Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Somalian

ISP Question

14 posts in this topic

My internet connection has been going really slow past 10 days. I checked my downloading I have downloaded over 300 gig worth of files

I am with sky broadband I am suppose to have unlimited connection. Is my connection going slow because of the amount of stuff I have downloaded?

fair usage?

So from 1st of september I can assume it will go back to normal? I liked my dongle at least it told me when I was taking the piss.

hope for your sake it does go back to normal

not sure if they would class you as a 'heavy user' and throttle your d/l's, maybe someone can confirm

Sound like a beazely ting.

lmao

I thought OP would be 'Am I Gayle?'

Speedtest?

post the results

You should ring them up If they're anything like BT they'll be able to tell you if your connection is being throttled and when it will go back to normal.

I will do speed test when I am at home. I downloaded expendables and Avengers over night which is around 10 gigs comined when I left for work Expendables had done and Avengers was 93% done but then was downloading at 16kb rate when I went to check the rate CBL (so I am presuming I get okish speeds over night but in the day and evening they kill my speeds). Also on my mums on Sky broadband when I download from her house She is getiig speeds of 1.1mb. Highest I ever get is 450kb Sky are lucky I am lazy or I would switch ISP.

I'M GETTING SOME BATTYMAN SPEEDS

ISP ON SOME BEAZLEY TING

120s083.png

I'm on Sky as well. Noticed my speed off the past couple of days and a couple of outages for a few minutes at night. Just checked my line stats on the router and they have knocked me down from 15mb to 7mb. Contacting them on Twitter about it now.

Sky is bless for me. I have torrents running at night like you and stream off iplayer/youtube on the xbox and I haven't noticed any speed decrease.

ScreenShot2012-08-31at210213.png

i need to switch to fiber once i start streaming on netflix and sh*t

Lol @ 'batty man speeds'

Nah

:rofl:

Mad chuckling so simple too