team you think it would make a big difference and they would win less trophies? i don't think so and put Keane in a team like Tottenham in the 90's you think all of a sudden they would win trophies? i don't think so

Have I been Tulse'd?

Yorke = 1 in 2

Cole= 1 in 2

Ruud= 1 in 1.5

Giggs= 1 in 5

Scholes= 1 in 3.5

Teddy= 1 in 3

Ole= 1 in 2.5

Beckham= 1 in 4

Cantonna = 1 in 2

??

Lets look at Keanes overall goals his entire career 57 goals in almost a 20 year playing career to me that is not impressive you 5talking about he was a defensive midfielder yet Scott Parker and man like that have scored a similar amount of goals the point you missing is that Keane was not a great player but a good 1 those stats you posted up are not that different to people like Ince, Butt, Hargreaves etc stats.

Yeah Parkers return of 1 goal every 13 game is quality mate nice one

Butts 1 goal every 12 games

Hargreaves 1 game every 10 years

Add me to the book fella

Nice one

Looks at their honours

Ok mate

:/

Silly

O RLY

cantana, keane, Rooney

Cantana transformed united are u mad

Same with keane I remember his debut against arsenal in south Africa 2 pens by wright you must be some youth keane was a sick player are you mad. I respect Brian clough and Alex fergusons opnion more than yours

Rooney the game changer average :/

Would of loved to see all 3 in the arsenal

Jersey

If you said silvestre, fortune, etc you would have a point

Rooney is overrated, far too inconsistent to be considered up there with the very best, and when his is out of form he plays like a pub player.

Silvestre and Fortune aren't rated highly in the first place.

Rooney has scored a 115 goals in 236 games for Man Utd so far that is 1 goal every 2 games. and this isn't including all the assists he has and also considering he is a Second Striker/number 10 not an out and out Striker so that is extremley impressive compared to other Second Strikers like Bergkamp who didn't have a goal scoring record that impressive.

Men lie, women lie but numbers never lie. the stats show how consistant Rooney is and this is just the goals not even including assists.

Thankyou I stopped taking EVERYONES opnion on football seriously on this Fourm when guys were mocking me when I said sweinsteiger (sp) had up

England as he is a great player Goliath and mike

Kane being the main offenders

Have I been Tulse'd?

Yeah

Jheeze you switching sides like a snake now lol 1 min you was agreeing with me even said ya self Keane is an over hyped Gattuso yet a few mins later you changing ya mind and agreeing with him. Joker

Nah i agree with you

Rooney is not world class, it's flung around way too much.

Very good player but not world class, goes missing way too much.

At his age now I would have thought he would be terrorising the league week in week out like Henry did and Messi and Ronaldo do.

Showing my age, but watching man like THE Ronaldo, Zidane, Bergkamp they were world class. Shout out Battigoal and Milan Shevchenko

parker better than keane :rofl:

Did i say Parker was better than Keane? i said Parkers shooting technique is better than Keanes and that isn't cos Parker is a top level at that it is more so Keane not being good at all as far as long distance shooting is concerned. IMO Parkers tackling, energy and breaking up play is just as good as Keanes.

Keane was 1 of the best CM in the last 25 years.